Do I need a website to wholesale or flip houses?

Do I need a website to wholesale or flip houses?

Rental Property Investor · Member since 2021 · 423 posts · 190 votes

All answers encouraged except for Jeryll  >:-)

0Reply
42 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
4y

You don't need a website just like you don't need a nail gun to build a house. It sure helps though. If you're planning on marketing to sellers you'll never know how many of them didn't reach out to you because they looked you up online and didn't find anything. A website is a great place to tell sellers why they should do business with you and not the other dozens of people reaching out to them. 

If you say "SEO doesn't work" 3 times into the mirror Jerryll will appear and show you his leads! :)

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 137 posts · 115 votes
    4y

    If you can make a website yourself , and find some simple and cheap or free ways to host it ; Definitely make one. It adds to the validity and gives you a chance to showcase properties more than just a view from street view.

    I won't go to someone's facebook page to view their business. 

  • Memphis, TN · Member since 2022 · 230 posts · 99 votes
    4y

    @Mike Schorah

    I agree with @Sean Ross If you are able to make one yourself for a decent price go for it. It definitely will not hurt you to have a well-put-together website. 

    That being said if you are running on low resources I would definitely recommend using those resources to acquire more leads than building a website!

    Good Luck!

  • Jerry PuckettPro Member
    Wholesaler · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Mike Schorah

    Convenient, but not necessary. Without good SEO, it will be useless as a lead generator. There's very little you actually need to wholesale; but you do need to find a way to let people know who you are and what you do. Someone like @jerryll noorden could set you straight on the most effective use of a website.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2020 · 75 posts · 44 votes
    4y

    It's recommended as a reference to your potential sellers.  I have had many sellers check my website as a source of "legitimacy".  

    I would not create a website and depend on it for your leads (that is a plus), but I would have one to reference and send to your potential sellers.

  • Investor · Van Isle · Member since 2021 · 455 posts · 226 votes
    4y

    Depends on the volume of business you hope to do. Some like to work hard, others lever tools to work smart. The decision is yours.

  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 96 posts · 69 votes
    4y

    Hi @Mike Schorah I think it might help you, but not required. When I was wholesaling I don't think I ever got a deal because of the website I had. It's not something that came up when talking with Seller's about buying their home. If you had a landing page with some reviews from satisfied client's it could help you on getting internet leads for motivated Sellers, but I think the more important part of the equation is problem solving/deal closing. 

    When you meet with motivated Sellers they usually have some sort of issue that is the reason why they are selling. A quick cash offer may just be what they need to deal with whatever they have going on, but I find that it's not always going to be a solution. Some Seller's would prefer to Seller finance the deal, or have you assume their loan.

    These are just my thoughts!
     

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y

    You don't need a website just like you don't need a nail gun to build a house. It sure helps though. If you're planning on marketing to sellers you'll never know how many of them didn't reach out to you because they looked you up online and didn't find anything. A website is a great place to tell sellers why they should do business with you and not the other dozens of people reaching out to them. 

    If you say "SEO doesn't work" 3 times into the mirror Jerryll will appear and show you his leads! :)

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Mike Schorah:

    All answers encouraged except for Jeryll  >:-)

     I AM FAMOUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

    Sounds to me you just want people to tell you what you want to hear!

    Dude if you want us to hold your hand and stroke it and say "sure darlin, you don't need a website", dude just don't get one. BUT...  ANY business that doesn't have a website is a scam operation. That is how the public sees it. So the question is... do you really think you have a chance when your competitors have a credible website and you don't?

    It doesn't matter how many BP'ers agree with you. I have a saying that goes something like this:

    Even if 3000 morons agree with you doesn't mean that what you all agree on is correct... right? If anything I said is wrong.. OK. If anything I said is mere "opinion" then OK.. But what I said was not wrong, nor is it opinion. It is fact.

    So... if you want to try getting where you need to be without a website.. just go here:

    https://www.marketlikeawholesa... dude knows all there is to know about DMM!!

    Still though, no matter what marketing you are doing you need a website.

    Let me tell you a secret my man...

    the message of ANY and ALL of your marketing should never be "Hey sell me your house".. NEVER.

    The message of your marketing should always be.. "Hey visit my website".. no matter if it is DMM cold calling D4D... anything. You send them to your website! Your website has your name your face your pictures your address your phone number your reviews your testimonials, your google verification your BBB verification, ... Nothing converts better than a credible website. Period! So you can absolutely leverage any kind of marketing (as long as you do it right) as long as you send people the right message.

    So the real question is this... why NOT get a website?

    See.. I DID help you! ;)

    I know you said.. except me.. But I couldn't resit.

    HAAAA

    Seriously my man... I will help you no matter what direction you choose. :)!!

    A good question you asked BTW! 


  • Investor · MN · Member since 2022 · 21 posts · 22 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Mike Schorah:

    All answers encouraged except for Jeryll  >:-)


    Do you NEED a website to wholesale or flip houses? Nope.

    My company has dozens of websites. We put over $5,000,000 worth of spend through them every year. 
    We have multiple SEO Assets, a dedicated web dev team, the whole 9 yards. 

    Here I am telling you that you do not need one.

    A better question might be "Does having a website improve my credibility?" 

    The answer to that is a resounding yes. 

    A well copywritten website can build your trust with sellers, gives you a conversion space to push traffic towards, and has a multitude of other benefits.

    That being said, just slapping a website up without proper SEO won't generate you any leads. Slapping a website up without any optimizations for PPC will make ad spend almost useless. 

    The most important thing in my opinion? Just take action!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.