I am in the Tampa Bay area and wanted to reach out to other wholesalers and investors. I also was wondering what neighborhoods are best to look into when looking for distressed properties, specifically ones that investors tend to working in already.
Lender · Winter Park, FL · Member since 2021 · 737 posts · 412 votes
3y
33617,33603 are two popular zip codes for our investors in the Tampa area. Pinpointing specific neighborhoods can be difficult and might limit your search options
33617,33603 are two popular zip codes for our investors in the Tampa area. Pinpointing specific neighborhoods can be difficult and might limit your search options
Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 679 posts · 288 votes
3y
Hello Kaylan Haight in Tampa, you should learn how to do a Search with Zillow and start with Land, then Towhomes, Apartments, Houses to really see what the price of a lot is and add on the New Construction Cost of similar square footage. Don't go by Zip Code, but, look at all properties in Hillsborough County and branch out from there to the whole State of Florida. That's the only way to really see what has any value and if you have enough Money to actually make an offer. Are you aware of the current Home Owner's Insurance debacle in Florida and the new laws? Have you seen the people who owned homes in Ft. Myers and had Flood and Home Owners Insurance and neither one of those companies has paid for the replacement of their totally destroyed properties? Flood says it was Wind Damage and Home Owners says it was Water Damage!
My homes, more dated than distressed, are within one mile of the gulf coast in Pinellas County, zips 34698 and 34683, and not in a flood zone like Michael's pals. From the numerous investor buyer solicitations, I think they're in popular locations.
Lower price points that make good LTR’s or PatSplits can be found in east and north Tampa proper (city of Tampa limits) in zip codes such as 33604, 33605 and 33610. When going outside of city limits, look just north in 33612… lots of cash transactions there, meaning flippers are buying and selling. DM me and I can put you in touch with a reputable wholesaler who gets deals in these areas.
Investor · Member since 2020 · 67 posts · 28 votes
3y
Somebody earlier stated close to the Gulf in Pinellas County. This is my favorite area to invest. 33770 is Belleair and really gotten updated this past few years. Indian Rocks Beach is a secret gem of a beach. Clearwater to the north, and St Pete to the south. I would love to help you over here if you are interested in a deal over here.
Somebody earlier stated close to the Gulf in Pinellas County. This is my favorite area to invest. 33770 is Belleair and really gotten updated this past few years. Indian Rocks Beach is a secret gem of a beach. Clearwater to the north, and St Pete to the south. I would love to help you over here if you are interested in a deal over here.
Branden, until I cash out or sell a home, I'm stuck in owner finance, sub. to, etc. deals. I tend toward unincorporated areas from Ozona to Seminole, under 1500 sq. ft., with multiple garage or carport spaces, close to the water, but not the typical high barrier island prices. I remember a bank declining my bid on a Belleair home a few years ago, only to sell it for 5% less a few weeks later. I was also outbid on an IRB intracoastal with dock home in a tax deed sale. Jim