In need of a new management company

In need of a new management company

Rental Property Investor · CA · Member since 2023 · 25 posts · 27 votes

I currently own rental properties in California, Arizona, and Ohio, and I wanted to share my experiences with property management.

In Arizona, Rentals America has been amazing—just one point of contact who responds quickly and keeps me updated on everything.

In California, Messa Properties has provided a very similar experience. I’ve used them for many years. Fees are a bit higher, but that’s understandable given the market there.

Now, for Ohio, ERA Management has been managing my duplex for almost two years. The first year, I gave them a pass, but now I’m frustrated. I can never get someone on a call, and it’s always “email this person in this department” or “that person handles this.” I just want a single point-of-contact manager who can keep me informed. Isn’t that the point of hiring a manager?

If anyone in the Columbus area knows of a management company like Rentals America or Messa Properties, I’d love to chat. I’m looking for a team that actually manages the property for me without all the runaround. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I currently own rental properties in California, Arizona and Ohio. First of all my Arizona management company Rentals America is amazing. You have 1 point of contact that responds and keeps you updated on everything. Second is in California MessaProperties. I've used them for many years and have a very similar experience though fees can a bit higher. Understandable since its California. Now the third ERA Management in Ohio. My god! they have been managing my duplex almost 2 years now and first year I gave as a pass. But, I can never get on a call with them, everything is email xyz person in this department or this person in another. I just want a single point "MANAGER" that can feed information up to me. Isn't that the point of a manager? Anyways, if anyone in the Columbus area knows of a management company like Rentals, or Messa I'm here and would love to chat. If anyone has great experience with anyone in Columbus please let me know and I'm happy to reach out.

5Reply
132 views

Most Popular Reply

Alfath AhmedBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10mo
Quote from @Amish Patel:

I currently own rental properties in California, Arizona, and Ohio, and I wanted to share my experiences with property management.

In Arizona, Rentals America has been amazing—just one point of contact who responds quickly and keeps me updated on everything.

In California, Messa Properties has provided a very similar experience. I’ve used them for many years. Fees are a bit higher, but that’s understandable given the market there.

Now, for Ohio, ERA Management has been managing my duplex for almost two years. The first year, I gave them a pass, but now I’m frustrated. I can never get someone on a call, and it’s always “email this person in this department” or “that person handles this.” I just want a single point-of-contact manager who can keep me informed. Isn’t that the point of hiring a manager?

If anyone in the Columbus area knows of a management company like Rentals America or Messa Properties, I’d love to chat. I’m looking for a team that actually manages the property for me without all the runaround. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

I currently own rental properties in California, Arizona and Ohio. First of all my Arizona management company Rentals America is amazing. You have 1 point of contact that responds and keeps you updated on everything. Second is in California MessaProperties. I've used them for many years and have a very similar experience though fees can a bit higher. Understandable since its California. Now the third ERA Management in Ohio. My god! they have been managing my duplex almost 2 years now and first year I gave as a pass. But, I can never get on a call with them, everything is email xyz person in this department or this person in another. I just want a single point "MANAGER" that can feed information up to me. Isn't that the point of a manager? Anyways, if anyone in the Columbus area knows of a management company like Rentals, or Messa I'm here and would love to chat. If anyone has great experience with anyone in Columbus please let me know and I'm happy to reach out.


Hey Amish, i'm based in columbus. There are a ton of PM companies. I have worked with and have heard good things about ERA PM. Did you give the owner a call? I would work with him to get an understanding. I know they manage over 2000+ units in cbus. 

There are other PM's as well. 

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Alfath AhmedBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Amish Patel:

    I currently own rental properties in California, Arizona, and Ohio, and I wanted to share my experiences with property management.

    In Arizona, Rentals America has been amazing—just one point of contact who responds quickly and keeps me updated on everything.

    In California, Messa Properties has provided a very similar experience. I’ve used them for many years. Fees are a bit higher, but that’s understandable given the market there.

