Need Purchase and Sale Contract w/ "And Or Assigns Clause"

Need Purchase and Sale Contract w/ "And Or Assigns Clause"

Plano, TX · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 7 votes

Hello. I am brand new to wholesaling and am in search of a good Purchase and Sale Contract w/ "And Or Assigns Clause". I will be doing it mostly in TX and LA so one that works for both states is ideal. I've been looking through the forums but many of the ones I find don't have the clause. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

0Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Attorney/Investor in Lehi, UT · Member since 2016 · 70 posts · 65 votes
9y
Marcel B. , you also do not necessarily have to have a clause per se to make a contract assignable. I would say that there is other language in a contract that can make it assignable without using the exact language "and or assigns" so that you are looking more closely at ALL of the language of an agreement, not just a few specific words. This may help you find more agreements that suit your objectives. The difference in having good contracts and skimping or not using by tried and tested agreements will make all the difference in your business so be sure to get your hands on some good ones.
See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Austin, TX · Member since 2017 · 61 posts · 32 votes
    9y

    @Marcel B.

    I'm not sure if by forums you mean the FilePlace aswell. You can get there by clicking 

    Tools > File Place: Free Forms and Files > Contracts

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/files/category/contracts

  • Attorney/Investor in Lehi, UT · Member since 2016 · 70 posts · 65 votes
    9y
    Marcel B. , you also do not necessarily have to have a clause per se to make a contract assignable. I would say that there is other language in a contract that can make it assignable without using the exact language "and or assigns" so that you are looking more closely at ALL of the language of an agreement, not just a few specific words. This may help you find more agreements that suit your objectives. The difference in having good contracts and skimping or not using by tried and tested agreements will make all the difference in your business so be sure to get your hands on some good ones.
  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Cody Backus thats interesting. I figure a contract would only be assignable with those specific words. What other language could make a contract assignable?

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    @Cody Backus thats interesting. I figure a contract would only be assignable with those specific words. What other language could make a contract assignable?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.