I used Rental Arbitrage to build from scratch 3 years ago..

I used Rental Arbitrage to build from scratch 3 years ago..

Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2020 · 61 posts · 92 votes

Hi Bigger pockets,

I've seen success in my personal journey with rental arbitrage. I used rental arbitrage to get into RE for the first time 3 years ago and I was able to quit my job as a fitness instructor just 1 year ago through scaling my airbnb arbitrage portfolio. I used my experience, successes and failures and a super team to build out a STR property management business and since, we have worked with investors, purchased houses and land of our own and we absolutely love what we do at our company! It's been quite the journey in short term rentals the past 3 years and unlike most, I am optimistic about the opportunity with short term rentals through arbitrage OR buying/investing. I am happy to connect or chat with anyone with short term rentals and "airbnb's"! Message me to chat!

1Reply
22 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Robin SimonBusiness Member
    Lender · Austin, TX · Member since 2022 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jake Mercer:

    Hi Bigger pockets,

    I've seen success in my personal journey with rental arbitrage. I used rental arbitrage to get into RE for the first time 3 years ago and I was able to quit my job as a fitness instructor just 1 year ago through scaling my airbnb arbitrage portfolio. I used my experience, successes and failures and a super team to build out a STR property management business and since, we have worked with investors, purchased houses and land of our own and we absolutely love what we do at our company! It's been quite the journey in short term rentals the past 3 years and unlike most, I am optimistic about the opportunity with short term rentals through arbitrage OR buying/investing. I am happy to connect or chat with anyone with short term rentals and "airbnb's"! Message me to chat!


     Congrats - any plans to transition into owner-operator status for STRs next?

  • Member since 2023 · 24 posts · 8 votes
    3y

    I have been contemplating giving my property to someone who wants to do an STR/MTR arbitrage. :) It's a 5-bedroom large house recently renovated in Atlanta, GA but currently unfurnished. I'm new to this forum so not sure if one can message me but if anyone is interested in exploring this, please feel free to hit me up.

    After reading so many threads on risks associated with arbitrage as a landlord, I may need extra assurance of downside protection if anything goes wrong in the future. Any insurance or legal documents that can safeguard from some of the common concerns members have shared in this forum?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.