My lead generation sucks, I need help

My lead generation sucks, I need help

Wholesaler · Columbia, SC · Member since 2023 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello BP fam, I hope everyone is well.

To keep a long story short, I'm struggling getting a consistent steady stream of deals coming in. I have tried many different strategies to find potential investment properties, but they seem to have their faults.

Driving for Dollars- Everyone mentions this is a beginners best friend. Driving around and finding distressed properties is how to get the best list of the most motivated sellers, and is one of the least competitive lists to target. All it takes is time, and starting out you have plenty of it. It sounds perfect, but there are a few things about scaling it:

1) There is a set amount of properties to work with. There are only so many ugly houses in one area before you start running into the same ones. If I drove around and covered my entire service area once, why would I do it again unless 5 years has passed? 

2) It takes forever to find houses. I average finding about 100 houses/12 hours of driving. Sometimes I have really good days where I find 30 houses in an hour or I drive around for 3 hours and find only 5. I've tried automating this and hiring out, which seemed like it could have been promising.


Pulling Lists- I've tried pulling lists before, but it seems like everyone is targeting the same lists. Probate, tax liens, pre-foreclosure, expired listings, etc. In the past, I've pulled lists of thousands of properties, and had them skip traced, specifically through Propstream, and most of the information came back with wrong numbers and other wrong information, like 60% of it. My cold caller even said it was the worst data he's ever seen in 3 years. I feel like I must have done something wrong and want to try again.

Is it Propstream as the skiptracer that's the problem? With the wrong skiptracing info from Propstream, I'm wondering how accurate all the info on Propstream is in general now. Or, is this even more of a numbers game than I'm thinking and really need to call 10,000 leads to get one deal. I just got Batchleads and will use them for information and skiptracing to see if that might be better.

Online Ads- I've used online ads in the past as well, and I used to feel like this could be the most useful lead generation technique as everything is inbound. People clicked your ad because they want to sell their house for cash, they're already interested. No list building, no cold outreach, just warm leads, this sounds perfect. Except it's expensive. I know it will pay for itself, and then some, but I need to know it'll work.

In the past when I did this, I created about 10 different ads on facebook and connected the ads to a cash offer form on my website, ran them, found the best preforming one and scaled it and deleted the others. I spent $140 in one week, $20/day. I got about 120 people total to my cash offer form and not single person filled it out. These people clicked on an ad with a picture of an ugly house and said "Does your house look like this? We'll buy it!" and didn't fill out the cash offer form. I was so confused, so I stopped the campaign. 

I looked into Google PPC ads and Performance max ads, but after spending hours creating my ad, it was going to cost about $65/day to be competitive in my area. I am working with a limited budget, around $800/month, until I get my first deal. I'm a bartender, so I could increase my budget by picking up a few extra shifts a month, but this will cost time. 

I guess I just need some guidance. I'm looking for a lead generation technique that will land me my first deal and is scalable. What am I doing wrong, what could I do better, what are some things I could try?

1Reply
339 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · NC · Member since 2022 · 14 posts · 18 votes
2y

We built our business solely off of cold calling Driving For Dollars leads using Deal Machine. We only stopped doing that last year because we were tired of driving for nearly 4 years straight lol. 

But it works. I am living proof. The problem is not your data, the problem is your marketing efforts. Anyone can pull a list or drive for a list, hit it one time, and consider it "exhausted." But the truth is that the data is nowhere near exhausted. You just don't have the proper insight into your data to determine how to get in touch with your prospects. 

We still cold call for 100% of our deals today, and will do about $1M in assignment fees this year. 100% of our deals come from manually pulling our own data. And I'd venture to say that 90-95% of all those deals would qualify as great Driving For Dollars leads based on their physically distressed appearance. 

For those who tell you the only way to wholesale today is to do it with PPC, I would say that's highly incorrect. Sellers don't need to find you first. If you master the ability of finding sellers faster than your competitors when their problems arise, you will consistently win deals. 

See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Joe S.:

    How would somebody find help running a Facebook campaign? 


     Joe, dude, that is a struggle.

