Cash buyers strategy for marketing.

Cash buyers strategy for marketing.

Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 1 vote

For those of you actively investing, acquiring properties, and moving inventory, where have you found the highest quality investor relationships? 

I've spent time working through buyers lists, public records, social media groups, and networking, but I'm curious what has produced the most active and consistent connections for you. 

if you were starting from scratch in a market like San Antonio, where would you focus your efforts. 

interested in hearing how other markets are doing. 

1Reply
625 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler, Rehabber and Landlord · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3mo

    Everyone wants to know what is THE BEST way to whatever. WHY, because people are lazy. They want to know the best way because they can do that only and make the most money, right??

    Truth is that there is no one way. 

    You meet other investors, you send to code compliance lists, pre-foreclosure lists, tired landlords, high equity, probates and a million other ways. YOU see what you succeed in and focus on that. Everyone is different and handles different situations different. 

    I do lots of things that get a deal every year, some get me two or three a year. Since things are slower for the last 2 years and probably the next 2 years, we do construction also. I purchased an excavator about 4 years ago, because I saw a slowdown coming. I dig sewer lines for other investors, homeowners and for plumbers who dont have an excavator. I also advise other investors when they are having issues.

    • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 1 vote
      4w

      @Rick Pozos I think you presented a very common fallacy in your response. Just because people are investigating and searching for information - does not make them "lazy". In fact, it's the inverse. I am asking an open question because I AM trying multiple strategies and I find that seeing what other people do great in an area, implementing it into my business, and then passing along the information is what keeps businesses growing. Just as there are many books on how to lead a great life does not mean you should read every single one over and over. You should investigate which provide value for yourself, take bits and pieces, implement, repeat, and then continue to grow. Would love to hear if you disagree. 

  • Member since 2026 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3mo

    Hi message me 

  • Wholesaler · Charleston WV · Member since 2026 · 234 posts · 126 votes
    3mo

    If I were starting from scratch in a market like San Antonio, I'd focus less on building the biggest buyers list possible and more on building relationships with active investors who are actually closing deals.

    Some of my best buyer relationships have come from local REIA meetings, investor meetups, auctions, title companies, referrals from other investors, and simply reaching out to people who are consistently buying in the areas I'm targeting.

    One strategy that's worked well is looking at recent cash transactions and identifying who's actively buying multiple properties. Then I focus on starting conversations and understanding their buy box rather than immediately trying to sell them a deal.

    I've also found that one strong buyer who closes consistently is worth more than hundreds of names on a spreadsheet that never buy.

    At the end of the day, real estate is still a relationship business. The investors who answer their phone, communicate clearly, and do what they say they're going to do tend to become long-term partners. If I were new in San Antonio, I'd spend as much time networking and meeting active buyers as I would looking for deals.

    Quality relationships usually outperform massive lists.

  • Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2013 · 120 posts · 77 votes
    3mo

    in the past we went out and targeted certain zip codes pulled list and seen who were the active buyers in that area and got on them phone with those buyers and built solid relationships.

  • Coral Springs, FL · Member since 2018 · 468 posts · 97 votes
    4w

    Rick mentioned code compliance lists, pre-foreclosure lists, probates — those are all seller-side county sources. But the same county records have a buyer-side goldmine that most wholesalers miss: the tax deed auction bidder list.

    When a county holds a tax deed auction, the registered bidder list is public record. Those bidders have already proven three things:

    1. They buy at auction (not retail) — so they're comfortable with distressed properties
    2. They have cash or hard money ready — auctions require immediate payment
    3. They're actively acquiring in that specific market

    That's a pre-qualified cash buyer list, and it's free. You don't need to guess whether someone is an active buyer — the county clerk already verified it when they issued the bidder registration.

    For starting from scratch in San Antonio (or any market), I'd pull the Bexar County tax deed auction bidder list from the last 12 months. Those are your most active cash buyers. Cross-reference with recent cash transactions from the county recorder to confirm they're still buying. Then reach out with a specific deal that fits their demonstrated buy box.

    The same approach works for seller sourcing. When you cross-reference the tax collector's delinquent list with code enforcement violations and clerk of court records (probate, liens), you find converged distress — properties with multiple stressors. Those sellers are more motivated than any direct mail list you can buy.

    County data is the one sourcing advantage that doesn't require a PropStream subscription or Driving for Dollars gas money. It's public, it's free, and it's verified by the government.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    4w

    mortgage note investors or foreclosing on properties. skip the big banks. look for smaller companies or individuals who do private lending and have foreclosed. they should be every investor's best friends who look for off-market properties.

    i've mentioned this a number of times and i don't think i've had more than three people ever contact me asking me if they could buy our real estate that we own. we would even sell or finance it to people including renovation costs so they have less out-of-pocket but still never hear from people. blows my mind. 

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Coral Springs, FL · Member since 2018 · 468 posts · 97 votes
    3w

    For a Broward example, public records show 4253 SW 124 Terrace, Miramar (folio 514035141360) with a clerk sale scheduled for Sep 22, 2026; BCPA just value is $465,190. It is not under contract. Any compensation is for information only, not a closing-contingent fee.

  • Investor · Pacific Northwest · Member since 2026 · 65 posts · 16 votes
    3w

    Starting from scratch in San Antonio, I'd use recent recorded purchases to identify buyers in the neighborhoods and property types you want to work, then meet them through local investor groups or the agents involved. Ask what they bought recently, what they passed on and whether they're buying again. That gives you something to qualify a relationship against before adding another name to a buyers list.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.