Astro Flipping Jamil Damji

Astro Flipping Jamil Damji

Investor · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2019 · 18 posts · 11 votes

Hi Everyone!

I'm checking out Jamil Damji's Astro Flipping coaching program. Anyone have experience with it or opinions?

I currently live outside the US and am planning to move back in a few years. I was waiting to start real estate investing until I'm back stateside but was listening to the BP podcast and heard an ad for Astro Flipping and started wondering if maybe I could wholesale while living abroad. Any input from experienced wholesalers is much appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

Sherrie Tullsen-Chin

0Reply
113 views

Most Popular Reply

Accountant · Lancaster, CA · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 3 votes
2y

I've gotten more interested in learning wholesaling lately, thanks to Jamil's passionate promotion of the strategy on the On the Market podcast. I am planning to read his new BP book on wholesaling to better decide if it's really a good path for me to pursue, and then I may consider this program, too, (especially after Jennifer and Gordon's endorsements). 

Thanks for this post that brought the program to my attention.

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 569 posts · 351 votes
    3y

    @Sherrie Tullsen-Chin I don't know Jamil Damji's Astro Flipping coaching program, but they're all similar. The real estate market is constantly shifting, and most coaching programs are outdated. You find here on BP tonnes of free RE advice; please save your money for investing in RE. Wholesaling is one of the most challenging ways to start your carrier in real estate; over 90% fail within the first year. Besides the failure rate, wholesaling is legal when done right, but most programs teach you to practice real estate without a license which can get you in trouble. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 569 posts · 351 votes
    3y

    if you're a few years out before starting in the US with RE Investing, the best thing you can do is work on your credit and safe money and start establishing business credit with banks and credit unions here in the US

    enjoy Panama, and good luck

  • Investor · Toledo · Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Sherrie Tullsen-Chin:

    Hi Everyone!

    I'm checking out Jamil Damji's Astro Flipping coaching program. Anyone have experience with it or opinions?

    I currently live outside the US and am planning to move back in a few years. I was waiting to start real estate investing until I'm back stateside but was listening to the BP podcast and heard an ad for Astro Flipping and started wondering if maybe I could wholesale while living abroad. Any input from experienced wholesalers is much appreciated.

    Thanks a bunch!

    Sherrie Tullsen-Chin


  • Investor · Toledo · Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    3y

    Hey Sherrie,

    I don't know about any other mentor, but Jamil Damji has been the best mentor I could have ever been blessed with. It is amazing to be part of such a great community, as Astro. If you have any questions, or want to work together let me know. 

  • Accountant · Lancaster, CA · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    I've gotten more interested in learning wholesaling lately, thanks to Jamil's passionate promotion of the strategy on the On the Market podcast. I am planning to read his new BP book on wholesaling to better decide if it's really a good path for me to pursue, and then I may consider this program, too, (especially after Jennifer and Gordon's endorsements). 

    Thanks for this post that brought the program to my attention.

  • Investor · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2019 · 18 posts · 11 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jennifer McDonald:

    Hey Sherrie,

    I don't know about any other mentor, but Jamil Damji has been the best mentor I could have ever been blessed with. It is amazing to be part of such a great community, as Astro. If you have any questions, or want to work together let me know. 


     Thanks for sharing your experience Jennifer!

  • Investor · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2019 · 18 posts · 11 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Kai Kopsch:

    @Sherrie Tullsen-Chin I don't know Jamil Damji's Astro Flipping coaching program, but they're all similar. The real estate market is constantly shifting, and most coaching programs are outdated. You find here on BP tonnes of free RE advice; please save your money for investing in RE. Wholesaling is one of the most challenging ways to start your carrier in real estate; over 90% fail within the first year. Besides the failure rate, wholesaling is legal when done right, but most programs teach you to practice real estate without a license which can get you in trouble. 

    All valid points and why I'm hesitant Kai. The free advice on BP is great but often conflicting as everyone's situation is different. I think there's little to help folks like myself starting with little capital who want a more realistic path in than save $100k and then get started. That advice isn't feasible for everyone and not everyone wants to wait 5 or 10 years until they save $100k to get started, nor should they have to. But I appreciate that those who have found their footing in real estate and are doing it successfully want us newbies to understand it takes work and at least some capital. There are no easy fixes.
  • Real Estate Broker · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2016 · 569 posts · 351 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Sherrie Tullsen-Chin:
    Quote from @Kai Kopsch:

    @Sherrie Tullsen-Chin I don't know Jamil Damji's Astro Flipping coaching program, but they're all similar. The real estate market is constantly shifting, and most coaching programs are outdated. You find here on BP tonnes of free RE advice; please save your money for investing in RE. Wholesaling is one of the most challenging ways to start your carrier in real estate; over 90% fail within the first year. Besides the failure rate, wholesaling is legal when done right, but most programs teach you to practice real estate without a license which can get you in trouble. 

    All valid points and why I'm hesitant Kai. The free advice on BP is great but often conflicting as everyone's situation is different. I think there's little to help folks like myself starting with little capital who want a more realistic path in than save $100k and then get started. That advice isn't feasible for everyone and not everyone wants to wait 5 or 10 years until they save $100k to get started, nor should they have to. But I appreciate that those who have found their footing in real estate and are doing it successfully want us newbies to understand it takes work and at least some capital. There are no easy fixes.

