SHTF: "We Buy Houses" Guy Sues When Seller Defaults

SHTF: "We Buy Houses" Guy Sues When Seller Defaults

Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes

The title is short but may not reflect the entire transaction.

Seller was approached by "buyers". After believing all the "buyers" representations were not true, seller defaulted on a contract which he signed. "Buyer" has filed suit and seller has responded with a counter suit. I believe this case will have ramifications for others that want to play the unlicensed brokering game writing contracts with no intention to actually purchase.

Here is the County Case:

Style:COLD HARD DEALS LLC vs ROCCO A BOVENZI
Uniform Case Number:112017CA0004320001XXFiled:03/10/2017
Clerks Case Number:1700432CA
Court Type:CIRCUIT CIVILDisposition Judge:
Case Type:OTHER REAL PROPERTY ACTIONDisposed:
Judge:BRODIE, LAUREN LReopen Reason:
Case Status:PENDINGReopened:
Next Court Date:00/00/0000Reopen Close:
Last Docket Date:04/20/2017Appealed:
PartiesDocketsEventsFinancials
NameTypeDOBCity, State, Zip
COLD HARD DEALS LLCPLAINTIFF
WEST COAST GLOBAL PROPERTIES LPLAINTIFF
BOVENZI, ROCCO ADEFENDANT
DUGAN, RYAN PATRICKPLAINTIFF'S ATTORNEYFORT MYERS, FL 33901
DUGAN, RYAN PATRICKPLAINTIFF'S ATTORNEYFORT MYERS, FL 33901
FISHER, PETER M.DEFENDANT'S ATTORNEYFORT MYERS, FL 33908

"Buyer" cold hard deals LLC is managed by logan hand. You can find some info about logan hand here:

HAND, LOGANComplaint ID1564793
CountyLeeProfessionRevenue Receipt Only - Individual
Street Number6900Complaint Number2015050001
Address Line1DANIELS PARKWAYComplaint ClassUnlicensed Activity
Address Line2SUITE 29-317Entered Date11/16/2015
Address Line3Disposition Date5/5/2016
CityFORT MYERSComplaint DispositionNolle Pros
StateFL
Zip33912
Close Window

Here is the current case which the owner of the house identified in the complain above has filed. Note the state has found his complaint to be "legally sufficient" to be turned over to the state legal department.

HAND, LOGANComplaint ID1641395
CountyLeeProfessionRevenue Receipt Only - Individual
Street Number12421Complaint Number2017011004
Address Line1MCGREGOR BLVD.Complaint ClassUnlicensed Activity
Address Line2Entered Date3/8/2017
Address Line3Disposition Date3/8/2017
CityFORT MYERSComplaint DispositionLegally Sufficient
StateFL
Zip33919

Last but no least, here is information on logan hands attorney:
https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/33901-fl-ryan-dugan...

Note he has been disciplined by the bar.

Note hand is now facing his second complaint dealing with the state. Some guys don't learn the first time.

This is an interesting case to watch. Those putting properties under contract with no intention or ability to close COULD find themselves being sued for FRAUD, FDUPTA, and more. Many of these operators have been MISLED by guru BS. Most of those guys don't know Florida law. In a nutshell: using contracts to circumvent licensing law does NOT work in this state and it is a presumption by the state the person is brokering without a license.

0Reply
107 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 46 posts · 40 votes
8y

Hello Everyone. I have been wanting to chime in here for a while, but was waiting for the legal proceedings to take its course. This case was settled and I think now perhaps I will say a few things: 

For starters I have been Investing In real estate for just under 3 years now and have invested in over 65 houses, bought two apartment buildings and currently own over 30 apartments at 25 years old. I started with nothing, and I am NOT even close to this VIllanous person being described here. This is the first and only time I have ever been in a lawsuit. 

I have fought tooth and nail for everything I have accomplished. 

@John Thedford first off THANK YOU for the learning experience.

