Should I use the rental property address for LLC's address?

Should I use the rental property address for LLC's address?

Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 2 votes

When creating an LLC for the purpose of transfering ownership of a primary residence which I am converting to a rental property should I use the rental property address for my LLC's address?

1Reply
83 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 755 votes
3y

You could use your home address. I wouldn't use a rental property address as you may not get the mail. Tenants might not pay attention, throw it away, etc. 
As @Alecia Loveless stated, you could use a UPS address to get it if you need to be anonymous but I think for most investors/landlords, it's just easier to receive it at home.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Alecia LovelessPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    Personally I have a PO Box for such things. 

  • Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Alecia Loveless:

    Personally I have a PO Box for such things. 

    The platform I am using to create an LLC says no PO Box for the LLCs mailing address.

  • Alecia LovelessPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y

    I guess when I created my last one for real estate I used my home address as the physical location and now even though I’ve tried to change it through the state website since I’ve moved that is not an option unless I drive to the state offices an hour and a half away. 

    I think that some people sign up for registered agents which is maybe $150 more per year or sign up for a box  at like a UPS Store because they list a physical address and a box number and it’s not a PO Box. 

  • Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 755 votes
    3y

    You could use your home address. I wouldn't use a rental property address as you may not get the mail. Tenants might not pay attention, throw it away, etc. 
    As @Alecia Loveless stated, you could use a UPS address to get it if you need to be anonymous but I think for most investors/landlords, it's just easier to receive it at home.

  • Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ray Hage:

    You could use your home address. I wouldn't use a rental property address as you may not get the mail. Tenants might not pay attention, throw it away, etc. 
    As @Alecia Loveless stated, you could use a UPS address to get it if you need to be anonymous but I think for most investors/landlords, it's just easier to receive it at home.

    Makes sense, basically the new place I move to although we won’t be there long so I will need to change that address when moving out to our next primary residence. 

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    If you are not living at the address and not receiving the mail, why would you?

  • Realtor · Hanover Twp, PA · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Alecia Loveless:

    Personally I have a PO Box for such things. 

    @Alecia Loveless, my state and I suspect most states require a physical address within the state when registering the LLC. You can use a PO Box as a mailing address but typically need some kind of physical address as well.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.