Wholesaling, cold calling and skip tracing

Wholesaling, cold calling and skip tracing

Wholesaler · Pasadena, TX · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 2 votes

Is anybody using skip trace software?

I've been using Intelius but I notice that the numbers there are usually old phone numbers and haven't been able to reach many like that.  Is anyone else using it?  what's your experience with the software?  or is anyone using any other company to get better data.

I would appreciate the feedback

thanks,

2Reply
91 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 398 posts · 679 votes
9y

@Rick Carr Your cheaper tools will have poor data because they are getting used, and often outdated, data from the credit companies. Intelius is one of those reseller companies. Other companies in the same category are White Pages, Spokeo, and Been Verified. There are other, but those are the main ones I've seen used often. If you plan on keeping skip tracing and cold calling as a strategy in your business model, I highly suggest getting an account from better source, like TLO. The phone numbers are mostly good and I have roughly a 85-95% hit rate when I skip trace my lists. Each of my lists are about 1k leads so only about 40 of those will be bad numbers, which is a good hit rate.

See this reply in the discussion

34 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 349 posts · 142 votes
    9y

    @Rick Carr It is always hit and miss. I have used it many times and I plan on to keep using it. Just like every other strategy in REI, it doesn't always produce results but the results it does produce are worth it.

  • Wholesaler · Pasadena, TX · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Appreciate the comment @Jeremy Pakalka

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 349 posts · 142 votes
    9y

    @Rick Carr Anytime! If you pick up any properties or have any under contract, let me know. I am always looking!

  • Wholesaler · Pasadena, TX · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    I've talked to you guys before lol.  I get calls to my signs from someone in your company at least once a month.

  • Wholesaler · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 398 posts · 679 votes
    9y

    @Rick Carr Your cheaper tools will have poor data because they are getting used, and often outdated, data from the credit companies. Intelius is one of those reseller companies. Other companies in the same category are White Pages, Spokeo, and Been Verified. There are other, but those are the main ones I've seen used often. If you plan on keeping skip tracing and cold calling as a strategy in your business model, I highly suggest getting an account from better source, like TLO. The phone numbers are mostly good and I have roughly a 85-95% hit rate when I skip trace my lists. Each of my lists are about 1k leads so only about 40 of those will be bad numbers, which is a good hit rate.

  • Wholesaler · Pasadena, TX · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    That is the reason why I'm still a member of this site, @Cornelius Garland I most sincerely appreciate your comment, thanks a million.  And yes, I just hired me a cold caller and want to use this as a strategy for my business.  I don't want to leave any rock unturned.

  • Wholesaler · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 398 posts · 679 votes
    9y

    Anytime @Rick Carr. I understand your frustration and been down that road. At one point, It seemed like every single number I called didn't work. TLO is fairly simple to get. They come to your house and do an inspection, and you should have your account within two weeks of them doing the site inspection. I would just tell them that you're using it to verify that the information on your mailing lists is correct before you send your mail out. They can be sticklers about using it for marketing. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

  • Realtor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2017 · 184 posts · 33 votes
    9y

    @Jeremy Pakalka Hey, what areas do you or your buyers/investors look in?

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 349 posts · 142 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Todd Douglas:

    @Jeremy Pakalka Hey, what areas do you or your buyers/investors look in?

     All areas of Houston. Galveston to Conroe and Katy to Beaumont.

  • Realtor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2017 · 184 posts · 33 votes
    9y

    @Jeremy Pakalka ok, anybody looking in Michigan, Ohio, Tennessee or Wisconsin?

  • Utica, MI · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    Todd, I am looking to buy in South East Michigan. Mainly Oakland or Macomb counties. If you have anything available I'd love to see it! I do have cash and am looking to buy immediately.

  • Gainesville, FL · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Hi everyone my name is Sabrina Trotter here in the Sunshine State...I am very new to Real Estate Investing...I'm looking to get my foot in the door with my 1st deal...I have been watching alot of the videos...I love the formula Buy Rehab Rent Refiance & Repeat...

    Open to advice or tips as well..thank you...

  • Realtor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2017 · 184 posts · 33 votes
    9y

    Hello @Bridgett Neto, right now Flint, Jackson, Pinckney, and Detroit at the moment. 

  • Realtor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2017 · 184 posts · 33 votes
    9y

    Hey @Sabrina Trotter, What area have you been paying attention to?

  • Utica, MI · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    9y

    OK, thanks. Please keep me in mind if you get anything a little farther north of Detroit.

  • Gainesville, FL · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Hi @ Todd Douglas...the Gainesville area for now...but I am open to being to be coached, mentored, suggestions etc!!!

  • CPA · Pasadena, CA · Member since 2015 · 170 posts · 46 votes
    9y
    Cornelius Garland , sorry- can you define TLO?
  • Investor · Anderson, SC · Member since 2016 · 93 posts · 20 votes
    9y

    An intelligent guess of Skip Trace Software seems like it can reverse search a name to a phone number. Is this correct?

    If so, this is exactly what I need in my drive for dollars search, I can easily get the owner name through tax records but do not know how to contact further. This looks like the missing piece to that puzzle.

    Am I correct? Is this what this software is used for?

  • Wholesaler · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 398 posts · 679 votes
    9y

    @Sean Autry I'm unsure of what TLO stands for but it's a tool from Transunion. You can search it by googling TLOXP. If you get an account, be wary that Transunion isn't fond of us using it for marketing purposes. If you tell them that you're using it for those purposes, then you might not qualify for an account.

  • Ian WalshBusiness Member
    Lender · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    I have never used the software but back in the day there were companies that were very good at this and charged $1-3 per trace.  It can get pricey but at times well worth it.

  • Investor · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 21 posts · 15 votes
    9y

    @Cornelius Garland I'd like to talk to you more about TLO. 

  • Wholesaler · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2015 · 398 posts · 679 votes
    9y

    @Fred Lopez Copy that; I just responded to your colleague request.

  • Developer · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 48 posts · 12 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Rick Carr:

    Is anybody using skip trace software?

    I've been using Intelius but I notice that the numbers there are usually old phone numbers and haven't been able to reach many like that.  Is anyone else using it?  what's your experience with the software?  or is anyone using any other company to get better data.

    I would appreciate the feedback

    thanks,

    Hi Rick, 

    I have been on a quest this month to discover exactly that - a piece of software that gives me the best phone numbers and options. Have you had any luck or additional information since this post?

  • Developer · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 48 posts · 12 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Cornelius Garland:

    @Rick Carr Your cheaper tools will have poor data because they are getting used, and often outdated, data from the credit companies. Intelius is one of those reseller companies. Other companies in the same category are White Pages, Spokeo, and Been Verified. There are other, but those are the main ones I've seen used often. If you plan on keeping skip tracing and cold calling as a strategy in your business model, I highly suggest getting an account from better source, like TLO. The phone numbers are mostly good and I have roughly a 85-95% hit rate when I skip trace my lists. Each of my lists are about 1k leads so only about 40 of those will be bad numbers, which is a good hit rate.

     Sir - in the 30-40 days I have been reading about this specific topic, this is by far the best piece of information I have received. I will eagerly connect with you if I have a little more success to discuss your company. If you have any additional information, please let me know. 

  • Wholesaler · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 78 posts · 32 votes
    9y

    Hire a VA- time consuming skip tracing. I use Upwork to hire a VA that has access to TLO & Lexis Nexis. So far the results have been great!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.