Mid term arbitrage finder

Mid term arbitrage finder

Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 20 votes

Hey everyone,

I’ve been in the short-term rental arbitrage space for about 5 years, mainly operating Airbnb units, and I’m now looking to transition into the mid-term rental model

I’ve reached out to several apartment buildings and property managers about corporate leasing/subleasing for mid-term rentals, but so far I haven’t had much success getting approvals.

I wanted to ask :

  • Has anyone here successfully secured apartments for mid-term rental arbitrage in a major city?
  • What strategies helped you get landlords or property managers comfortable with the model?
  • Are there certain types of buildings, owners, or approaches that work better?
  • Do you lead with the business model upfront, or structure the conversation differently?

I ve thought about hiring a part time lead gen specialist or sales representative to pitch and help it since it’s not my area of expertise.

I’d appreciate insights and feedback

1Reply
220 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Virtual Assistant · Abuja, Nigeria | Remote · Member since 2026 · 75 posts · 28 votes
    4mo
  • Virtual Assistant · Abuja, Nigeria | Remote · Member since 2026 · 75 posts · 28 votes
    4mo
    Quote from @Tarek Soliman:

    Hey everyone,

    I’ve been in the short-term rental arbitrage space for about 5 years, mainly operating Airbnb units, and I’m now looking to transition into the mid-term rental model

    I’ve reached out to several apartment buildings and property managers about corporate leasing/subleasing for mid-term rentals, but so far I haven’t had much success getting approvals.

    I wanted to ask :

    • Has anyone here successfully secured apartments for mid-term rental arbitrage in a major city?
    • What strategies helped you get landlords or property managers comfortable with the model?
    • Are there certain types of buildings, owners, or approaches that work better?
    • Do you lead with the business model upfront, or structure the conversation differently?

    I ve thought about hiring a part time lead gen specialist or sales representative to pitch and help it since it’s not my area of expertise.

    I’d appreciate insights and feedback


    From STR /MTR arbitrage finder and analyzer perspective, some will likely get many nos before few yes as some land are open to arbitrage model and some don't . Have you consider changing your Strategy? Like focusing more on what landlord (s) intended to benefit like what the monthly guaranteed rent, insurance cover for property safety and property cleaning and maintenance.

  • Allen DuanPro Member
    Property Manager · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2022 · 590 posts · 463 votes
    4mo

    Hey Tarek, rental arbitrage used to be our strategy. We now do property management for STRs and MTRs. I'm in SoCal, so definitely a major city. We had two primary apartment owners we worked with.

    For one of them, it was a straight-up cold outreach approach until someone said yes. You just have to explain, with transparency, what you're doing and how it benefits them.

    The other apartment owner was a referral through a mutual friend, which definitely helped, but the same thing applies. You have to explain the benefit to them and answer their objections.

    This is true with any sales. Tell them what's in it for them. As an arbitrage operator, you need to really understand the value you provide compared to a regular tenant. Put yourself in their shoes. If you owned the property, would you rent to someone like yourself?

    Generally, I prefer to work with mom-and-pop landlords rather than big property management companies because you can connect directly with the decision maker, and they tend to be more flexible as long as it helps them accomplish their goals.

    Definitely don't lead with the business model upfront. That's a bad practice for any kind of sales or discovery call. A majority of that first conversation should be asking them about how their business is doing, what's working and not working, and what they'd like help with. Only then can you explain the benefits to them in renting their units to you.

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2022 · 26 posts · 15 votes
    4mo

    Hello Tarek, 

    I would say the rejection rate is likely a target problem, not a pitch problem. Large institutional complexes have blanket no-sublease policies at the corporate level; no pitch beats that. Per Allen, the wins are with individual owners, small self-managing landlords, and boutique PMs who have discretion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.