My first flip that I did in the Scranton PA Area

My first flip that I did in the Scranton PA Area

Investor · Lackawanna County PA · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 25 votes

I will share now my first flip that I did in the Taylor PA Area.

It worked out great, I got a duplex with 7 Bed 2 Baths for 150K through my agent, the property was in a bad condition, full with trash, we cleaned it up, we did new siding, new kitchens, remodeled the Baths, new paint, fixed some minor plumbing and electrical,

and new flooring Total of 60K, and sold it for 280K, the profit was over 50K.

here are some pics

9Reply
61 views

Most Popular Reply

Andrew SyriosPro Member
Moderator
Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
1y

Congrats Abraham, great job!

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Lackawanna County PA · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 25 votes
    1y

    Check my profile for a few more pictures.

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    1y

    Congrats Abraham, great job!

  • Kate Daye RuaneBusiness Member
    Specialist · Scranton, PA · Member since 2019 · 61 posts · 44 votes
    1y

    Abraham, you did a great job with this place! I was super impressed and happy to bring you that buyer! 

    • Investor · Lackawanna County PA · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 25 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Kate Daye Ruane:

      Abraham, you did a great job with this place! I was super impressed and happy to bring you that buyer! 


      Yes Kate, it was a pleasure dealing with you, it was a really smooth transaction.

  • Wholesaler · Member since 2024 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    1y

    Congrats Abraham! I'm actually looking to get my first deal. Any advice going in? 

    • Investor · Lackawanna County PA · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 25 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Kevin Michel:

      Congrats Abraham! I'm actually looking to get my first deal. Any advice going in? 


       I don’t have enough of experience to advise but l could share some experience's that I went through.

      I found this deal through my agent that I had build a great relationship, and she is keeping on bringing me deals because I know what I want, and I am closing easy, so she is not working extra hard and not wasting any time.

      I a m also connected to great investor contracters that are reliable and know their job, and they know and they understand that I am not here to over remodel, I am only here to fix things that end user will appreciate.

      Another thing that I learned is, that when one take a hard money loan, for construction  he needs to make sure that he lists the right amount of money at the right item for example if the demo will cost you $6,000 make sure you write in the scope of work that it will cost $6,000, because they will only pay you when you finished with that item, I didn't know that.

      And you also need to make sure that you have some extra money to start the construction till you could take the first drawing from the hard money.

      And of course you need to make sure with your broker what the ARV will be especially when you don't have enough of experience in the area.

      Another tip that I saw in my experience in general that a contractor that will tell you that they're doing everything by themselves for instance they're doing roofing and plumbing, and electrical themselves, don't know what they're doing.

      That's for now good luck.


  • Investor · Howell, MI · Member since 2025 · 28 posts · 12 votes
    1y

    Congratulations! Don't you love seeing the transformation? How long did this flip take?

    • Investor · Lackawanna County PA · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 25 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Amanda Rechsteiner:

      Congratulations! Don't you love seeing the transformation? How long did this flip take?


       Thank you so much Amanda, I actually love seeing the transformation.

      The flip took about 5 months.

  • Investor · NEPA /NJ · Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 15 votes
    1y

    Nice job,  im offloading 4 units in Scranton; interested in taking a look?

    • Investor · Lackawanna County PA · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 25 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Alesandro Breguez:

      Nice job,  im offloading 4 units in Scranton; interested in taking a look?


       Yes, Could you share more details?

      in what zip code is it?

      what condition is it?

      how many bds and bths?

      what are you asking?
       

  • Kate Daye RuaneBusiness Member
    Specialist · Scranton, PA · Member since 2019 · 61 posts · 44 votes
    1y

    Just wanted to give an update, my buyer rented both units within 2 weeks of purchase and loves this property. Great job @Abraham Berkowitz

  • Investor · Lackawanna County PA · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 25 votes
    1y

    Thank you so much @Kate Daye Ruane for your update, I hope on doing plenty more business together.   

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.