Chino, CA · Member since 2013 · 62 posts · 7 votes
Hello everyone Abel Vazquez here. I am excited I'm will hopefully partnering up with some one to begin doing wholesale deals hopefully within the next few months. Any tips from any one who has done these kind of deals or is currently doing them. Aside from all the Bp advice we already have here. What were some of your personal experiences? what helped? what didn't help?
Be Patient...success will definitely not come overnight. You may fail a few times before you find it.
It's not as difficult as they say it is but not as easy either. You will only know if you try it yourself.
Don't be afraid to get creative and do differently once you understand how things are.
Marketing and people skills are key!
The best way to learn is from those who have done it and are doing it and experience. You can watch and read all you want but never see results until you take massive action.
Be Patient...success will definitely not come overnight. You may fail a few times before you find it.
It's not as difficult as they say it is but not as easy either. You will only know if you try it yourself.
Don't be afraid to get creative and do differently once you understand how things are.
Marketing and people skills are key!
The best way to learn is from those who have done it and are doing it and experience. You can watch and read all you want but never see results until you take massive action.
Flipper/Rehabber · Columbus, OH · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 655 votes
12y
Answer all your own calls or send to voicemail and call back every missed call. This is the most uncomfortable part starting out but you will learn the most doing it yourself.
You're going to be nervous and stumble over your words at first, but the more you do it, the easier it gets!
Real Estate Investor · Upper Marlboro, MD · Member since 2008 · 289 posts · 80 votes
12y
@Abel Vazquez
Learn how to play the game, then master the game. Wholesaling is simple, but not easy. It requires relentless work, energy, effort and perserverance to be sucessfull. You must become a master at marketing. I hope this helps..
Chino, CA · Member since 2013 · 62 posts · 7 votes
12y
Thank you for your advice @Jeffcoga I am in the learning process of marketing and persuading. I am currently working with a group of investors on the contract for deed doing calls to sellers a great way to get hands on experience talking to sellers. I watched your video it sounds like you guys had a blast thereI guess you live and you learn you take your lick and move forward.
Thank you for your advice @Jeffcoga I am in the learning process of marketing and persuading. I am currently working with a group of investors on the contract for deed doing calls to sellers a great way to get hands on experience talking to sellers. I watched your video it sounds like you guys had a blast thereI guess you live and you learn you take your lick and move forward.
Every business you'll deal with B.S. (I run 3 different businesses and they all have its own fecal matter! HA!!!)
If you want to learn persuasion... learn NLP. For marketing start with Dan Kennedy. If you want to learn from more of a new school guy... Look up Jordan Belfort (Mr. Wolf of Wall-streets) course... it's called straight line persuasion. I did this class several years ago and it was the baddest thing... not to mention he has a movie out now.
Wholesaler · Garland, TX · Member since 2013 · 4 posts · 4 votes
12y
Abel,
Glad you are venturing into the wholesale business.
The biggest thing is to establish credibility by being true to your word and to what you are marketing. I would recommend before ever pushing properties out to potential buyers MAKE SURE you know what your sending.
A lot of beginning wholesalers I've run into work their deals on an adjustable spreadsheet. They really want to make a so called "deal" happen to make money. Don't fall into the trap! The adjustable spreadsheet syndrome is why people come to hate wholesalers. Keep marketing and find a true deal. Then flip it out and make a ton of money on it.
Also Partner with an active flipper in your area. Take him out to lunch learn what he wants and learn how he calculates repairs cost. This will get you a real buyer and also helps you learn the business.