    Now, for Ohio, ERA Management has been managing my duplex for almost two years. The first year, I gave them a pass, but now I’m frustrated. I can never get someone on a call, and it’s always “email this person in this department” or “that person handles this.” I just want a single point-of-contact manager who can keep me informed. Isn’t that the point of hiring a manager?

    If anyone in the Columbus area knows of a management company like Rentals America or Messa Properties, I’d love to chat. I’m looking for a team that actually manages the property for me without all the runaround. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

    I currently own rental properties in California, Arizona and Ohio. First of all my Arizona management company Rentals America is amazing. You have 1 point of contact that responds and keeps you updated on everything. Second is in California MessaProperties. I've used them for many years and have a very similar experience though fees can a bit higher. Understandable since its California. Now the third ERA Management in Ohio. My god! they have been managing my duplex almost 2 years now and first year I gave as a pass. But, I can never get on a call with them, everything is email xyz person in this department or this person in another. I just want a single point "MANAGER" that can feed information up to me. Isn't that the point of a manager? Anyways, if anyone in the Columbus area knows of a management company like Rentals, or Messa I'm here and would love to chat. If anyone has great experience with anyone in Columbus please let me know and I'm happy to reach out.


    Hey Amish, i'm based in columbus. There are a ton of PM companies. I have worked with and have heard good things about ERA PM. Did you give the owner a call? I would work with him to get an understanding. I know they manage over 2000+ units in cbus. 

    There are other PM's as well. 

  • Marc RiceBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Amish Patel:

    I currently own rental properties in California, Arizona, and Ohio, and I wanted to share my experiences with property management.

    In Arizona, Rentals America has been amazing—just one point of contact who responds quickly and keeps me updated on everything.

    In California, Messa Properties has provided a very similar experience. I’ve used them for many years. Fees are a bit higher, but that’s understandable given the market there.

    Now, for Ohio, ERA Management has been managing my duplex for almost two years. The first year, I gave them a pass, but now I’m frustrated. I can never get someone on a call, and it’s always “email this person in this department” or “that person handles this.” I just want a single point-of-contact manager who can keep me informed. Isn’t that the point of hiring a manager?

    If anyone in the Columbus area knows of a management company like Rentals America or Messa Properties, I’d love to chat. I’m looking for a team that actually manages the property for me without all the runaround. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

    I currently own rental properties in California, Arizona and Ohio. First of all my Arizona management company Rentals America is amazing. You have 1 point of contact that responds and keeps you updated on everything. Second is in California MessaProperties. I've used them for many years and have a very similar experience though fees can a bit higher. Understandable since its California. Now the third ERA Management in Ohio. My god! they have been managing my duplex almost 2 years now and first year I gave as a pass. But, I can never get on a call with them, everything is email xyz person in this department or this person in another. I just want a single point "MANAGER" that can feed information up to me. Isn't that the point of a manager? Anyways, if anyone in the Columbus area knows of a management company like Rentals, or Messa I'm here and would love to chat. If anyone has great experience with anyone in Columbus please let me know and I'm happy to reach out.

    I have good experience with ERA. However, I can share information on other PM's as well. Feel free to DM me

    Marc Rice | Investor Friendly Agent at Reafco Tailwind Team574 Reviews
  • Adam BartomeoBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10mo

    @Drew Sygit Have you expanded into that area? 

  • Rental Property Investor · CA · Member since 2023 · 25 posts · 27 votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Hey Amish,

    I can totally relate to the frustration of dealing with multiple points of contact. It really does defeat the purpose of hiring a property manager in the first place! If you're still looking for a more streamlined experience, I recommend checking out Green Ocean Property Management. They focus on providing dedicated account managers who keep you informed and handle everything without the runaround. Might be worth exploring!

    Hope this helps, and best of luck with your search!


     Thanks, but I'm looking for management in the Columbus Ohio area. It looks like Green Ocean is for Boston

  • Property Manager · Member since 2024 · 117 posts · 112 votes
    10mo

    I completely understand your frustration — not every property manager is built to support investors, and many don’t have the systems or communication processes needed to do it well.

