Building a Buyers List

Building a Buyers List

Wholesaler · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2025 · 12 posts · 8 votes

Hey BP Community,

I’m a newer wholesaler currently focused on building a strong buyers list and laying a solid foundation for my business. I’d love to share what I’ve done so far and get your input on what’s helped you build momentum, especially in sourcing your first few deals.

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

Posted in a few real estate-focused Facebook groups to introduce myself

Connected with local investors and lenders who’ve shown interest in joint venturing or offering support

Started researching properties in my area, particularly ones that appear vacant or neglected

Created a professional website (in progress) to support my branding and credibility

Joined BiggerPockets and started networking intentionally

My ask for the community:

What helped you build a successful buyers list early on?

What strategies, lead sources, or partnerships helped you close your first few wholesale deals?

I’m in the Atlanta area and open to insight, support, or even collaboration. I’d love to learn from those a few steps ahead and stay connected with others on this path.

Appreciate this space so much—y’all make this journey feel way less lonely.

3Reply
90 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Bloomfield CT · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 408 votes
1y

Buyers lists are a way to waste time. Find absolute rock solid deals priced correctly and the buyers will show up

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Stephen MoralesBusiness Member
    Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2025 · 402 posts · 205 votes
    1y

    Hi @Tiffany Haley,

    It looks like you're on the right track! I would continue looking into local REI meet-ups around town.

    You can also pull a list of cash buyers using some property data software and sort by minimum # of properties in someone's portfolio (I like to do 3 min), Min value of their portfolio to be $1M or so depending on the market you're in and that they made a purchase in the last 6-12 months to show that they are actively investing. 

    You can skip trace and call on this list to help build new relationships with cash buyers.

  • Wholesaler · Member since 2024 · 99 posts · 39 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Tiffany Haley:

    Hey BP Community,

    I’m a newer wholesaler currently focused on building a strong buyers list and laying a solid foundation for my business. I’d love to share what I’ve done so far and get your input on what’s helped you build momentum, especially in sourcing your first few deals.

    Here’s what I’ve done so far:

    Posted in a few real estate-focused Facebook groups to introduce myself

    Connected with local investors and lenders who’ve shown interest in joint venturing or offering support

    Started researching properties in my area, particularly ones that appear vacant or neglected

    Created a professional website (in progress) to support my branding and credibility

    Joined BiggerPockets and started networking intentionally

    My ask for the community:

    What helped you build a successful buyers list early on?

    What strategies, lead sources, or partnerships helped you close your first few wholesale deals?

    I’m in the Atlanta area and open to insight, support, or even collaboration. I’d love to learn from those a few steps ahead and stay connected with others on this path.

    Appreciate this space so much—y’all make this journey feel way less lonely.


     Hello nice to meet you. I am a wholesaler as well in ATL but I only work on the dispo side of things. I enjoy more volume as a dispo wholesaler. Wholesaling can be rough especially on the acquisition side but the spreads are bigger. Typically how I see it is that acquisition will be less volume and bigger spreads and dispo is going to be more volume and usually lower fees. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bloomfield CT · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 408 votes
    1y

    Buyers lists are a way to waste time. Find absolute rock solid deals priced correctly and the buyers will show up

  • Wholesaler · Member since 2024 · 99 posts · 39 votes
    1y

    Going to have to disagree on this one, but I understand the concept you have here. 

  • Wholesaler · Littleton · Member since 2021 · 41 posts · 11 votes
    1y

    @James McGovern@Tiffany Haley

    Not that I've gotten my first deal yet but this is definitely a waste of of time. I have a descent buyers list. But here is what I did. I went on meetup and bigger pockets and went to some meetups. I had no intentions of building a list I just wanted to be around like minded people. In the end people just gave me there contact and told me to send them deals. If your new ignore all the videos stop looking for the secret. I would read finding and funding great deals by Anson Young. Ninja selling by Larry kindall. Those two books will help you with finding deals and selling. It might be wise to also start going to garage sales and work on negotiating. I know, what do I know without a deal. But if I just did this and stopped looking for secrets I would be further. I also overlooked some state laws and now l'm waiting on approval. But that just slows down my contact rate. But because of that I'm learning how to minimize my motivated seller list. Best of luck

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.