You know, I have held a lot of hatred in my heart towards you for quite some time now, but right here and right now Im going to let it go and move on. I can respect your passion for the field, but I just don't understand why you spend so much time trying to be a police officer instead of being productive. 

I find it absolutely baffling that you know of me and have an intimate knowledge of this case because you played a role in it AND were named several times in its documents, but yet you never once have picked up the phone to call me, have coffee, network, or go to lunch? Fort Myers is a small town and almost all the investors know each other. I know some of the best investors in this town and they don't think very highly of you.... Nor do people really even know who you are. 

Instead you choose to make assumptions and make other peoples business look bad by saying certain things like "Fraud" and "never planning on purchasing the home." You know nothing about myself or the access to capital that I have. I have plenty of private money investors that invest with me in partnership to buy houses AND commercial assets. NO, I don't mean investors as in a "buyers list" I mean literally liquid capital provided for me to find suitable investments with. 

These are completely false, and IMO are fraudulent claims about one of my companies. I never place a property under contract that I don't feel completely comfortable closing on with our own capital or my partners. 

I mean how would you feel if someone just made a post that negatively effected your business? Say I made an assumption about you and just put it out there so every time someone googled your name it pulled up? 

As far as what you have to say about assignment of contracts..... For starters you and EVERYONE OUT THERE that maybe listens to you need to realize something. @John Thedford is not an attorney and even if he was what he puts out online is merely his INTERPRETATION OF WHAT THE LAW MEANS. 

Just because he says something is right or wrong does not make it ACTUALLY THAT WAY. Wether you like it or not THESE ARE JUST YOUR OPINIONS regarding the legality of assignment of contracts/"Wholesaling". You or an attorney (which your not)  would have to PROVE without reasonable doubt to a judge/jury that they should INTERPRET the law the same way that you do. 

Everyone should educate themselves on the business of Investing in Real Estate and how its done, but they should also have the choice if they want to be a licensed realtor or not. You don't need to use your scare tactics to make people think they need to get a license. Getting a license is a choice. 

Additionally. I know that YOU are the one that reported me to the DBPR not only once (anonymously) which you left a trace like a fool, but twice! Lets make something crystal clear. The first time the DBPR came back to me after I cooperated fully and RELEASED ME FROM ALL CLAIMS, DROPPING THE COMPLAINT THAT YOU FILED. STATING I DID NOTHING WRONG and was within my rights. 

So what was I supposed to "Learn from the first time" when the own state department is telling me Im not doing anything wrong. 

The second time you coached the seller on how to file to the DBPR and basically wrote the whole entire complaint for them. Now to be clear this is not a fact, but a very calculated assumption, because the seller all of a sudden is able to specifically state florida statutes down to the decimal point........... 

Come on man we aren't idiots we know you went to him and walked him through the whole thing. 

AND AGAIN.... DBPR comes back, I cooperate give them everything they request and they then deem that everything I was within my rights AGAIN. 

If you are going to educate people on the process you should know the actual process. 

When someone gets reported.... WHICH IS FREE TO DO, there is a person that basically fact finds and collects data. After that all the data is placed on one of only 2 state attorneys desks at the DBPR for processing. 

EVERY PERSONS COMPLAINT STATUS GOES TO ""legally sufficient" as it sits on the attorneys desk since they are back logged for a very long time. 

You should also know the DBPR purpose is focused on EDUCATION, not Prosecution. They simply want to let people know if they are making a mistake, and not try to punish them. 

You act like people should be hung up in the city streets. 

TWO last points before I sign off here. 

1). You talk about my attorney and how he previously was reprimanded by the BAR

- Thats his problem and it may be true, it shouldn't reflect anything to do with me. I will say I learned a lesson about being cheap with my attorney. 

No offense man but your the one pointing the finger at other people, yet you turn around and lend money as an HML to a CONVICTED WHITE COLLAR CRIMINAL THAT ACTUALLY SERVED TIME. I wont name names, but if you seriously don't know that one of your biggest borrowers in town served time for Mortgage fraud, you should probably do some research on who you are lending to. 

