My name is Drew, I recently moved to the OKC area (from Tulsa originally), I've been seeing a lot of videos and getting into the wholesaling market, but nervous to pull the trigger and get under contract for the first time... I'd love to start connects with those who are successfully doing so! Please leave any comments, ideas, advice, stories, etc below!
hello. can you house hack instead? wholesaling is tough. it's not as easy as it's made out to be (is anything)?
and i think you're right to be hesitant - i would not put a property under contract and then just hope you're able to assign it. that is such a disservice to the seller.
i also believe there are new laws in effect in Oklahoma on wholesaling making things much more strict.
Investor · Argyle, TX · Member since 2014 · 112 posts · 73 votes
11mo
Hi Drew,
Congrats on taking the first step. Like Nicholas said, wholesaling can be a tough industry, especially in today's market. And Oklahoma did pass laws a few years ago regarding wholesaling. I would suggest finding and teaming up with a local real estate agent who deals with investment properties so you can work with a licensed person and stay out of the state's crosshairs.
With that being said, I'm a buyer in the OKC and Tulsa markets and have a few contacts up there. I'd be happy to chat about that market and how we can help each other, and I'd love to be one of your first buyers as you build out your list and get things moving forward.
When starting out, it can be good to have a few trustworthy buyers that you can bounce numbers off of to be sure you are contracting a property in the right price range and not leading the seller to a dead end. It's kind of like reverse wholesaling.
Feel free to reach out, and I wish you all the best in your endeavors!
@Gabe Waldrep hello i'm 17 and trying to get into something i heard wholesaling and ik that only around 50-60% of ppl do it or a little less make it and it's hard but idk what to start with as someone who just graduated and trying to be self owned