Lower profit margins when wholesaling in lower ARV areas?

Lower profit margins when wholesaling in lower ARV areas?

Member since 2023 · 60 posts · 28 votes

Hi, I am debating wether to focus my marketing onto Detroit at the moment. The ARV in the area is lower around 100k so my concern is that if I get a wholesale deal in Detroit my profit margins will be much lower due to the already low price of housing in this market. I could get at maximum a 10k contract in Detroit but in Georgia I am able to get 20-30k assignment fee's as the average ARV is higher so there is more wiggle room for negotiations.

Wondering if anyone has experienced this and if lower ARV areas = lower assignment fee's per contract

0Reply
20 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Title Representative · Irvine, CA · Member since 2017 · 874 posts · 519 votes
    3y

    Yes

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    You should focus on areas that you are within an hour drive from. Wholesalers who wholesale in markets they are not familiar with get their ARV, rehab, and numbers off. Single family is not just a numbers game where you can use propstream to determine ARV and price per sqft to estimate rehab.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.