I think its sort of wrong to run around and say all these other people are bad, yet your lending money to actual bad people? 

2). Your main argument is the marketing of the property? 

- Again this is something left open for interpretation. I never marketed this property nor did I ever need to in order to have the ability to close the transaction. In this case what I know you are going to refer to is someone (I know you know who) fraudulently claimed they were interested in buying me out of my contract rights, and then put it all over craigslist without my knowledge, consent or them having any right to do so. 

I want you to understand that. Maybe you believe me maybe you don't. I would be happy to chat in person or discuss anything you wish. 

You also hide behind a fake alias on Craigslist called "JIMMY B" when your name is John Thedford. I imagine there could be some grey areas having a license and code of ethics yet posing to be someone that you are not online while trying to buy real estate? 

You have thousands of comments on here yet no profile photo? What are you hiding from John? Are you just not that confident in yourself that you have to hide behind computer screens and no profile pics? 

I dont hide. I have a large social media following on instagram a very popular Real Estate Podcast and you can find me wherever you wish. 

Any way. I wont be responding to any comments made after this so you minus well not waste your time. 

You can call me anytime, email me or DM me. 

I wish you the best of luck and I hope you have a great prosperous life that brings you happiness and Joy. 

I think for the both of us, its probably best that this feed gets deleted. Its unnecessary for all of this between both of us. 

Plus if you ever want to lend money to someone that actually isnt a criminal maybe I could be a customer, although I dont need your money. 

Cheers and best of success to everyone. Don't let anyone push you around or try to ruin your business. Bury them in production and Multiply your net worth. 

You can take whatever you want from me, but you can never take my ability to make it all back. 

I have faced much bigger challenges than @John Thedford and will continue to crush them and learn from them. 

@Brit Foshee @Luke Rainone @Andrew Michael @Noel Fernandez @Evan Poole @George Temes 

See this reply in the discussion

44 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor/AZ Agent/Firefighter · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2016 · 48 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    Ha! Had to look up SHTF, but do you know in which states - in addition to FL - is wholesaling considered illegal?

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    @George Temes

    "Wholesaing" in FL IS legal if you are a licensee. Let me clarify my thoughts:
    "Wholesaing"--playing the assignment game
    "Flipping" purchase and then resell. NO license needed. 

    Most of these FRAUDS claim they buy houses, put them under contract, and then try to market the property. That IS illegal unless a licensee. Here is a local guy that HAD contracts but was advertising the houses. Look what he got. He listened to guru BS, and swallowed it hook line and sinker. The guru didn't get in trouble, but HE did.

    RICE, DAVEComplaint ID1546782
    CountyProfessionRevenue Receipt Only - Individual
    Street NumberNONEComplaint Number2015031993
    Address Line1NONEComplaint ClassUnlicensed Activity
    Address Line2Entered Date7/22/2015
    Address Line3Disposition Date3/11/2016
    CityComplaint DispositionNotice to Cease & Desist Issued
    State
  • Investor/AZ Agent/Firefighter · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2016 · 48 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    Yes...I meant as a non-licensed investor. If I were to write a contract on a home, with the intention of assigning my contract's equitable interest for a profit before it closes, that is illegal in Florida?  Where else?

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    @George Temes

    Unless you are licensed here, advertising properties you do not own is brokering. Here is the statute:
    475.43 Presumptions.—In all criminal cases, contempt cases, and other cases filed pursuant to this chapter, if a party has sold, leased, or let real estate, the title to which was not in the party when it was offered for sale, lease, or letting, or such party has maintained an office bearing signs that real estate is for sale, lease, or rental thereat, or has advertised real estate for sale, lease, or rental, generally, or describing property, the title to which was not in such party at the time, it shall be a presumption that such party was acting or attempting to act as a real estate broker, and the burden of proof shall be upon him or her to show that he or she was not acting or attempting to act as a broker or sales associate. All contracts, options, or other devices not based upon a substantial consideration, or that are otherwise employed to permit an unlicensed person to sell, lease, or let real estate, the beneficial title to which has not, in good faith, passed to such party for a substantial consideration, are hereby declared void and ineffective in all cases, suits, or proceedings had or taken under this chapter; however, this section shall not apply to irrevocable gifts, to unconditional contracts to purchase, or to options based upon a substantial consideration actually paid and not subject to any agreements to return or right of return reserved.

