Outstanding Real Estate Solutions Scam (ORES)

Outstanding Real Estate Solutions Scam (ORES)

Member since 2021 · 36 posts · 26 votes

The original one was deleted, creating this new one. 

Please don't post content from paid website, otherwise will be deleted again.

Thx

1Reply
2,883 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2022 · 31 posts · 10 votes
4y
Quote from @Dongzi Wu:

The original one was deleted, creating this new one. 

Please don't post content from paid website, otherwise will be deleted again.

Thx

If this company has taken your money and not given it back, please email your promissory note to this email 

charlie@tracreportingllc(dot)com

See this reply in the discussion

248 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Dongzi Wu:

    I have not heard anything from Charlie since September 6th. Just emailed him and call him, nobody answered phone, so left a message for him. lets all email and call him today to get his attention !!

    @Dongzi Wu did you have a lawsuit with her and if so how is that going? 

  • Redwood City, CA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    not going. trying to figure out what to do next still attempting to get in touch with Charlie Adams.

  • Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @John Twomey:

    not going. trying to figure out what to do next still attempting to get in touch with Charlie Adams.


     what do you mean by not going? 

  • Redwood City, CA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    do not have a lawsuit

  • Member since 2021 · 36 posts · 26 votes
    4y

    Hi,

    I had a lawsuit against ORES, spent several thousand already, no good progress. It went to pause after Charlie take receivership role. When judge decide ORES to go under receivership, the lawsuit automatically pauses.   I am not lawyer, don't know much about law, that is what my understanding of what my lawyer told me.  Assume victims can always go after her personally instead of ORES, not sure if there is criminal charge against her right now !!

    Regards!

  • Investor · Stahlstown, PA · Member since 2016 · 71 posts · 20 votes
    4y

    Hopefully we will get a call or email from   Charlie letting us know what’s going on. I’m in the same boat with lawyer, everything is on hold. 

  • Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Sonya Brown:

    Hopefully we will get a call or email from   Charlie letting us know what’s going on. I’m in the same boat with lawyer, everything is on hold. 


    Geez this is such a mess!!!
  • Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Has anyone heard from the court-appointed receiver appointed for ORES by

    the Comal County Court Judge? On another web site, I learned that there

    was to be a meeting with the receiver, Charles Adams, concerning the

    progress (or lack of same) on this situation. I received no such notice

    and Mr. Adams is aware that I am one of the creditors to this action.

    Another notice said that the meeting had been postponed with no date

    set.

    The residence where Ms. VanGundy has been living, 914 Avery Park, New

    Braunfels is no longer on the market. A property search shows that

    property under another name since 2013.

    My suspicion is that we probably will see little or no money and should

    investigate using our losses as tax-write offs (consult your lawyer/tax

    advisor). I have a good friend who is one of the top bankruptcy

    attorneys in the country (usually corporate). He told me that the only

    time in his 30+ years that the scammer paid off is when the crook

    unexpectedly died and had a large life insurance policy that was able to

    pay off all the creditors.

    I believe that perhaps action could be taken against the agents who sold

    these "investments." Perhaps they have E&O insurance, but from the

    advice I've received, the documents I signed are not normal documents

    for such transactions. However, it seems that Ms. VanGundy never

    purchased or rehabbed these mobile homes and I question if the agents or

    account managers ever did their due diligence and any simple

    investigation -- like, "Could I see where you renovate these units?" or

    "Could I see where you have installed these units?" or "Could I see some

    of the paperwork from your purchasers of these units?"

    Of course, fairly we could say neither did we. Or at least I can say it.

    Someone had posted this, what do you guys think? 

  • Investor · Stahlstown, PA · Member since 2016 · 71 posts · 20 votes
    3y

    @Account Closed I have not had any updates or heard anything. Thanks thought she was living at 614 Battistrada…. Is this a different property 

  • Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Sonya Brown:

    @Account Closed I have not had any updates or heard anything. Thanks thought she was living at 614 Battistrada…. Is this a different property 


    Thanks Sonya that was a post I found by someone else, so I am not sure
  • Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Sonya Brown:

    @Account Closed I have not had any updates or heard anything. Thanks thought she was living at 614 Battistrada…. Is this a different property 


     I believe she had sold that property.    But I've heard so many stories about what she does or doesn't own.   It looks like the only thing she doesn't claim she owned was mobile homes.   Somebody told me that she is "trying" to bring back money from Dubai.  But it could be Dubuque for all we know.

  • Member since 2022 · 18 posts · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Sonya Brown:

    @Account Closed I have not had any updates or heard anything. Thanks thought she was living at 614 Battistrada…. Is this a different property 


     I believe she had sold that property.    But I've heard so many stories about what she does or doesn't own.   It looks like the only thing she doesn't claim she owned was mobile homes.   Somebody told me that she is "trying" to bring back money from Dubai.  But it could be Dubuque for all we know.


