What are the best strategies or tools that you use to find Off-Market Properties? Brand new to real estate investing and I am looking to complete my first wholesale deal.
Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
1y
If you are looking to wholesale you need to contact owners directly before someone else does. You can cold call, door knock, do social media ads, mailers, network, etc. Figure out which one works for you and your budget then be consistent
Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
1y
If you are looking to wholesale you need to contact owners directly before someone else does. You can cold call, door knock, do social media ads, mailers, network, etc. Figure out which one works for you and your budget then be consistent
Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2013 · 120 posts · 77 votes
1y
We go to straight to sellers with our marketing the prices our better and the ones that meet our criteria we keep for cash flow and the ones that don’t we wholesale.
What are the best strategies or tools that you use to find Off-Market Properties? Brand new to real estate investing and I am looking to complete my first wholesale deal.
There are several different methods you can use. The tried and true version is pulling a list of properties whether you're targeting distressed homes or high equity homes in which case you can pull on something like Propstream or Propwire, you can skip trace through them or someone like Prime Tracers which has a pay as you go system.
You get those phone numbers from skip tracing and you can call them using a dialer system like call tools or kixie.
There are obviously other methods such as direct mail, PPL, PPC, SEO but some take a lot of working capital or a lot of ground work or sometimes a combination of both.
Cold calling IMO is the easiest way to get into the space. Feel free to reach out if you want to connect, I have some people I've JV'd with in the Texas triangle.
Thank you Stephen! I will take a look at Propstream and Propwire!
We go to straight to sellers with our marketing the prices our better and the ones that meet our criteria we keep for cash flow and the ones that don’t we wholesale.
Great advice on here so far. I totally agree with @Caleb Brown, especially the part about consistency!
Whichever method of lead generation you decide on, aim to establish and maintain a relationship with prospective sellers.
When speaking with them, demonstrate genuine interest in their situation and goals. Ask questions to find out about their reasons for selling, desired next steps (i.e. relocation, 1031 exchange, etc.), and anything else that is important to them.
Ask follow-up questions to dig deeper and learn more (without being too intrusive) then jot down any relevant notes so that you can reference them down the line during your follow-up calls. There will likely be dozens of follow-up calls so don't be discouraged if you can't close someone upon first contact.
Wholesaler, Rehabber and Landlord · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
1y
Hey @Benjamin Blunt do you have a website that says that you help people with their real estate issues?? Does your Facebook say that too?? Do you have a Facebook business page? What does your LinkedIn page say?
Did you fill out your profile page for BiggerPockets?? The more information that you have out there the easier it is for people to find you, if you want them to find you.
I almost everyday wear my "Rick Buys Houses" shirts with my phone number on it.
But I guess to answer your question, I find people who are going to foreclosure. Texas is pretty quick to foreclose. That pushes people to make a quick decision. You gotta be quick also. When you help people with their issues, it will help you also.
Hey @Benjamin Blunt do you have a website that says that you help people with their real estate issues?? Does your Facebook say that too?? Do you have a Facebook business page? What does your LinkedIn page say?
Did you fill out your profile page for BiggerPockets?? The more information that you have out there the easier it is for people to find you, if you want them to find you.
I almost everyday wear my "Rick Buys Houses" shirts with my phone number on it.
But I guess to answer your question, I find people who are going to foreclosure. Texas is pretty quick to foreclose. That pushes people to make a quick decision. You gotta be quick also. When you help people with their issues, it will help you also.
This is a terrific strategy. Do you stick to San Antonio, or do you wholesale in other parts of Texas as well? I want to start in Austin.
What are the best strategies or tools that you use to find Off-Market Properties? Brand new to real estate investing and I am looking to complete my first wholesale deal.
To find properties, initially you master what real estate agents are supposed to do.
Hey @Benjamin Blunt do you have a website that says that you help people with their real estate issues?? Does your Facebook say that too?? Do you have a Facebook business page? What does your LinkedIn page say?
Did you fill out your profile page for BiggerPockets?? The more information that you have out there the easier it is for people to find you, if you want them to find you.
I almost everyday wear my "Rick Buys Houses" shirts with my phone number on it.
But I guess to answer your question, I find people who are going to foreclosure. Texas is pretty quick to foreclose. That pushes people to make a quick decision. You gotta be quick also. When you help people with their issues, it will help you also.
