When and Where to put your BANDIT SIGNS ?

When and Where to put your BANDIT SIGNS ?

Houston, TX · Member since 2010 · 67 posts · 24 votes

Do you guys use any kind of stratigy when putting out your bandit signs ? I know about putting them in the areas where your buyers buy. I was reading another thread and there are wholesalers putting out bandit signs in areas that appeal to THEM,not nesscesarly they buyers ((guess a good deal is a good deal no matter where it is)). What makes an area good for bandit signs? What makes an area bad for bandit signs? (marketing for motivated sellers).

Thanks again BP
Kenneth Lee

1Reply
333 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Orlando, FL · Member since 2008 · 181 posts · 66 votes
15y

I'm going to have to disagree with putting them up on thursday. I prefer to put them up friday any time after 4pm, since this is when the city workers are off. You wouldn't want to put them up Thursday and have them all taken down on friday... but this still does not guarantee they will make it through the weekend.

I choose to put them up every Saturday @ 3 am so there is no traffic and I can put a bunch out. Main roads and busy shopping centers work for me.

Since you are marketing for motivated sellers and you plan to wholesale the properties you don't want to put the signs up in the upscale areas... won't be wholesaling too many expensive houses. I target areas where the homes are in the 50-90k range and BLANKET the entire area. I'm talking 100 sings and put up 4-8 signs at every intersection. Normally takes me 3-4 hours to really crush it, but its well worth it.

See this reply in the discussion

35 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Inspector · Alsip, IL · Member since 2008 · 361 posts · 75 votes
    15y

    Hi Steve,

    I have seen it, but I'm actually with Kenneth on this one. I always use nails with plastic washers on them to give the sign extra stability. I don't mind getting up on the step ladder for now, so I know it's done right. In the future, when I'm a bigshot and stuff I'll hire someone else to do the same :)

  • Real Estate Investor · Honey Brook, PA · Member since 2011 · 33 posts · 6 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Kenneth Lee:
    Originally posted by Steve Babiak:
    Joseph,

    Have you ever seen this:
    http://www.signstapler.com/

    I've seen it.............but its STAPLES, one strong wind and off the pole it goes.

    I haven't tried this, but it makes a lot more sense than staples, same speed.......but with roofing nails. The guy is a genius in my book. lol......no really, he is.
    http://www.signsledge.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X59ZVg6wBg4

    Thanks, Kenneth! :)

  • Real Estate Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 619 posts · 75 votes
    15y

    On Friday I received a large envelope with numerous violations from the city.....not good.

  • Real Estate Investor · Honey Brook, PA · Member since 2011 · 33 posts · 6 votes
    15y

    Check out Google Voice. I hear there are ways to get around the Sign Police.

  • Real Estate Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2011 · 72 posts · 28 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Steve Babiak:
    Joseph,

    Have you ever seen this:
    http://www.signstapler.com/

    A friend has one and it doesn't work very well. We use a Sign Hammer - works great. We put up on telephone polls about 25 every Saturday morning starting at 5 am.

    Driving through an area we haven't been in awhile and seeing one of your signs from about 3 months ago - priceless!

    Sal - yes, Google Voice virtual numbers can keep you a little more anonymous with the city. We try to put signs up only where we see other signs, just so we don't stick out too much. As others have mentioned, busy streets near shopping areas for sellers. The neighborhood our houses are in for buyers...

    We luv signs!

  • Real Estate Investor · Honey Brook, PA · Member since 2011 · 33 posts · 6 votes
    15y

    I make the SignSledge...In a league all it's own!

  • Real Estate Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2011 · 72 posts · 28 votes
    15y
    Originally posted by Sal Pizzurro:
    I make the SignSledge...In a league all it's own!

    Sal - that thing looks great - you can 'em put up so high they'll never get 'em down...

  • Real Estate Investor · Honey Brook, PA · Member since 2011 · 33 posts · 6 votes
    15y

    Thanks Ben! That high is kind of ridiculous but I just wanted to show it can be done. I only go that high when my signs keep disappearing at normal heights (9'-12'). At that point the people taking down my signs just give up :)

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    @Dani Robison would you place signs in front of neighborhood bushes as well? Or only in front of shopping center bushes?

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    Hey you guys I am getting some really great information!

    Hey what you would say is best to get professionally made signs or just make your own signs.

  • Realtor · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2017 · 541 posts · 442 votes
    4y

    As far as when, put them up Friday at like 5 PM after code enforcement is off for the week and take them down Sunday night before code comes back on Monday

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.