     Does anyone know if the mobile homes we purchased existed? 

  • Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 3 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Sonya Brown:

    @Account Closed I have not had any updates or heard anything. Thanks thought she was living at 614 Battistrada…. Is this a different property 


     I believe she had sold that property.    But I've heard so many stories about what she does or doesn't own.   It looks like the only thing she doesn't claim she owned was mobile homes.   Somebody told me that she is "trying" to bring back money from Dubai.  But it could be Dubuque for all we know.


     Does anyone know if the mobile homes we purchased existed? 


  • Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 3 votes
    3y

    Season's greetings everybody!

    I'm just wondering if anyone had any updates from the receiver Charlie Adam's or have any positive lead, fact about Van Gundy?

    Thank you

  • Investor · Stahlstown, PA · Member since 2016 · 71 posts · 20 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Roberto Benoza:

    Season's greetings everybody!

    I'm just wondering if anyone had any updates from the receiver Charlie Adam's or have any positive lead, fact about Van Gundy?

    Thank you


  • Investor · Stahlstown, PA · Member since 2016 · 71 posts · 20 votes
    3y

    @robeto I was hoping for an update as well by now. It’s been 3 months since they dismissed the bankruptcy so I think they should have found some info either good or bad. I just don’t think this is going to get settled anytime soon. Let’s pray for the good. 

  • Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 3 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Sonya Brown:

    @robeto I was hoping for an update as well by now. It’s been 3 months since they dismissed the bankruptcy so I think they should have found some info either good or bad. I just don’t think this is going to get settled anytime soon. Let’s pray for the good. 


     I got a response from Charlie and below is his message to me. 

    Please see below update on the this case:
    My attorney and I have been going through multiple banking records over the last few months. Within those detailed reviews, we have accumulated a long list of legal entities and people who have received funds that don't seem to align with the business of Mobile Homes. This group (I will call it tier 1) have received letters from my attorney and communications have begun. I can see things moving forward in two ways: 1) These individuals and entities will work with us to return monies owed back to the Company or 2) we will need to go to litigation.
    Soon after the new year, I will be meeting with Judge Waldrip to update him on all things in regards to this case. Subsequent to that, I do see more letters going out based on our continued review. My attorney and I work 7 days a week on this case to put together the story of what happened to all the funds.
    Please let me know if you have any more questions.
    Charlie

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Roberto Benoza:
    Quote from @Sonya Brown:

    @robeto I was hoping for an update as well by now. It’s been 3 months since they dismissed the bankruptcy so I think they should have found some info either good or bad. I just don’t think this is going to get settled anytime soon. Let’s pray for the good. 


     I got a response from Charlie and below is his message to me. 

    Please see below update on the this case:
    My attorney and I have been going through multiple banking records over the last few months. Within those detailed reviews, we have accumulated a long list of legal entities and people who have received funds that don't seem to align with the business of Mobile Homes. This group (I will call it tier 1) have received letters from my attorney and communications have begun. I can see things moving forward in two ways: 1) These individuals and entities will work with us to return monies owed back to the Company or 2) we will need to go to litigation.
    Soon after the new year, I will be meeting with Judge Waldrip to update him on all things in regards to this case. Subsequent to that, I do see more letters going out based on our continued review. My attorney and I work 7 days a week on this case to put together the story of what happened to all the funds.
    Please let me know if you have any more questions.
    Charlie


    if charlie is the  receiver then he is doing his job.. follow the money.. if money came in from you guys and went to folks that should not have gotten it there are claw back provisions but usually done in the BK case itself.. at least thats what I have seen done.  If you have gone criminal one reason folks dont do that is there is normally ZERO chance of getting paid back..  IRS criminal division is a place to go if you just want to see this person go to prison. takes years and normally these folks dont pay tax's etc.. I have seen that play out as well.
  • Redwood City, CA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Roberto,

    I have attempted to call Mr Adams and have not been successful.  Is there an email that is associated with Mr Adams and the VanGuendy issue? 

    that you in advance for your assistance,

    John

  • Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 3 votes
    3y
    Quote from @John Twomey:

    Roberto,

    I have attempted to call Mr Adams and have not been successful.  Is there an email that is associated with Mr Adams and the VanGuendy issue? 

    that you in advance for your assistance,

    John


     Hi John,

    I tried to send you his contact here but I think it's blocked and I got a notice that posting contact details is prohibited. Let me know if you see it. If not browse through this thread and you'll see it. Probably on page 1.


    Roberto

  • Redwood City, CA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Roberto,

    I think you are correct no email in the string that I an find.

    Thank you for trying.

