Votes
Jesse Patterson
  • Winston Salem, NC
Votes |
Wholesaling Noobie, WANT TO GET STARTED

Jesse Patterson
  • Winston Salem, NC
Posted Jan 17 2017, 00:03

Hello everyone my name is Jesse Patterson and I am currently 22 years old. I live in the small town of King, NC. I've been pursuing in self employment ever since I was 17 years old. Though unsuccessful I still haven't given up and will never give up. Wholesaling really caught my attention this past week or so as I realized the potential earnings. But after countless guides and threads I still haven't found one to meet my specific questions. That's why I'm glad I found this community where everyone shares knowledge to benefit each other. Unfortunately I have little to no idea what it is I'm doing. My main concern is legal issues. If it weren't for legal issues I would be out there everyday striving to find my first deal to close. There are a few other small things that I would like to know as well. I will list my questions below to try and be as clear as possible.

1. How do I find out if wholesaling is legal in North Carolina? I've read some real estate laws but the way they word them makes it almost impossible to be completely precise.

2. I've heard of cases where people have been charged for not having a broker license? I do not currently have a realtor or broker license.

3. Am I able to show the buyer the house? If not how in the world am I going to sell someone a house that they have never seen before?

4. How do double closings/seller side only hubs work? I heard that a seller side only hub would make it to where to the seller can't see anything but what pertains to them. Such as they wont see the profit I am making (I don't want to scare them away). I also heard double closing work the same way but have twice the expenses.

5. If I set the closing date to be two months later and I don't close, will I be fined each day until I close (something I heard on the web), or will the contract just no longer be valid?

I am sorry that I am asking so many questions and can't benefit anyone else with some information. I'm just very eager to get started and want make sure I'm not going to be breaking any laws. Thank you all for your responses in advance. Have a great day!

Loading replies...