Northeast Georgia · Member since 2023 · 140 posts · 170 votes
So, it's the season of Advent with Christmas around the corner. Hopefully all of your residents are feeling merry.
While Santa does need to give 24 hours notice before going down a chimney into a resident's space, does he have any plans to leave a present at your properties?
Even though we try to get to know our residents during their stay, it is probably impossible to truly personalize a gift for each of them. However, everyone's gotta eat, so we'll be giving restaurant gift cards as a "thank you".
Do y'all have any plans? (Maybe something bette rthan a gift card that i can steal...err...borrow?)
Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 5 votes
1y
I like to schedule a time to drop off a Hickory Farms gift basket before the holidays. I plan for a time when they can be there and check in and make sure there aren't any maintenance items they haven't told me about. I also have tenants set up monthly on Lolo Gifts, which costs me 1.50 per tenant per month, and sends them a little monthly treat from a local business in town. Last month it was a free pizza at a brewery, the month before a free taco from a local restaurant, the month before a free beer at a different brewery. It's a good touch point and I follow up to make sure they received it.
@Miguel Del Mazo I “gift” my residents a small discount on their January rent. This way it’s no up front out of pocket expense for me and they then have the extra money to spend as they need it.
I’ve gone back and forth on doing grocery cards, gas cards, or restaurant cards and feel the discount just works better for me.
I can’t say I came up with the idea, I saw a landlord with more units than I have post that they offered the holiday discount, bug only to their tenants who had made all their rent payments on time and in full over the course of the year.