How was your experience in vetting Cleaners and finding someone reliable when it comes to communication and also offering a good cleaning service to your place?
I am having challenges finding the right cleaner in my city. The only ones I found so far was through Taskrabbit and they're not really what I'm looking for because of the price range and communication isn't as expected!
I want to build relationship with someone who would always be available in case of an emergency or doing some extra chores
Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes
7mo
Finding a reliable cleaner takes some trial and error. I have had better success through local Facebook community groups, investor groups and referrals from other landlords rather than platforms like Taskrabbit. I usually start with a paid trial clean, set clear expectations in writing and see how they perform before committing long term.
Real Estate Broker · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 606 votes
7mo
Finding a reliable cleaner takes some trial and error. I have had better success through local Facebook community groups, investor groups and referrals from other landlords rather than platforms like Taskrabbit. I usually start with a paid trial clean, set clear expectations in writing and see how they perform before committing long term.
Property Manager · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2022 · 590 posts · 463 votes
6mo
Hey Tarek, have you connected with other hosts in your area and asked for referrals? I find that's the best way to find quality cleaners. The other way is to make sure you pay them enough =)
Hey Tarek, have you connected with other hosts in your area and asked for referrals? I find that's the best way to find quality cleaners. The other way is to make sure you pay them enough =)
Hi Allan!
Any advice or tips on most effective way to contact the other hosts? Would you contact direct through the platform? The same way potential guests would? Just wondering if that would be a turn-off or lead to a non-response. Any tips as well as how to word or phrase the query to increase credibility or not be a quick 'delete message'? Thanks!
Rental Property Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2026 · 17 posts · 13 votes
6mo
Referrals from other STR operators in your area are the best source, hands down. I've been through five or six cleaners over the last few years across my properties near Asheville and the ones that stuck came from other hosts recommending them. Turno can help you find someone but the quality is hit or miss and you're essentially doing the vetting yourself. The other thing that made a huge difference was paying above market rate. My current turnover cleaner gets $175 for a 2/2 cabin and she's worth every penny because she actually cares about the details that guests notice.
Referrals from other STR operators in your area are the best source, hands down. I've been through five or six cleaners over the last few years across my properties near Asheville and the ones that stuck came from other hosts recommending them. Turno can help you find someone but the quality is hit or miss and you're essentially doing the vetting yourself. The other thing that made a huge difference was paying above market rate. My current turnover cleaner gets $175 for a 2/2 cabin and she's worth every penny because she actually cares about the details that guests notice.
Hi Dana...Any recommendations on how to contact the other STR operators? Through their listing? Any tips on how to phrase or word the request for info without sounding crazy or like your trying to steal someone? Thx!
Rental Property Investor · Asheville, NC · Member since 2026 · 17 posts · 13 votes
6mo
Facebook groups are the move. Most tourist markets have at least one local STR host group, just search your area plus "short term rental hosts" or "vacation rental owners" and you'll probably find one. You don't even have to ask people to share their specific cleaner. Just post that you're looking for a turnover cleaner and people will either DM you names or comment with recommendations. Hosts share cleaners freely because most cleaners actually want more houses on their rotation. The only time it gets weird is if you're trying to poach someone's exclusive cleaner, but honestly most cleaners work for multiple hosts anyway so it's not really an issue.