Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Bryant Moran
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New York City, NY
Votes |
Warning! Your state may not do deals strictly through title companies!

Bryant Moran
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New York City, NY
Posted Jun 24 2015, 19:28

So basically,

I decided to wholesale in Connecticut, around the Hartford area and Whethersfield. (Expanding as I drive for dollars looking for the perfect place). So I google Title Companies in Connecticut call three separate ones up and ask them about closing and whether or not I can use the buyer’s funds to blanket the costs, or “assigning” him my contract.

These are the ones I called. Chicago Title Insurance, First American Title Insurance Company, and Fidelity National Title

They said that they couldn’t do closing with me because they sell title insurance and that I would have to close through an attorney. So now I’m confused. Does that mean that I hand him the paperwork (an offer to purchase & the assignment paperwork) and he’ll handle it? 

So, I found out that not all title companies do closing services or escrow services. Just need some clarification and costs for attorneys

Ideally, if you are an investor in the Connecticut area, I would love to know what title companies and/or attorney you guys use to close. I appreciate any feedback. Thanks guys! 

Loading replies...