Mid Term Rentals in Columbus

Mid Term Rentals in Columbus

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2021 · 23 posts · 29 votes

Hi Columbus investors. Anyone in the group running their properties as fully furnished mid-term rentals (outside of traveling nurse programs)? I recently received an inquiry about one of my properties from summer interns working for JPMorgan Chase and it got me thinking about what other traveling professionals outside of the healthcare industry are out there that we could market our property to. I’d love to connect with somone whose done this strategy for awhile and see how they run and advertise their mid-term rentals.

11Reply
98 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2021 · 203 posts · 247 votes
4y

It is a great idea. I had a property right near Riverside that I ran as a Airbnb that KILLED it. I considered doing a mid-term but decided against it because airbnb was similar in my eyes and outperformed what mid-term projected. 

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jonathan StyerBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 330 posts · 396 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Aileen Soriano-Pisaturo:
    Quote from @Shyd Coloma:

    Hi Columbus investors. Anyone in the group running their properties as fully furnished mid-term rentals (outside of traveling nurse programs)? I recently received an inquiry about one of my properties from summer interns working for JPMorgan Chase and it got me thinking about what other traveling professionals outside of the healthcare industry are out there that we could market our property to. I’d love to connect with somone whose done this strategy for awhile and see how they run and advertise their mid-term rentals.


     Hi Shyd, Im researching MTR in Columbus and found your post from 2 years ago.  How has your experience been in the MTR market since?


     Hi Aileen, I'd be happy to connect to discuss MTR and management here in Columbus. 

    Styer Real Estate Professionals4.941 Reviews
  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Aileen Soriano-Pisaturo:
    Quote from @Shyd Coloma:

    Hi Columbus investors. Anyone in the group running their properties as fully furnished mid-term rentals (outside of traveling nurse programs)? I recently received an inquiry about one of my properties from summer interns working for JPMorgan Chase and it got me thinking about what other traveling professionals outside of the healthcare industry are out there that we could market our property to. I’d love to connect with somone whose done this strategy for awhile and see how they run and advertise their mid-term rentals.


     Hi Shyd, Im researching MTR in Columbus and found your post from 2 years ago.  How has your experience been in the MTR market since?


     For you I'd recommend for vacation looking at stronger market than just columbus. Hocking county has a high barrier to entry. it's hocking hills very strong rental market. I just talked to an out of state builder who is going to build 10 cabins with us like 500-600 sq ft each and sell them around $350k each and they do much better. you can build and have that equity as well. Resale right now in hocking county for new builds is over $300 per square foot and in columbus it is around $240 per square foot average so very strong demand and very limited supply is best economics for an insulated opportunity. I'd stray away from MTR unless you have a great property manager. I'd talk to heart and home they do MTR. 

  • Jonathan StyerBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 330 posts · 396 votes
    1y

    Hi @Elaine Hester, my PM company manages over 100 furnished rentals all over Central Ohio, about 80% of which are MTRs. Let me know if you'd like to connect to see if your property might be a fit for MTR. 

    Styer Real Estate Professionals4.941 Reviews
  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2025 · 25 posts · 30 votes
    1y

    Thanks for posting this, Shyd. I’m exploring Columbus as a first-time investor and am really interested in MTRs. Your focus on traveling professionals caught my attention. Has that guest profile still been working well for you? 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.