Deed Restriction Removal in NC

Deed Restriction Removal in NC

Sean ReganPro Member
Investor · Charlotte NC · Member since 2024 · 11 posts · 8 votes

I bought a property that has a deed restriction from 1960 that limits one dwelling per lot which may prevent me from building a new duplex.  Has anyone recently gone through the legal process of having a deed restriction removed in North Carolina, and do you have any advice?  Working with an attorney now, but just curious what your experience was like.

0Reply
60 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    5mo

    I'd be curious if you are successful, as I was under the impression you cannot remove deed restrictions. 

    7e investments53 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.