first contarct && handling objections

first contarct && handling objections

New Orleans, LA · Member since 2014 · 53 posts · 5 votes

so, on Nov 3 I got my first contract. I found the deal on zillow. he first wanted 180k, but got it under contract for 119K, we even negotiated lower to 110k, but didnt get the second contract signed. Long story short i under estimated the repairs the home needed. I marketed the property, got some interested folks, but what they were offering wouldnt work. The seller is getting impatient, and also said people are calling him saying his home is for sale, so he thinks im trying to get over on him. He is now upset and dont want to do the 110k he is set on 119k and that price wont work. What can i say to this seller to assure him im only trying to help? How do you handle objections where the seller sees your ads about their home? 

1Reply
62 views

Most Popular Reply

Buy & Hold Owner · Redlands, CA · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
9y
Originally posted by @Paul Ewing:

When are you required to close? After a month with no signs of progress on you actually buying his house, I don't blame the seller. You were up front and explained you really weren't the buyer, just acting as broker to sell the home right?

 Great - - just admit RE Fraud, selling w/o a license :(

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Shawn AckermanPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur · Mid West, East Coast · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    Oh and @John Thedford it's millennials not Millinnial.  I just want to make sure that when you call my generation FRAUDS you at least get the spelling correct. I know the E and I are close together on the keyboard but fight through it LOL! 904!!!  Thanks Buddy!

  • Real Estate Professional · Baton Rouge, LA · Member since 2016 · 109 posts · 30 votes
    9y

    @Joey Hamaoui, nice advice for so little effort, you have hit the head directly on the letter my colleague, you should open up a direct mail 101 landlord buyer list for wholesale properties, market the contract not the seller is awesome and creedibilty approved, keep posting but most of all keep sharing, brokers included

  • Real Estate Agent · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 406 posts · 163 votes
    9y

    Thanks @Michael Anderson. I hope that the wholesalers don't get discouraged. You have to fail forward and I strongly recommend getting licensed or consulting with an attorney if someone is scared to move forward because of "Legal" reasons. There is a right way and a wrong way of doing everything. 

    As an agent who works with investors, I love wholesalers because it gives me more inventory for my customers!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.