Starting My Buyers List But...

Starting My Buyers List But...

Torrance, CA · Member since 2018 · 43 posts · 13 votes

So I've read around BP on posts dealing with building your buyers list. The easiest and simplest methods I've seen again and again are either posting on CL or searching around CL to find the "We buy houses fast" kind of guys. The second method being googling we buy houses + my city or sell house fast + my city to find these people.

I've been trying these methods and especially with googling I'm just running into other wholesalers. So my concern is whether or not adding other wholesalers to my list is normal? I'm still learning the ropes for wholesaling and don't know if it's common to sell to other wholesalers.

I thought buyers lists consisted of flippers and investors so I'm just a little unsure if adding these people to my list is fine and if deals can still be made with them. I'm pretty ignorant to all of this still forgive me but it seems if I have other wholesalers on my list it'd be harder to make a deal because they'd have the same goal in mind that I do.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers!

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 263 posts · 186 votes
8y

@Ray Hernandez I would add going to local REIA's and Meetups to identify potential buyers. I would also try to network with local real estate agents and single family property management firms to get a good grasp on the local investor community.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 263 posts · 186 votes
    8y

    @Ray Hernandez I would add going to local REIA's and Meetups to identify potential buyers. I would also try to network with local real estate agents and single family property management firms to get a good grasp on the local investor community.

  • Real Estate Investor · Palm Beach County, FL · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    The methods you've mentioned are ways to find wholesalers so naturally that's what you're getting.

    Building a buyers list wouldn't be done through those methods. You need to network to create that.

  • Torrance, CA · Member since 2018 · 43 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    @Ryan Cox Great points. I'll need to start branching out in person and here on BP with local flippers and investors.

    @Brian Garrett Yeah I'm going to have to network here on BP and at meetups.

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2014 · 807 posts · 274 votes
    8y

    @Ray Hernandez - you need to look for the Cash Buyer lists and market to them. You can also go to the Foreclosure Auction to talk to people buying properties there to find actual cash buyers. @Ryan Cox's suggestion of local REIA's and networking is also a good way to find buyers.

    I would imagine in the part of California you're in (think I saw it once on Flip or Flop LOL) that you could probably contact Cristina and Tarek El Mousa too! 

  • Torrance, CA · Member since 2018 · 43 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    @Marvin McTaw Haha that'd be pretty cool if I got them a deal. But yeah I'm going to have to be on the lookout and try the auctions you mentioned. That's a great suggestion.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Riverside, CA · Member since 2016 · 130 posts · 105 votes
    8y
    Ray Hernandez best way to find buyers is get a deal.....it’s not hard to give away money. If you got a good deal people will be lined up to buy it
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.