    Many people offer facebook ads, but I honestly have not met anyone to do it how it should be done.

    So let me try to help at least vet potential companies offering FB ads.

    The structure of a Facebook ad is as follows.

    You have the ad Angle (or copy), which is the text of the ad, you have the creative, which is the media (pictures gis videos), and you have the audience, which is the kind of people the ad will be shown to.

    So here is one Ad SET:

    You can see my angle (which is an ad copy I wrote which I called "$360K", you can see I have 5 creatives (pictures in this case, picture 1, picture 25, picture 50, picture 53 and picture 59) and I have an audience that is blurred as this is a trade secret.

    Clicking on this ad SET you will see the actual ad, where you can see all the pictures associated with that specific ad set.

    Imagine you have 30 audiences, 5 creatives and 3 angles.

    What Facebook does is :

    Takes Ange 1 + Creative 1 + Audience 1 and launches it. At the same time :

    Ange 1 + Creative 1 + Audience 2

    Ange 1 + Creative 1 + Audience 3

    All the way to : Ange 1 + Creative 1 + Audience 30

    THEN:

    It starts over but this time

    Ange 2 + Creative 1 + Audience 1

    Ange 2 + Creative 1 + Audience 2

    Ange 2 + Creative 1 + Audience 3
    All the way till: Ange 2 + Creative 1 + Audience 30

    It keeps going until all possible combinations are reached.

    Facebook launches ALL of them at the same time and then sees what best combination works.

    You take that winning combination, cut all the other ones and start duplicating the winning one.

    So now you know exactly what combination of Angle, creative, and audience is the winning one. And you can scale from there.


    It is just hard to find a company that does it right because no one shares how they do it. So what you need to do to vet the right company you ask them questions like, how do they plan to scale, and when do they cut the ads that don't seem to work.

    There are specific answers to those questions to vet and see if they truly know what they are doing.

    And that is how you find the right company. You just have to vet them hard.












  • Investor · Santa Barbara · Member since 2022 · 28 posts · 12 votes
    2y

    Christian, 

    Stay patient and pick one and go all in... All lead generation works. In the beginning for me it was skill that needed improvement. I.e sales skills and assuming the close. One of my friends said he just shifted his perspective and deals started flowing to him. That's been working for us thus far.

    Best, 

    Carlos

  • Jose JacobPro Member
    Investor · 11040 · Member since 2019 · 186 posts · 111 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:
    Quote from @Joe S.:

    How would somebody find help running a Facebook campaign? 


     Joe, dude, that is a struggle.

    Many people offer facebook ads, but I honestly have not met anyone to do it how it should be done.

    So let me try to help at least vet potential companies offering FB ads.

    The structure of a Facebook ad is as follows.

    You have the ad Angle (or copy), which is the text of the ad, you have the creative, which is the media (pictures gis videos), and you have the audience, which is the kind of people the ad will be shown to.

    So here is one Ad SET:

    You can see my angle (which is an ad copy I wrote which I called "$360K", you can see I have 5 creatives (pictures in this case, picture 1, picture 25, picture 50, picture 53 and picture 59) and I have an audience that is blurred as this is a trade secret.

    Clicking on this ad SET you will see the actual ad, where you can see all the pictures associated with that specific ad set.

    Imagine you have 30 audiences, 5 creatives and 3 angles.

    What Facebook does is :

    Takes Ange 1 + Creative 1 + Audience 1 and launches it. At the same time :

    Ange 1 + Creative 1 + Audience 2

    Ange 1 + Creative 1 + Audience 3

    All the way to : Ange 1 + Creative 1 + Audience 30

    THEN:

    It starts over but this time

    Ange 2 + Creative 1 + Audience 1

    Ange 2 + Creative 1 + Audience 2

    Ange 2 + Creative 1 + Audience 3
    All the way till: Ange 2 + Creative 1 + Audience 30

    It keeps going until all possible combinations are reached.

    Facebook launches ALL of them at the same time and then sees what best combination works.

    You take that winning combination, cut all the other ones and start duplicating the winning one.