    No doubt the state amended the statutes due to the number of "buyers" that were brokering without a license than actually buying. Here is how you stay legal: close on the property and then market it, or get licensed in FL.

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    9y

    @George Temes , I believe it is also illegal in Ohio. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Broken Arrow, OK · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    9y

    @George Temes That's actually illegal in many states.  Although it goes on all the time, its shading the laws.  In Oklahoma for example, the law says you cannot contract to purchase real estate without the "ability and intent" to close on it.  Now, you don't have to close on it, if you wholesale it prior to closing, or if something comes up during your inspections that you decide to back out.  But to admit to not ever having the intent to purchase it, would be illegal.  And those who use contingency clauses just as a way out if they can't find a buyer, is shading the law, and what causes legitimate wholesale/investors to get bad rep. 

    There's a place for wholesalers, I buy a lot of properties from them, and I wholesale a lot of mine myself, but I close on them or have them sold before closing.  But they need to be honest with the homeowners about their intentions.  And if they do not have the ability or intent to close on the deal, they're shading the laws in many states.

    Now one thing that is different in Oklahoma, is once you have a contract on real estate, you can advertise the property for sale/for rent prior to closing. But you better have ability and intention to close, or you could be asking for trouble.

  • Investor/AZ Agent/Firefighter · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2016 · 48 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    Yes. I get that by your interpretation of 475.43, selling a property that one has under contract is illegal...but do you know of any other states where it is similarly not kosher?

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    I saw a draft of the counter claim. If I was the plaintiff I would NOT want to answer the charges in the counter claim:)

    The counter claim was filed yesterday and is now public record. I will post as more info comes available. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @George Temes:

    Yes. I get that by your interpretation of 475.43, selling a property that one has under contract is illegal...but do you know of any other states where it is similarly not kosher?

     That is not my "interpretation"...the statute is clear. The attorney that is representing the defendant in this case stated to me that he researched "wholesaling" and found that it is legal in many states but NOT legal in FL unless a licensee. 

  • Central FL · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    @John Thedford if choose to go into wholesaling and you have a license but it is currently in "voluntary inactive status" because you have not hung your licence with a broker yet..., Are you considered to be operating as an unlicensed person?

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    @Evan Poole
    Yes, it must be active. 

  • Central FL · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    Thank you @John Thedford. Do you currently invest in wholesaling as a realtor, if you don't mind me asking?

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 41 posts · 6 votes
    9y
    What I have learned is that when you get a house under contract and are ready to (sell) assign or hud split, is that you are selling the contract not the house.
  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    @Evan Poole

    I don't. I might take an occasional listing, but want to get my sellers as much as possible if they want a retail sale. If they want to sell fast, I give them that option BUT...I tell them what I will list it for OR buy it for. They are distinctly different prices.

    @Noel Fernandez

    Assigning IS legal but the problem is you cannot advertise the house. Even if you advertise "the contract", when you mention the house, size, age, etc..you are NO LONGER selling a contract you are brokering real estate. See 475.43

  • Lender · Frederick/ Falls Church DC, Maryland & Virginia · Member since 2014 · 794 posts · 612 votes
    9y

    @John Thedford

    Does your position on this issue change if the seller knows exactly what the wholesalers intentions are?  

    I always tell the sellers all of my potential exit strategies up front (keep as rental, flip, wholesale).  I also have them sign a marketing agreement as well as clearly state I may market in the original purchase and sale.  I am very transparent about our entire process as well as all of the possible outcomes.