    John

  • Member since 2021 · 18 posts · 3 votes
    3y
    Quote from @John Twomey:

    Roberto,

    I think you are correct no email in the string that I an find.

    Thank you for trying.

    John



    John,

    Actually if you click to page one of this thread you will find his email on the second post. But I'll give this a try to see if it gets through.

    charlie at tracreportingllc period and then the c.o.m. at the end. Replace the words to symbols in between resulting to an email format. I hope it make sense hiw I put it.

    Best regards 

  • Redwood City, CA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Roberto,

    Thank you got it.

    John

  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y

    I’m confident she’s drawing a massive unemployment check and receiving government welfare too. Some really needs to look into these individuals defrauding others. It seems like they always get away with it.

  • Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    BUSINESS//LOCAL BUSINESS
    San Antonio trustee wants ‘Queen of Mobile Homes’ bankruptcy case tossed

    Patrick Danner, Staff writer
    Aug. 16, 2022Updated: Aug. 16, 2022 4:26 p.m.
    2
    The trustee administering the bankruptcy estate of Chimene Van Gundy, the self-described “Queen of Mobile Homes” and “the Mobile Home Millionaire” accused of running a Ponzi scheme, has asked a judge to toss her case.

    Chapter 7 trustee Randy Osherow filed the motion to dismiss the liquidation case on grounds that Van Gundy has failed to comply with her obligations under the bankruptcy code.

    If dismissed, litigation against Van Gundy that had been paused since her April 27 bankruptcy filing would be allowed to proceed.

    Van Gundy, 46, did not appear at a creditors meeting conducted by telephone Thursday. Such meetings allow the trustee and creditors to question a debtor.

    James Wilkins, Van Gundy’s bankruptcy lawyer, told Osherow as the meeting began that she had been advised by her physician not to attend.

    “The doctor says she can’t testify right now,” Wilkins said.

    It was the second consecutive meeting she has missed, the trustee said.

    Van Gundy has said she sustained a brain injury late last year after falling and hitting her head on a concrete table at her home. She didn’t know what caused the fall, but said it has caused memory problems.

    Lawsuits

    The New Braunfels businesswoman has boasted that she earned more than $10 million buying manufactured homes on the cheap, fixing them up and flipping them. She’s been a guest on numerous podcasts and other programs to tout her investing prowess.

    But some who invested with her expecting big returns allege she reneged on principal and interest payments on the loans they made. They say she orchestrated a Ponzi scheme that collectively cost them and others at least a few million dollars.

    The Securities and Exchange Commission has been investigating.

    Various investors sued Van Gundy and her company, Outstanding Real Estate Solutions Inc., or ORES, including for fraud, civil conspiracy to defraud and breach of loan agreements.

    Van Gundy responded by filing for personal bankruptcy, putting the litigation on hold.
    “If Ms. Van Gundy’s bankruptcy is dismissed, then the multiple lawsuits pending against her can proceed in the various courts and she will not receive a discharge on her debts,” said San Antonio lawyer David Jed Williams, who represents a group that sued her and her company.

    The trustee wants the bankruptcy dismissed “without prejudice,” meaning Van Gundy could refile the case. Wilkins did not immediately respond to a request for comment Tuesday, so it couldn’t be determined if he would oppose the motion to dismiss.

    Williams said even if the bankruptcy isn’t dismissed, he expects many creditors will object to Van Gundy receiving a discharge of the debts she owes them because of the allegations of her fraudulent conduct.

    No shows

    In her bankruptcy papers, Van Gundy reported about $1.6 million in assets and almost $353,000 in liabilities. Her home, valued at $1.5 million, and two vehicles account for most of her assets. She didn’t list any financial assets. She described as “unknown” the amounts owed to more than a dozen creditors.

    Some of the lawsuits against Van Gundy and ORES were filed in Comal County, where she resides.

    Prior to the bankruptcy, Judge Dib Waldrip in Comal County appointed a receiver to take over ORES. It has not filed for bankruptcy.

    The creditors meetings haven’t been particularly enlightening for creditors wanting to know where their money went.

    At the first meeting May 26, Van Gundy told those listening roughly a hundred times that she didn’t remember, recall or know the answer when questioned.

    That meeting, also conducted by telephone, was cut short after Wilkins said Van Gundy had suffered two seizures during the proceeding.

    The meeting was reset to June 23 but it also ended early because she had a seizure, her lawyer said. The meeting was continued to July 14, but Van Gundy didn’t appear. Thursday marked the latest reset.

    “It’s really up to the (bankruptcy) judge on how he wants to proceed on it,” Osherow said.

    “Obviously, I can’t do my job if Ms. Van Gundy fails to appear.”

    Written By
    Patrick Danner
    Patrick Danner is a business reporter for the San Antonio Express-News.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.