Allen, TX · Member since 2016 · 15 posts · 26 votes
I have made an offer on a property because the seller said she wouldn't take less than that....here's the problem, contractors and other potential buyers have indicated the numbers don't work and I'm selling too high....What the best way to renegotiate with the seller without coming across like all I'm wanting to do is profit?
Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 807 posts · 274 votes
8y
@Angie A. don't feel the need to shy away from making a profit. You're running a business, not a charity. I would encourage you to speak to the seller about your need to have a win/win transaction. She wins by selling the house as-is, relatively fast and you win by having a profitable transaction. You could present her with the information from the contractors and potential buyers to help. You can't and shouldn't do a deal that doesn't make business sense for you to do. If the Seller is unwilling to move, then cancel your agreement and move on.