Real Estate Investor · Steamboat, CO · Member since 2010 · 295 posts · 34 votes
I saw a boarded up house in a very valuable are, and its owners address is listed at the same house.
When running a report at TLO, it gives me phone numbers that don't work, and there are no other previous addresses or relatives still living, in the TLO report.
I have hit a dead-end here. Have you any other suggestions on how to reach such a person? I haven't knocked on doors as someone is doing a flip right next door and I want to create competition. I have also seen Sean Terry's suggestion of putting a "for sale" sign in the front yard, until the unhappy owner calls to see why you are selling his house, but my phone would blow-up on this house.
Any other ideas on tracking people down? I don't know if a private detective could get better info than TLO.
Realtor · Stamford, CT · Member since 2015 · 116 posts · 56 votes
10y
Check out Nexis.com as well. Sometimes it has different numbers then TLO. Also if you look into any mortgages or deed transfers you might get a different address listed on them. Could give you another avenue to go down. Do the owners have any other property? Also check where the tax bill is going to if you can.
If you send me the info I would be happy to do some research for you tomorrow. (don't worry I have no intention on investing out in CO, my primary job is related to finding owners)
Realtor · Stamford, CT · Member since 2015 · 116 posts · 56 votes
10y
Check out Nexis.com as well. Sometimes it has different numbers then TLO. Also if you look into any mortgages or deed transfers you might get a different address listed on them. Could give you another avenue to go down. Do the owners have any other property? Also check where the tax bill is going to if you can.
If you send me the info I would be happy to do some research for you tomorrow. (don't worry I have no intention on investing out in CO, my primary job is related to finding owners)
Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2015 · 105 posts · 68 votes
10y
i like Facebook for that. Many people leave their account wide open.
Google the address along with the owners name. Use quotation marks. Sometimes this turns up a small business website. Google owner name plus city. Sometimes gets you stuff like church bulletins.
Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 43 posts · 15 votes
8y
This is all very helpful. Thank you. I am looking to find the owner of an abandoned Church in Los Angeles and I can't find the owner's info on TLO at all. I figure it might be something that I would need to investigate through title and then circle back with the owner's name.
Investor · Athens, GA · Member since 2016 · 31 posts · 12 votes
8y
Im not entirely sure you need a private eye but it does help to brush up on your own intel gathering skills. I have found out most useful neighborhood info is only common knowledge to the long term residents. I typically ask who owns the property in question or if thats not known, how long it has been vacant. I feel like I have avoided more than a few bad deals this way (and found several more leads).