    The best way to get started in REI is but treating it like a business, and you don't need 100K to start. Most start by analyzing deals and forget the fundamentals of every business, like getting a Tax ID, bank account later, Business Credit cards, and lines of credit. Setup all business tools like a CRM, MLS access or RE software suites a webpage digital business cards a Facebook business account. Even with very little cash on hand, you can get creative financing; for example, I did my first flip renovation with a new business Credit card one year with 0.00% APR, paid everything back after the sale, and got points and signup bonuses. What counts most in RE are relationships, and this is as easy as going to RE meetups and adding every day just 1 new contact in your CRM, and following up every other month.

  • Lender · Riverside, CA · Member since 2017 · 248 posts · 98 votes
    2y

    @Gordon Olson Thank you! This is the most thorough review and feedback I've seen!

  • Investor · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2019 · 18 posts · 11 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Kai Kopsch:
    Quote from @Sherrie Tullsen-Chin:
    Quote from @Kai Kopsch:

    @Sherrie Tullsen-Chin I don't know Jamil Damji's Astro Flipping coaching program, but they're all similar. The real estate market is constantly shifting, and most coaching programs are outdated. You find here on BP tonnes of free RE advice; please save your money for investing in RE. Wholesaling is one of the most challenging ways to start your carrier in real estate; over 90% fail within the first year. Besides the failure rate, wholesaling is legal when done right, but most programs teach you to practice real estate without a license which can get you in trouble. 

    All valid points and why I'm hesitant Kai. The free advice on BP is great but often conflicting as everyone's situation is different. I think there's little to help folks like myself starting with little capital who want a more realistic path in than save $100k and then get started. That advice isn't feasible for everyone and not everyone wants to wait 5 or 10 years until they save $100k to get started, nor should they have to. But I appreciate that those who have found their footing in real estate and are doing it successfully want us newbies to understand it takes work and at least some capital. There are no easy fixes.

    The best way to get started in REI is but treating it like a business, and you don't need 100K to start. Most start by analyzing deals and forget the fundamentals of every business, like getting a Tax ID, bank account later, Business Credit cards, and lines of credit. Setup all business tools like a CRM, MLS access or RE software suites a webpage digital business cards a Facebook business account. Even with very little cash on hand, you can get creative financing; for example, I did my first flip renovation with a new business Credit card one year with 0.00% APR, paid everything back after the sale, and got points and signup bonuses. What counts most in RE are relationships, and this is as easy as going to RE meetups and adding every day just 1 new contact in your CRM, and following up every other month.


     That is gutsy Kai and I admire your willingness to take risks to get started. I have thought about using a credit card or line of credit but if the deal goes south...ouch. Better make sure it's a good deal and get lots of feedback from more experienced investors before you go for it. Good for you just getting started with your first flip that way. Of course markets change and the chances of a profitable flip have changed as well. Thanks for the ideas!

  • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Kai Kopsch:
    Quote from @Sherrie Tullsen-Chin:
    Quote from @Kai Kopsch:

    @Sherrie Tullsen-Chin I don't know Jamil Damji's Astro Flipping coaching program, but they're all similar. The real estate market is constantly shifting, and most coaching programs are outdated. You find here on BP tonnes of free RE advice; please save your money for investing in RE. Wholesaling is one of the most challenging ways to start your carrier in real estate; over 90% fail within the first year. Besides the failure rate, wholesaling is legal when done right, but most programs teach you to practice real estate without a license which can get you in trouble. 

    All valid points and why I'm hesitant Kai. The free advice on BP is great but often conflicting as everyone's situation is different. I think there's little to help folks like myself starting with little capital who want a more realistic path in than save $100k and then get started. That advice isn't feasible for everyone and not everyone wants to wait 5 or 10 years until they save $100k to get started, nor should they have to. But I appreciate that those who have found their footing in real estate and are doing it successfully want us newbies to understand it takes work and at least some capital. There are no easy fixes.

    The best way to get started in REI is but treating it like a business, and you don't need 100K to start. Most start by analyzing deals and forget the fundamentals of every business, like getting a Tax ID, bank account later, Business Credit cards, and lines of credit. Setup all business tools like a CRM, MLS access or RE software suites a webpage digital business cards a Facebook business account. Even with very little cash on hand, you can get creative financing; for example, I did my first flip renovation with a new business Credit card one year with 0.00% APR, paid everything back after the sale, and got points and signup bonuses. What counts most in RE are relationships, and this is as easy as going to RE meetups and adding every day just 1 new contact in your CRM, and following up every other month.


     Kai,

    I would applaud your idea that RE is relationship. All business is relationship. However, your unfortunate ultra conservative approach may work, but it won't work for all. There are ways for the smart, savoy, and willing to educate themselves fast, folks who want to build wealth in real estate to do it now and rather quickly as compared to most other industries. Provide some hope in your comments, rather than a longer and more fearful path.

    John

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.