Does the seller need to be present when you assign the contract?

Does the seller need to be present when you assign the contract?

Real Estate Agent · Drexel Hill, PA · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 0 votes
I'm hoping to get started with wholesaling in the next few weeks and I'm trying to get down to the nitty gritty. Do sellers need to be present at the title agency when you assign the contract to the buyer?
0Reply
11 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · St. Louis, MO · Member since 2017 · 109 posts · 77 votes
    9y

    The simple answer is no.  I bought an assigned contract last year and the seller did not have to appear at the closing.  The wholesaler did not appear either.  However, the wholesaler terms where that we had to close at a specific title agency.  No problem on my part, since the financials worked out very well.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.