BP Calculators are sham, use at your own peril

BP Calculators are sham, use at your own peril

Mobile, AL · Member since 2010 · 238 posts · 44 votes

I watched a dozen or so BP webinars Brandon gave on the much ballyhooed "calculators" and final upgraded to Pro to have access to these calculators. I posted several analysis "to the community" for review and comment and received little to know helpful criticism. I even posted asking if anyone on BP uses the calculators and not one person responded. I should have asked that before I spent $400 upgrading to use the "calculators". When I noticed a few issues where the calculators appeared to not be functioning properly (no information is provided with the calculators, you get just what Brandon uses in the sales pitch every week (like Carlton Sheets). I notified BP via a link they provide for making such a report and got a pathetic response. I was told I should pose the question, of the functionality of the BP calculator, to the community. I sent 3 or 4 analysis' to "customer service" as requested over a period of about 3 months after a chain of emails and never received any direction or support. I checked one of the calculator using a method Brandon himself promoted before the calculators and that method found the calculator to be wrong too. 

I have been a member of BP since 2005ish and it pains me to write this. I have been embarrassed with clients and may have lost deals because the calculator can't seem to determine how much a down payment would be or how to calculate a COC. I am disappointed the calculator I used may or may not work but more disappointed at the anemic to non existent the customer service/"support is. I have asked for a refund but probably the only thing that will happen is this not get posted and a refund not given.

Douglas Haisten 

0Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
7y
Pretty strongly worded title, I've had no issues with the calculators. Maybe @Mindy Jensen can help you with support issues?
See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Robbie ReutzelBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Shirley, MA · Member since 2014 · 305 posts · 211 votes
    7y

    @Doug Haisten

    You sound very frustrated and I'm sorry to hear that.  I have never had an issue with the calculators.  I did have to play with them a little before I could get them to work accurately but now they work great.

    I have always found BP support to be prompt and helpful.

    I hope someone answers your questions.  The calculators are a valuable resource.

    Good luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · St. Petersburg, FL · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Pretty strongly worded title, I've had no issues with the calculators. Maybe @Mindy Jensen can help you with support issues?
  • Hilary C.Pro Member
    Sr. Director of Customer Service · Evergreen, CO · Member since 2014 · 79 posts · 63 votes
    7y

    @Doug Haisten

    Thank you for letting us know! I am the Director of Customer Experience and Support here at BiggerPockets, and I am very sorry about your experience on our site with the calculators, and also with your time speaking with our Support team. We truly value your opinion, and being a member with us - so I am very sorry you feel you were let down by us.

    The calculator in question is designed to actually provide the purchase price for you, based on a variety of factors that you input. The ARV, the expenses, etc. are all entered to calculate the MAO. The calculator informs you the max price you should offer according to the criteria you enter.

    Here is an example: Based on income, expenses, and other information provided, the maximum purchase price you could pay for this property would be $115,700.00. This would allow you, the wholesaler, to make a profit of $25,000.00 and allow the landlord to pay $140,700.00 and achieve a return of investment of 12.00%.

    If you would still like a refund for your membership after receiving this information, please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] - and I will happily do so for you.

    Have a great day, and again - we are so sorry for any inconvenience we caused you.

    BiggerPockets
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.