    So now you know exactly what combination of Angle, creative, and audience is the winning one. And you can scale from there.


    It is just hard to find a company that does it right because no one shares how they do it. So what you need to do to vet the right company you ask them questions like, how do they plan to scale, and when do they cut the ads that don't seem to work.

    There are specific answers to those questions to vet and see if they truly know what they are doing.

    And that is how you find the right company. You just have to vet them hard.













     Jerryll is an extremely brilliant NASA scientist.  He knows what he is talking about.  Moreover that he has a genuine heart to help people.  I know him personally for over a year. Very clever dude.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jose Jacob:
    Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:
    Quote from @Joe S.:

    How would somebody find help running a Facebook campaign? 


     Joe, dude, that is a struggle.

    Many people offer facebook ads, but I honestly have not met anyone to do it how it should be done.

    So let me try to help at least vet potential companies offering FB ads.

    The structure of a Facebook ad is as follows.

    You have the ad Angle (or copy), which is the text of the ad, you have the creative, which is the media (pictures gis videos), and you have the audience, which is the kind of people the ad will be shown to.

    So here is one Ad SET:

    You can see my angle (which is an ad copy I wrote which I called "$360K", you can see I have 5 creatives (pictures in this case, picture 1, picture 25, picture 50, picture 53 and picture 59) and I have an audience that is blurred as this is a trade secret.

    Clicking on this ad SET you will see the actual ad, where you can see all the pictures associated with that specific ad set.

    Imagine you have 30 audiences, 5 creatives and 3 angles.

    What Facebook does is :

    Takes Ange 1 + Creative 1 + Audience 1 and launches it. At the same time :

    Ange 1 + Creative 1 + Audience 2

    Ange 1 + Creative 1 + Audience 3

    All the way to : Ange 1 + Creative 1 + Audience 30

    THEN:

    It starts over but this time

    Ange 2 + Creative 1 + Audience 1

    Ange 2 + Creative 1 + Audience 2

    Ange 2 + Creative 1 + Audience 3
    All the way till: Ange 2 + Creative 1 + Audience 30

    It keeps going until all possible combinations are reached.

    Facebook launches ALL of them at the same time and then sees what best combination works.

    You take that winning combination, cut all the other ones and start duplicating the winning one.

    So now you know exactly what combination of Angle, creative, and audience is the winning one. And you can scale from there.


    It is just hard to find a company that does it right because no one shares how they do it. So what you need to do to vet the right company you ask them questions like, how do they plan to scale, and when do they cut the ads that don't seem to work.

    There are specific answers to those questions to vet and see if they truly know what they are doing.

    And that is how you find the right company. You just have to vet them hard.













     Jerryll is an extremely brilliant NASA scientist.  He knows what he is talking about.  Moreover that he has a genuine heart to help people.  I know him personally for over a year. Very clever dude.


     HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY Dide thank you man.   

    Why doesn't BP have heart emoticons?!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Carlos Ramirez:

    Christian, 

    Stay patient and pick one and go all in... All lead generation works. In the beginning for me it was skill that needed improvement. I.e sales skills and assuming the close. One of my friends said he just shifted his perspective and deals started flowing to him. That's been working for us thus far.

    Best, 

    Carlos

     This is factually incorrect and I can prove it, using a Mathematical method called Proof Theory. Look it up. There is an actual entire department of mathematics called Proof Theory.

    Proof theory is where you can take theories, concepts, and statements, and treat them as actual mathematical objects. You can add them subtract them use conditional logic.. truly fascinating and a POWERFUL tool to master.

    Imagine you are in a city, and one investor is in that city, and the rest are homeowners.

    Let's make an assumption that DMM actually works (it truly doesn't, but let's assume it does).

    If one investor sends everyone mailers, great!

    Now other investors in different cities see his success and want a part of it. So they too start sending mailers. First investor 1 gets all the motivated sellers. Then .. now, he needs to split them. The more and more investors come in his market the more he has to share/split the leads.

    What does this prove?