    However, this is exactly where our team excels. We prioritize transparency, responsiveness, and investor-focused operations. please check your messages.

  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Amish Patel:

    I currently own rental properties in California, Arizona, and Ohio, and I wanted to share my experiences with property management.

    In Arizona, Rentals America has been amazing—just one point of contact who responds quickly and keeps me updated on everything.

    In California, Messa Properties has provided a very similar experience. I’ve used them for many years. Fees are a bit higher, but that’s understandable given the market there.

    Now, for Ohio, ERA Management has been managing my duplex for almost two years. The first year, I gave them a pass, but now I’m frustrated. I can never get someone on a call, and it’s always “email this person in this department” or “that person handles this.” I just want a single point-of-contact manager who can keep me informed. Isn’t that the point of hiring a manager?

    If anyone in the Columbus area knows of a management company like Rentals America or Messa Properties, I’d love to chat. I’m looking for a team that actually manages the property for me without all the runaround. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

    I currently own rental properties in California, Arizona and Ohio. First of all my Arizona management company Rentals America is amazing. You have 1 point of contact that responds and keeps you updated on everything. Second is in California MessaProperties. I've used them for many years and have a very similar experience though fees can a bit higher. Understandable since its California. Now the third ERA Management in Ohio. My god! they have been managing my duplex almost 2 years now and first year I gave as a pass. But, I can never get on a call with them, everything is email xyz person in this department or this person in another. I just want a single point "MANAGER" that can feed information up to me. Isn't that the point of a manager? Anyways, if anyone in the Columbus area knows of a management company like Rentals, or Messa I'm here and would love to chat. If anyone has great experience with anyone in Columbus please let me know and I'm happy to reach out.


     ERA is my go-to but you can try Heart and Home, OEM, RP property management, 10x property management, Acorn, Beacon, in Columbus, Ohio

  • Clare PitcherBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2024 · 162 posts · 97 votes
    10mo
    Quote from @Amish Patel:

    I currently own rental properties in California, Arizona, and Ohio, and I wanted to share my experiences with property management.

    In Arizona, Rentals America has been amazing—just one point of contact who responds quickly and keeps me updated on everything.

    In California, Messa Properties has provided a very similar experience. I’ve used them for many years. Fees are a bit higher, but that’s understandable given the market there.

    Now, for Ohio, ERA Management has been managing my duplex for almost two years. The first year, I gave them a pass, but now I’m frustrated. I can never get someone on a call, and it’s always “email this person in this department” or “that person handles this.” I just want a single point-of-contact manager who can keep me informed. Isn’t that the point of hiring a manager?

    If anyone in the Columbus area knows of a management company like Rentals America or Messa Properties, I’d love to chat. I’m looking for a team that actually manages the property for me without all the runaround. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

    I currently own rental properties in California, Arizona and Ohio. First of all my Arizona management company Rentals America is amazing. You have 1 point of contact that responds and keeps you updated on everything. Second is in California MessaProperties. I've used them for many years and have a very similar experience though fees can a bit higher. Understandable since its California. Now the third ERA Management in Ohio. My god! they have been managing my duplex almost 2 years now and first year I gave as a pass. But, I can never get on a call with them, everything is email xyz person in this department or this person in another. I just want a single point "MANAGER" that can feed information up to me. Isn't that the point of a manager? Anyways, if anyone in the Columbus area knows of a management company like Rentals, or Messa I'm here and would love to chat. If anyone has great experience with anyone in Columbus please let me know and I'm happy to reach out.


     A great PM in Columbus, similar to Messa Properties, is RL Property Management! 

    https://rlpmg.com/

    Welcome Home Milwaukee4.4454 Reviews
  • Property Manager · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2014 · 77 posts · 30 votes
    10mo

    RL property management are amazing... Ownership, staff and culture.. we literally tryt o duplicate what they do in DFW market. Good luck

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.