    I understand the argument of brokering without a license but in MD I think you are way more at risk to break laws by wholesaling WITH a license.  I think (good) wholesalers are good for the free market.

    There is no question many wholesalers are terrible but I have seen just as many bad agents.    

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    9y

    @George Temes  its virtually illegal in all states.. simply read the code about licensure.. first thing in all states.. says bringing two parties together for the expectation of compensation..  that is where a license is needed..   reality is state only has so much man power.. so it just goes on unchecked.

    Just like speeding down the highway at 80 in a 55... you don't get caught no problem you get caught you get a ticket... 

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Andrew Michael:

    @John Thedford

    Does your position on this issue change if the seller knows exactly what the wholesalers intentions are?  

    I always tell the sellers all of my potential exit strategies up front (keep as rental, flip, wholesale).  I also have them sign a marketing agreement as well as clearly state I may market in the original purchase and sale.  I am very transparent about our entire process as well as all of the possible outcomes.

    I understand the argument of brokering without a license but in MD I think you are way more at risk to break laws by wholesaling WITH a license.  I think (good) wholesalers are good for the free market.

    There is no question many wholesalers are terrible but I have seen just as many bad agents.    

     Transparency is the only way IMO. What you do in your state is not legal in FL. In this state, you cannot advertise property you do not own. Getting a signed marketing agreement IS legal..it is called a LISTING! Getting one signed without being licensed does not allow you to break the law and would be no different than getting a signed agreement to rob a bank. Still illegal. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    though I disagree with a couple of posts, my main issues when starting this thread were:

    1. using FRAUD BY INDUCEMENT in dealings
    2. what CAN happen (though probably not often) if the seller becomes educated
    Some "wholesalers" close and then resell. This is legal, but marketing the property without owning it, is NOT in FL. This includes sending out emails, etc. Will most of these guys get caught? Probably not. Why not get a license and then have no issues? Or, purchase the property, market, and then sell. No issues there either. Getting dragged in to court is NOT generally a fun experience:) In fact, dragging someone in to court as the plaintiff is also not "fun". In five years as a landlord, I have been sued once. PITA! I won, but still PITA. I used to be in private lending, small loans, and chased a lot of money. Again, not fun, and more often than not, a bigger PITA than the rewards. 

    I will post updates as they become available. If the defendant (seller) wins, and is awarded attorneys fees (which will be thousands), that will be newsworthy. Last but not least, "buyer" is also being investigated by the state for brokering without a license due to the seller filing a complaint. The outcome of that is not related to the outcome of the civil case. "Buyer" has already had some serious issues with the state for previous complaints, and the state may, at their discretion, bring felony charges if they determine that brokering by an unlicensed person has occurred in this case. 

  • Specialist · Vero Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 44 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    @John Thedford.. is it still illegal even if it states in your contract that you have the authority to market the property for resale prior to close? 

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    @Luke Rainone

    FL law prohibits marketing property you do not own unless licensed. You cannot draw up a contract that is contrary to law. The "buyers" appear to have been brokering RE and using the term "inspectors" to trick the seller when they were probably people the "buyers" wanted to assign to. Furthermore, FL law makes it illegal to use contracts to circumvent licensing and the burden of proof is on the accused. Usually the first offense results in a cease and desist. This is what happened to these guys:
    https://www.myfloridalicense.com/sto/unlicensedact...

    https://www.myfloridalicense.com/sto/unlicensedact...

    They may not be bad guys, but were probably misled by some guru or other unlicensed broker. This is why I post the law frequently so people understand what they can and cannot do. Of course there will always be the frauds and scammers that try and get away with it, hide in the shadows, etc. Sooner or later they will get shut down and these public records don't go away.

  • Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 2 votes
    9y

    @John Thedford, I find it interesting that you make the time to provide "legal advice" without practicing law on this public thread. The individuals you listed acting in "unlicensed activity" have no association with Cold Hard Deals, LLC. You are clearly demonstrating some ethics violations with such "knowledge" of this case. Claiming that these individuals posing as "Inspectors" to trick the seller lacks substance as you have no association with this business transaction which clearly displays your aim is defamation of character in hopes of "shutting down" potential "scammers and frauds". Irregardless of your claim of posting the law to "inform" other individuals who may have been misled displays that your role in this specific case is bigger than you are leading the public on in this thread. It is very curious how much you know of this particular case, and your involvement in this matter. If you are so passionate about individuals who have been "misled by guru BS" then maybe you should offer to council them personally.

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    9y

    @Account Closed

    You are correct the two individuals i listed are not affiliated in any way. I did not mean to infer they are and used their cases purely as education what can happen if someone is found to be brokering without a license. 

    Logan Hand is the manager of Cold Hard Deals LLC. He had one case previously, and now has another active case under investigation by the state for alleged unlicensed activity.

    One can search the court case in Collier County to find the original complaint, the response, etc in the civil case.

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2016 · 46 posts · 40 votes
    8y

    Hello Everyone. I have been wanting to chime in here for a while, but was waiting for the legal proceedings to take its course. This case was settled and I think now perhaps I will say a few things: 

    For starters I have been Investing In real estate for just under 3 years now and have invested in over 65 houses, bought two apartment buildings and currently own over 30 apartments at 25 years old. I started with nothing, and I am NOT even close to this VIllanous person being described here. This is the first and only time I have ever been in a lawsuit. 

    I have fought tooth and nail for everything I have accomplished. 

    @John Thedford first off THANK YOU for the learning experience.

    You know, I have held a lot of hatred in my heart towards you for quite some time now, but right here and right now Im going to let it go and move on. I can respect your passion for the field, but I just don't understand why you spend so much time trying to be a police officer instead of being productive. 

    I find it absolutely baffling that you know of me and have an intimate knowledge of this case because you played a role in it AND were named several times in its documents, but yet you never once have picked up the phone to call me, have coffee, network, or go to lunch? Fort Myers is a small town and almost all the investors know each other. I know some of the best investors in this town and they don't think very highly of you.... Nor do people really even know who you are. 

    Instead you choose to make assumptions and make other peoples business look bad by saying certain things like "Fraud" and "never planning on purchasing the home." You know nothing about myself or the access to capital that I have. I have plenty of private money investors that invest with me in partnership to buy houses AND commercial assets. NO, I don't mean investors as in a "buyers list" I mean literally liquid capital provided for me to find suitable investments with. 

    These are completely false, and IMO are fraudulent claims about one of my companies. I never place a property under contract that I don't feel completely comfortable closing on with our own capital or my partners. 

    I mean how would you feel if someone just made a post that negatively effected your business? Say I made an assumption about you and just put it out there so every time someone googled your name it pulled up? 

    As far as what you have to say about assignment of contracts..... For starters you and EVERYONE OUT THERE that maybe listens to you need to realize something. @John Thedford is not an attorney and even if he was what he puts out online is merely his INTERPRETATION OF WHAT THE LAW MEANS. 

    Just because he says something is right or wrong does not make it ACTUALLY THAT WAY. Wether you like it or not THESE ARE JUST YOUR OPINIONS regarding the legality of assignment of contracts/"Wholesaling". You or an attorney (which your not)  would have to PROVE without reasonable doubt to a judge/jury that they should INTERPRET the law the same way that you do. 

    Everyone should educate themselves on the business of Investing in Real Estate and how its done, but they should also have the choice if they want to be a licensed realtor or not. You don't need to use your scare tactics to make people think they need to get a license. Getting a license is a choice. 

    Additionally. I know that YOU are the one that reported me to the DBPR not only once (anonymously) which you left a trace like a fool, but twice! Lets make something crystal clear. The first time the DBPR came back to me after I cooperated fully and RELEASED ME FROM ALL CLAIMS, DROPPING THE COMPLAINT THAT YOU FILED. STATING I DID NOTHING WRONG and was within my rights. 

    So what was I supposed to "Learn from the first time" when the own state department is telling me Im not doing anything wrong. 