    The effectiveness of his "pick one strategy", doesn't depend on JUST the strategy chosen. It also depends on market saturation.

    So in other words, you CAN NOT say "all lead generation works", when the effectiveness of that strategy chosen depends on factors outside of the scope of that strategy. Not because DMM worked in a town in the middle of nowhere does it mean  "ok so that means it should also work in downtown LA". 

    Now remember this is logical proof. Opinion has nothing to do with it. You can tell others all you want, you can give advice all you want.  According to math, the advice is wrong.

    Now, this is assuming DMM works. Even with this HUGE assumption that DMM works, your advice is still wrong.

    Now consider this next:  Now I will show you proof through DATA or experimentation.

    If all lead generation "works" why are so many people struggling? 

    Raise your hand, everyone, how many of you just picked one, stuck with it, and are not millionaires? Sure I am sure there are a few. But if you could be actually honest, we all know very well that the sheer majority of people doing this are not successful!

    Next, Consider This!

    If a doctor came up with a new treatment to eradicate the common cold and out of 3000 people 2999 died and 1 person was cured, would you conclude the treatment worked? That is a 0.033% success rate. Seriously?

    No right?

    Then why using the EXACT same numbers just a different subject, and suddenly you all say "Hey to works"?!?!!

    Guys everyone. I am not here to be a punk.

    I am here to show you that the reason so many of you fail is because you think like this.

    Stop acting like you don't have the capabilities to think analytically.

    You all think and advise others based on sheer randomness, emotion, and the way the wind blows. You think, or feel like something works, dress it up as fact, and sell it to others.

    Stop doing that. That is exactly why you fail.

    Nothing I have mentioned here is opinion. It is numbers. I am factually right. Stop seeing what you want to see. Stop following others because you WANT their advice to be right.

    I don't doubt your friend had success, you even may have had success. 

    But you can't take 0.033% of the results of an experiment that sway one way, and ignore the other 96.67% that sway the OTHER way and selectively pick the 0.033% as the winner and ignore the 96.67% just because you like that outcome.

    That's ridiculous!! Completely incomprehensible to me that so many of you risk your entire businesses on that notion. 

    I don't get it.

    Peace!

  • Investor · Santa Barbara · Member since 2022 · 28 posts · 12 votes
    2y

    Jerryll,

    While your critique of the advice to "pick one lead generation method and go all in" is valid, there are several pieces of evidence and expert opinions that support the effectiveness of focusing on a single lead generation strategy. Here are some key points and stats to consider:

    1. Sales Performance Improvement:
      • According to the Sales Benchmark Index, sales reps who concentrate on mastering a single lead generation tactic can see a significant performance increase. Their study found that focusing on a single tactic can lead to a 21% increase in sales productivity​ (Zendesk)​.
    2. ROI from Consistency:
      • MarketingSherpa's Email Marketing Benchmark Report highlights that consistency in lead generation efforts yields higher returns. Consistent application of a single lead generation method, such as email marketing, can lead to more predictable and higher ROI​ (Zendesk)​.
    3. Inbound Marketing Success:
      • HubSpot reports that inbound marketing, when executed consistently, generates 54% more leads than traditional outbound methods. This shows the power of committing to one effective strategy and refining it over time​ (Zendesk)​.
    4. Referral and Repeat Business:
      • The National Association of Realtors found that referrals and repeat business can lead to a 40% higher transaction volume. This suggests that focusing on building a strong referral network as a primary lead generation method can be highly effective​ (Zendesk)​.
    5. Real Estate Direct Mail:
      • Direct mail has been shown to be effective in certain markets. For instance, real estate investors in New York City have seen up to a 15% year-over-year growth using direct mail campaigns, highlighting the potential success of committing to this method​ (GTMnow)​.
    6. Psychological Principles:
      • Dr. Robert Cialdini's principle of consistency explains that people who commit to a single course of action are more likely to follow through with it. This psychological principle supports the idea that focusing on one lead generation strategy can lead to more consistent and reliable results over time​ (GTMnow)​.

