Should I set up a business as a wholesaler if...?

Should I set up a business as a wholesaler if...?

Member since 2022 · 26 posts · 19 votes

I'm only planning to do wholesaling part-time to raise capital for other investment strategies that I would like to get into, but I'd seen some videos and articles, and I've gotten some advice from a few others that I should register an entity with my state and get an EIN number so I can file a tax return along with opening a business bank account for liability protection. I think it sounds great if I plan to do wholesaling full-time and long-term, but would it be a waste otherwise? 

As always, any advice is appreciated along with any constructive criticism. Thanks!

-KR

1Reply
15 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Basit SiddiqiBusiness Member
    Accountant · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 8k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y

    Get a couple of wholesale deals on your own to see if you like it and would like to continue it before going the entity route.

    No point in the upfront cost of the entity / additional paperwork if it doesn't add value / help you with your process.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.