Just bought list from US LEADS LIST. Hmmmm....

Just bought list from US LEADS LIST. Hmmmm....

Real Estate Agent · Newark, NJ · Member since 2011 · 33 posts · 27 votes

Hi all,

So This past Friday was the opening of the new "quarter" at US LEADS LIST and I decided to get my hands on this highly coveted list of names. I did a fair amount of research and although there is definitely a lot of hype about this company I am still a bit skeptical. For one, it was really expensive! 340 names cost me about $485. But I decided that I needed to take some calculated risk with my marketing budget and so in addition to my trusted absentee list I also bought this one.

First issue - there is only last names and property addresses. What if these people don't live in the home of the deceased relative, how are they going to get my letter? Has anyone had experience with this?

Big issue - My ultimate conundrum is what mailing piece to send. My yellow letter has been working so wonderfully with a healthy response rate between 10-15%. BUT everyone says you should send some special sensitive mail piece that speaks more to this type of property owner. My letter is REALLY simple and literally just says I'd like to buy your house. But it's been working with absentees. Should I move away from my trusted yellow letter... I just don't know. And if I do... to what?

What experiences have you recently had with this type of list? I'm hoping to hear from folks in my area. I've read some older forum posts about this, but I'd like to get some more recent opinions and a renewed discussion on marketing to probates can't hurt.

Any thoughts?

-Silvio

0Reply
80 views

Most Popular Reply

Jessica H.Pro Member
Flipper/Rehabber · Easton, PA · Member since 2013 · 224 posts · 36 votes
12y

Kim, what resources have you been using to generate your own lists?

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2013 · 115 posts · 76 votes
    12y

    @Silvio L. Congrats for taking some bold action. I'm sure it will pay off. I've also heard good things about the list. Unfortunately it's not available my investing area.

    My understanding is that they folks at US Leads List have a whole program laid out that has a proven track record that is included with the list. I would call them.

    Good luck and keep us posted of the results!

  • Inland Empire, CA · Member since 2012 · 63 posts · 12 votes
    12y

    I purchased from them last year to try out, you are right, they only provided name and property address. Returned mails get refunded but you have to ask for the refund. Some also were listed on the mls, got a realtor calling me from the mailing. Their script is also general, they gave you one from your purchases; the idea is to not show that you are targeting the inherited owners. It's a numbers game, I tried them, but realizeI can generate my own list. So I did. Have been doing so for a year now.

    Let know know how I can help. Good luck.

  • Jessica H.Pro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Easton, PA · Member since 2013 · 224 posts · 36 votes
    12y

    Kim, what resources have you been using to generate your own lists?

  • Inland Empire, CA · Member since 2012 · 63 posts · 12 votes
    12y

    @Jessica H. just PM you. ;-)

  • Real Estate Broker · port st lucie, FL · Member since 2009 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Kim, what resources have you been using to generate your own lists?

  • Wholesaler · Plantation, FL · Member since 2014 · 194 posts · 121 votes
    11y

    Kim I would also like to know what resources have you been using to generate your own lists?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.