Should I send my contract to another wholesaler when JV a deal

Should I send my contract to another wholesaler when JV a deal

Member since 2022 · 8 posts · 1 vote

Recently I had another wholesaler contact me to do a JV on the deal I have. I'm new to wholesale so when the other person asked for the contract it kinda stop me from doing the deal I'm not sure if I should sent her my contract I have with the seller when doing a JV agreements I was told I should do a non exclusive agreement which will protect me if you have any tips my ears are open

1Reply
63 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
3y

If the wholesaler is assigning the contract, his potential buyers will need to see it to know what they're buying. 

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Melissa HaworthBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · The Panhandle | The Emerald Coast | Panama City Beach | Destin · Member since 2017 · 257 posts · 100 votes
    3y

    @JD Monroe thoughts?

  • Investor · Panama City Beach, FL · Member since 2014 · 129 posts · 51 votes
    3y

    I wouldn't just send the contract out to anyone who asked for it. With that said, your contract is what helps protect you from loosing the deal.

    If the other person is entering in to a JV agreement with you, they should know what the are trying to Dispo. This is also how the other person verifies you actually hold interest in the property.

    We have JV'd on the buyer side and seller side many times. You should not be JVing with anyone you don't trust, get a signed JV agreement to cover both of you, but trust is what the key factor should be.

    If a Buyer asks to see our contract, We send a redacted version and give the full version after EMD is placed and is hard.

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    Make it incentive based, whatever they sell the deal for on top of X amount is their take home. They do not need to see your contract. 

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    If the wholesaler is assigning the contract, his potential buyers will need to see it to know what they're buying. 

  • Member since 2019 · 69 posts · 62 votes
    3y

    Don't send your contract to them; all they need to know is the address, hopefully, you register it at the county so they can't go behind your back. I would create ane page JV agreement structure. and send that over to the title company

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    As someone that has purchased a contract on assignment. I would want to see the contract prior to executing the earnest money and signing the contract assignment. You would think your JV's buyer would want the same.

  • Investor · Austin TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Deon Brown:

    Recently I had another wholesaler contact me to do a JV on the deal I have. I'm new to wholesale so when the other person asked for the contract it kinda stop me from doing the deal I'm not sure if I should sent her my contract I have with the seller when doing a JV agreements I was told I should do a non exclusive agreement which will protect me if you have any tips my ears are open


    My advice is to try and find a buyer on your own first. Unfortunately there are a lot of wholesalers who dont want to do the work of finding their own deals so they look for those who have done the work and try to JV. I am all for an equal JV partnership where both parties are bringing value. If another wholesaler has a strong buyers list, then it makes complete sense to partner with them and get your deal sold. It does NOT make sense to JV with someone who is just going to market your deal in the same places that you would market it. Why give up 50% of your fee to someone who isn't doing anything you cant do for yourself. I see lots of newbies get their first deal under contract and immediately panic. In that panic they are lured by the promises of someone else finding them a buyer and they agree to JV only to have their JV partner market the deal in all the same places they would've posted it. So my advice is to try and find your own buyer and keep all your fee for yourself.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.