Yonkers, NY · Member since 2017 · 506 posts · 95 votes
My name is Michael Kantar I'm 14 years old and many of you may know me from the past, anyways I have a new question for all of you here! I'm going to be getting started in real estate by doing wholesaling with a person I met, he's going to mentor me, let me do wholesaling contracts under his name, and we'll go from there! He's from Boise Idaho and I'm from Yonkers New York, so I will be doing this virtually. I was wondering if I should do the wholesaling in my market, Boise, or both? Also, if any of you guys have any advice or tips for me in general feel free to tell me I'd greatly appreciate it!
Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
8y
Hi Michael! I love your ambition. I am familiar with many Boise investors and wholesalers. If you would like to message me with additional questions, please feel free to do so. In general -starting anything close to home is a great strategy in my opinion!
Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2009 · 483 posts · 228 votes
8y
Before this thread gets hammered with real estate agents telling you to get a Real Estate license I am going to give my input.
1. When doing virtual wholesaling you should start locally and perfect your systems and processes then move outward.
2. I would be very careful about partnerships when first getting started. I have had several and can count on one hand how many have been successful. Everyone has their own way of doing things and sometimes that can cause unforeseen issues.
Yonkers, NY · Member since 2017 · 506 posts · 95 votes
8y
Wayne Woodson that's a good point, the only reason I'm doing it this way is because I'm 14 and cannot sign a contract by myself, so my partner will mentor me and will sign for me. I will also be doing local in Yonkers New York for myself and in Boise Idaho in his market. I will use this opportunity to learn and apply what I learn on a daily basis!