I haven't set up my facebook business page our completed my profile on Bigger Pockets yet, but I need to!
Thank you Rick for your advice. I will also look into properties that are in foreclosure as well!
Great advice on here so far. I totally agree with @Caleb Brown, especially the part about consistency!
Whichever method of lead generation you decide on, aim to establish and maintain a relationship with prospective sellers.
When speaking with them, demonstrate genuine interest in their situation and goals. Ask questions to find out about their reasons for selling, desired next steps (i.e. relocation, 1031 exchange, etc.), and anything else that is important to them.
Ask follow-up questions to dig deeper and learn more (without being too intrusive) then jot down any relevant notes so that you can reference them down the line during your follow-up calls. There will likely be dozens of follow-up calls so don't be discouraged if you can't close someone upon first contact.
What are the best strategies or tools that you use to find Off-Market Properties? Brand new to real estate investing and I am looking to complete my first wholesale deal.
Hi, Ben, Caleb is correct, you need to be the first or at least front of the queue to reach out and provide your solution.
When you can access the opportunities first, you can qualify the lead first, analyse and find the best deals first, reach out and build rapport first , offer your solution first (rather than having your offer thrown on a pile of others the individual has already been given) and so on.
At tip to help achieve this: You will at somepoint, if you haven't already, be directed to propstream or propwire or the like to find motivated sellers. Both are excellent platforms which save people immense amount of work and tme by compiling all the critical data you need in 1 place but there leads are way behind the county recorders/courts/notices i.e the source of most motivated seller leads.
Unfortunately using PS+PW guarantees you will not be at the front of he queue where you need to be, why? The leads are available to all of the people who use those platforms and they are made available to all those people at exactly the same time because its inherent in there business model. They have to buy data, wait to recieve it, process it and then upload it all at the same time via an update. So, everyone using those platforms is jumping on the same leads AND at the same time which means there users are all equally behind anyone WHO GOES TO THE RELEVANT COUNTY AND COLLECTS IT there own data or can find someone who can get it for them.
They are also only providing around 40% of the leads which are available via county records. Thats only for Liens, probate and Preforeclosure leads within TX, CA and FL.
How do I know this? Via a study I done comparing the Preforeclosure leads that PS provided with county records for over 167 counties across TX, CA and FL. Becasue I have access to all those counties databases. If your interested I have posted the link below
There are many routes to go when starting to find leads it all depends on your budget and experience. You can go the free route which does take some time, door-to-door, cold calling, and simply messaging buyers. A few other methods cost some money but is usually just throwing away small amounts at a time. If you have at least $2,000 to spend or once you scale to that point you could run ads to get your seller leads to come to you and usually these people are just scrolling and your ad pops up that you're looking to "pay cash for homes."
Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2025 · 402 posts · 205 votes
1y
Pulling Targeted list in your area, (High equity, probate, pre-foreclosures, tax liens, etc) and reaching out to owners to see if they're interested in selling there home.
Nothing like some good old fashioned cold calling!
There are plenty of free software out there to help you get started.
A dialer and a lead of 10,000 properties you can get away for under $600.
You can of course choose other avenues such as direct mail marketing by pulling a list of these same targeted owners, SMS which is illegal but people still do it anyways, bandit signs in areas with high investor interest.
Inbound would be SEO, PPC, and PPL. SEO takes several months before seeing consistent results and some great content, PPC and PPL take a bunch of money for it to be effective so be ready to pay up for those.
What are the best strategies or tools that you use to find Off-Market Properties? Brand new to real estate investing and I am looking to complete my first wholesale deal.
Hiya Ben, I know I'm late to the party but here's my 2 cents on the matter. The ways I would recommend for someone taking their first steps on their real estate investing journey would emphasis on time than money and scale up on the go unless u'r having a full time job and doing so as a side gig - Drive for dollars be on the look up for overgrown lawns, boarded-up windows, deferred maintenance etc... - Cold calling FSBO yourself from zillow, byowner etc... - Also a method I used before but needed more follow up from me was working with Bird Dogs, basically if you know someone who works in uber, mail carriers etc... some would be willing to locate couple distressed properties while going on their normal routine and send you the pics and address to check them up yourself. Finally If you can spare a little more going with an agency that can pull a targeted list and do the cold calling for you and you close the deal yourself would be your best bet. Would love to hear from you if you need help picking the best method based on your budget and time commitment.