    In conclusion, while market saturation and external factors do play a role in the effectiveness of a lead generation strategy, the evidence shows that consistency and focus on one method can lead to significant success. By committing to a single strategy, refining it, and ensuring consistent application, businesses can often see better results than by spreading efforts too thinly across multiple tactics.

    Best, Carlos

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Carlos Ramirez:

    Jerryll,

    While your critique of the advice to "pick one lead generation method and go all in" is valid, there are several pieces of evidence and expert opinions that support the effectiveness of focusing on a single lead generation strategy. Here are some key points and stats to consider:

    1. Sales Performance Improvement:
      • According to the Sales Benchmark Index, sales reps who concentrate on mastering a single lead generation tactic can see a significant performance increase. Their study found that focusing on a single tactic can lead to a 21% increase in sales productivity​ (Zendesk)​.
    2. ROI from Consistency:
      • MarketingSherpa's Email Marketing Benchmark Report highlights that consistency in lead generation efforts yields higher returns. Consistent application of a single lead generation method, such as email marketing, can lead to more predictable and higher ROI​ (Zendesk)​.
    3. Inbound Marketing Success:
      • HubSpot reports that inbound marketing, when executed consistently, generates 54% more leads than traditional outbound methods. This shows the power of committing to one effective strategy and refining it over time​ (Zendesk)​.
    4. Referral and Repeat Business:
      • The National Association of Realtors found that referrals and repeat business can lead to a 40% higher transaction volume. This suggests that focusing on building a strong referral network as a primary lead generation method can be highly effective​ (Zendesk)​.
    5. Real Estate Direct Mail:
      • Direct mail has been shown to be effective in certain markets. For instance, real estate investors in New York City have seen up to a 15% year-over-year growth using direct mail campaigns, highlighting the potential success of committing to this method​ (GTMnow)​.
    6. Psychological Principles:
      • Dr. Robert Cialdini's principle of consistency explains that people who commit to a single course of action are more likely to follow through with it. This psychological principle supports the idea that focusing on one lead generation strategy can lead to more consistent and reliable results over time​ (GTMnow)​.

    In conclusion, while market saturation and external factors do play a role in the effectiveness of a lead generation strategy, the evidence shows that consistency and focus on one method can lead to significant success. By committing to a single strategy, refining it, and ensuring consistent application, businesses can often see better results than by spreading efforts too thinly across multiple tactics.

    Best, Carlos

     All of what you said is wrong. I don't have the time to explain it in detail but here is a gist. What I have listed is data.  Mathematics. ALl you have listed is manipulated info to steer an agenda.

    Let me give you a quick example:

    Sales Performance Improvement: According to the Sales Benchmark Index, sales reps who concentrate on mastering a single lead generation tactic CAN see a significant performance increase. Their study found that focusing on a single tactic can lead to a 21% increase in sales productivity​ (Zendesk)​.

      Notice words they use like "CAN". This is what I mean by "agenda and data manipulation". For more on why this is wrong, read on.

      ROI from Consistency: MarketingSherpa's Email Marketing Benchmark Report highlights that consistency in lead generation efforts yields higher returns. Consistent application of a single lead generation method, such as email marketing, can lead to more predictable and higher ROI​ (Zendesk)​.

        Why don't you go try to catch fish by swimming after it and try to hit it over the head with a flat paddle underwater?

        Or,

        You could throw dynamite in the water.  What you are saying is this. "It doesn't matter what you pick, pick one and stay consistent and you are fine". Get it?

        No right? Consistency only works when the system is proven to work. Consistency alone is not the formula to success. Consistency + A proven strategy is. 

        Inbound Marketing Success: HubSpot reports that inbound marketing, when executed consistently, generates 54% more leads than traditional outbound methods. This shows the power of committing to one effective strategy and refining it over time​ (Zendesk)​.

          The ONLY point that is correct, is what I have said.   You do know that everything I mentioned in my previous post is INBOUND MARKETING! 

          Referral and Repeat Business: The National Association of Realtors found that referrals and repeat business can lead to a 40% higher transaction volume. This suggests that focusing on building a strong referral network as a primary lead generation method can be highly effective​ (Zendesk)​.