    The second time you coached the seller on how to file to the DBPR and basically wrote the whole entire complaint for them. Now to be clear this is not a fact, but a very calculated assumption, because the seller all of a sudden is able to specifically state florida statutes down to the decimal point........... 

    Come on man we aren't idiots we know you went to him and walked him through the whole thing. 

    AND AGAIN.... DBPR comes back, I cooperate give them everything they request and they then deem that everything I was within my rights AGAIN. 

    If you are going to educate people on the process you should know the actual process. 

    When someone gets reported.... WHICH IS FREE TO DO, there is a person that basically fact finds and collects data. After that all the data is placed on one of only 2 state attorneys desks at the DBPR for processing. 

    EVERY PERSONS COMPLAINT STATUS GOES TO ""legally sufficient" as it sits on the attorneys desk since they are back logged for a very long time. 

    You should also know the DBPR purpose is focused on EDUCATION, not Prosecution. They simply want to let people know if they are making a mistake, and not try to punish them. 

    You act like people should be hung up in the city streets. 

    TWO last points before I sign off here. 

    1). You talk about my attorney and how he previously was reprimanded by the BAR

    - Thats his problem and it may be true, it shouldn't reflect anything to do with me. I will say I learned a lesson about being cheap with my attorney. 

    No offense man but your the one pointing the finger at other people, yet you turn around and lend money as an HML to a CONVICTED WHITE COLLAR CRIMINAL THAT ACTUALLY SERVED TIME. I wont name names, but if you seriously don't know that one of your biggest borrowers in town served time for Mortgage fraud, you should probably do some research on who you are lending to. 

    I think its sort of wrong to run around and say all these other people are bad, yet your lending money to actual bad people? 

    2). Your main argument is the marketing of the property? 

    - Again this is something left open for interpretation. I never marketed this property nor did I ever need to in order to have the ability to close the transaction. In this case what I know you are going to refer to is someone (I know you know who) fraudulently claimed they were interested in buying me out of my contract rights, and then put it all over craigslist without my knowledge, consent or them having any right to do so. 

    I want you to understand that. Maybe you believe me maybe you don't. I would be happy to chat in person or discuss anything you wish. 

    You also hide behind a fake alias on Craigslist called "JIMMY B" when your name is John Thedford. I imagine there could be some grey areas having a license and code of ethics yet posing to be someone that you are not online while trying to buy real estate? 

    You have thousands of comments on here yet no profile photo? What are you hiding from John? Are you just not that confident in yourself that you have to hide behind computer screens and no profile pics? 

    I dont hide. I have a large social media following on instagram a very popular Real Estate Podcast and you can find me wherever you wish. 

    Any way. I wont be responding to any comments made after this so you minus well not waste your time. 

    You can call me anytime, email me or DM me. 

    I wish you the best of luck and I hope you have a great prosperous life that brings you happiness and Joy. 

    I think for the both of us, its probably best that this feed gets deleted. Its unnecessary for all of this between both of us. 

    Plus if you ever want to lend money to someone that actually isnt a criminal maybe I could be a customer, although I dont need your money. 

    Cheers and best of success to everyone. Don't let anyone push you around or try to ruin your business. Bury them in production and Multiply your net worth. 

    You can take whatever you want from me, but you can never take my ability to make it all back. 

    I have faced much bigger challenges than @John Thedford and will continue to crush them and learn from them. 

    @Brit Foshee @Luke Rainone @Andrew Michael @Noel Fernandez @Evan Poole @George Temes 

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    (Wide eyed popcorn eating emoji)
  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    8y

    Public records:
    https://www.myfloridalicense.com/sto/unlicensedact...

    https://www.myfloridalicense.com/sto/unlicensedact...

    I don't care for people that broker without a license. That is a well known fact. I WILL defend the public and educate them every chance I get. 

    SInce when do "inspections" take FIVE MINUTES? Since when are FIVE "five minute inspections" necessary? What is "nolle pros"?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.