          1. In the world of science and engineering, (quest for truth) words like "very, "more", "better".. mean nothing. Where are the numbers? Better than WHAT, More than WHAT?  Everything you have mentioned says absolutely nothing. Then we are not realtors, and we don't do repeat business. This point is completely moot.


          Real Estate Direct Mail: Direct mail has been shown to be effective in certain markets. For instance, real estate investors in New York City have seen up to a 15% year-over-year growth using direct mail campaigns, highlighting the potential success of committing to this method​ (GTMnow)​.


          Mindless babble feeding an agenda. Why would you blindly believe anything when there is no data shown?  Effective they say. You need to send 3000 mailers to get a deal. That is a 0.03% success rate. Tell me, Are my numbers made up? Nope. Are they wrong? Nope? Do you call a 0.03% success rate.. hmm.."effective"? If your answer is "yes".. there you go. That is why you are not doing 8-figures like we are doing.

          Psychological Principles: Dr. Robert Cialdini's principle of consistency explains that people who commit to a single course of action are more likely to follow through with it. This psychological principle supports the idea that focusing on one lead generation strategy CAN lead to more consistent and reliable results over time​ (GTMnow)​.

            So what is said here is this. If you do DMM one time is one thing, but if you stay consistent you CAN improve the results.

            So 2 things.

            1. they are comparing one strategy against itself doing it once vs staying consistent. That is not the same as saying doing any strategy consistently works. Again. what they are saying is, doing DMM only once MAY not be as good as doing that strategy DMM consistently. That is not what the discussion is here.

            2. Again with the "CAN". Means nothing


            Now, consider this.

            What you are doing is arguing with a Martian that aliens don't exist.

            How much success are you having with these methods? How much success is 95% of bigger pockets having with these strategies? Stop quoting me absolute jargon from the internet. Answer me this ONE single relevant question. If what you advise is correct and pretty much everyone is doing this why are so many people not successful? That is the ONLY thing you need to focus on. Anything else is beating around the bush!

            I am not here however to convince you to change your ways. Nor do I need to prove to you that I am correct. I truly don't care who "wins" this debate. I did you a favor pointing the errors in your way, and it is you to be smart enough to realize these errors. 

            If you don't, hey, truly go do your thing. Sorry I couldn't help you. I opened the door for you. You need to walk through it.

            Good luck!

          1. Real Estate Consultant · Atlanta · Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes
            2y
            Quote from @Jerryll Noorden:
            Quote from @Rick H.:

            All good points. I started investing in real estate in 1978.
            Trying to classify “all distress is bollocks” is misleading. 

            I’ve done thousands of deals and built a great life. 
            In my experience and what I taught during my speaking days (including BP national event) is that most people try to market to too many leads. I’ve found it much more effective to focus on a small number of high-targeted niche market situations.

            Seriously, pick six (6) that represent opportunities that you can profitably create value and resolve one or more problems. 
            Perfect storms are good example: defaulted, missing or deceased owner(s), alcoholic heirs, code violations, etc.; all in one property concurrently! This is just an exemplar list, of course. 
            The idea is to limit your targets to just a few with multiple nasty problems that your principals recognize are bigger than they can deal with, hence ripe for you to acquire or control. 
            LIMIT YOUR PROSPECTS AND GO DEEP.


             Actually, that is not misleading at all.

            What I said is extremely accurate. And you really should be aware of some of the things you said that are just not right... 

            First.

            How many mailers do you need to send to any distressed list, to get a deal? 1000, 2000, 3000?

            Let's take 1000. 

            So you need to send 1000 mailers to get one deal yes? That is a 0.1% success rate. This means 99.9% of the people on distressed lists, will say "no" to you.

            Thus, 99.9% of people in some sort of distress will NOT BE MOTIVATED. This is not an opinion. This is factually accurate data.

            So how exactly am I misleading when I tell you, "Thinking that because someone is in distress they are motivated to sell IS bollocks", is as I said, extremely accurate. Know the difference between opinion and data.

            You think that:

            Foreclosure --> motivated --> deal

            Absentee owner --> motivated --> deal

            Probate --> motivated --> deal

            But that is not true.

            Here is what is more accurate:

            Foreclosure + motivated = Potential deal

            Absentee owner + motivated = Potential deal

            Probate + motivated = Potential deal

            Distress does NOT imply motivation. 99.9% of the time, it doesn't!

            Now, please pay close attention.

            I quote:

            I’ve done thousands of deals and built a great life.
            In my experience and what I taught during my speaking days (including BP national event) is that most people try to market to too many leads. I’ve found it much more effective to focus on a small number of high-targeted niche market situations.


            Again I will use logic and common sense to show you.

            You are saying "limit your prospects and go deep". Please everyone .. do NOT do this

            Let me visualize what you are telling others to do.


















            So logically, this doesn't make sense. Now, add to this what I have just proven to you. You can't target motivated sellers, and all these lists you go after that are "distressed homeowners" have a 99.9% probability they are NOT motivated. so you are SERIOUSLY making it DOUBLE harder for yourself to succeed.

            So not only are you telling people to zoom in on a much smaller audience, instead of going after the larger motivated smaller audience,  but also, that smaller audience has a 0.1% chance they are motivated.

            Data. Vs. Opinion.
            Data always wins.

            Understand this my friend:

            I don't need to make 1000 deals to make a few million a year. I do about 10 to 20 deals to make $1M. Without having to chase leads, without having to "narrow down" on leads, without being yelled at.

            Work smarter, not harder!

            Do what you all want. Up to you, but no matter what you decide to do, facts remain truth and opinion is just that, an opinion. Want predictable efficient results? Look for DATA! Not someone's personal opinion.


             If, what you are saying is true. Than what is the best way to get motivated sellers or even come across them at a higher rate?

          2. Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
            2y

            1. Wait... what? Remove the "if" from "IF what you are saying is true". Do you not see this is true? What are you not seeing/understanding? Of course, it is true. See what I do not understand is imagine showing someone that birds can fly, by pointing at one in mid-air flying away, and then asking the person "OK IF what you are saying is true and birds can fly, how do they fly"?  What do you mean IF they can fly? ! I am not giving you a theory. I am literally showing what you all are FACTUALY doing at THIS VERY MOMENT!! Are you not all buying lists? Are you not sending mailers calls and texts to a very very specific list? I didn't make anything up. I  simply verbalized what everyone was doing.

            This is the reason so many of you continue to fail.  Remove emotion. Look at the data.

            If you still need to be convinced that this is true,  a full-out explanation of how to find them seems pointless to me. I am not being mean or a prick. 

            2.

            How do you find them?

            You can't. How does Best Buy find you, when you need a brand new 300' Nulear TV? They don't.

            You find BestBuy when you are suddenly in the mood to buy a TV right? BestBuy can't POSSIBLY know you are motivated to buy a new TV. 

            Now imagine Best Buy could magically know that your TV just broke. (they can't but imagine they could). Does that mean you will buy a new TV? NO! The fact that you no longer have a TV doesn't make you motivated to buy a new one. Maybe you NEVER watch TV. How many of you have a TV but all you do is watch on your phone, or on your computer?

            My point is 2-fold.

            Even if Best Buy could know your TV broke (equivalent to a foreclosure list, absentee owners list etc. etc.) that doesn't mean you will buy a new TV. Not because you are in foreclosure does it mean you are going to accept an offer below market value, or even GOING to sell your house period. Remember those people would rather burn down the house than sell it at MARKET value.

            Then lastly, nothing can target motivated sellers. Nothing can. You can't find them. You can't target them.  They find you!

            When was the last time you planted your butt next to the mailbox when you got bitten by a rattlesnake, hoping someone would send you a DMM. call or a text with the recipe for an antidote?

            The more motivated someone is, the more pressing their desire to find a solution to their problem themselves. They won't wait for a mailer.

            GOOGLE!

            They find you. The sooner you all realize this, the sooner you will actually have a CHANCE to become reliably successful!

          Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.