Probate - Send Letter to PR and Heirs?

Probate - Send Letter to PR and Heirs?

Rental Property Investor · New Britain, CT · Member since 2010 · 22 posts · 23 votes

Hello all!

For those of you who market to probate deals, do you have a better response and success rate mailing letters to the Beneficiaries/Heirs as well as the Personal Rep/Executor? Or do you find it just as good to send a letter just to the PR (Personal Rep).

I am trying to figure out if it is worthwhile for me to send a letter to the heirs as well.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2Reply
175 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Mobile, AL · Member since 2010 · 138 posts · 55 votes
15y

100% executor. They're the decision maker. If there are co-executors, I mail to them both. Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

29 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    Hi All.  The letter template discussed earlier is in the line of an individual wanting to purchase property in the area as no mention of business is mentioned.

    One question around this:  What phone # / email are you providing for call back?  Your personal cell or do you maintain a different line which is made to resemble an end buyer?

    I've been sending probate letters within company logo, contact info, etc with a very low response rate to letters and follow up postcards.

    If I switch to this more personal letter, wonder if I should give out my cell or allow the calls to funnel through my business line.

    Appreciate any feedback

    -FQ

  • Lender · Greater LA/Orange County area, CA · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    The prior poster asks how to find the contact info for parties to the estate. You may notice that this is a thread began (5) years ago. Kids have been born and are starting kindergarten since it was first posted.

    Of course, probate is evergreen. 

    Part of the issue is direct response marketing fatigue by targets who just are compelled by your message and competing marketers. 

    If you switch to a non-biz message I suggest that your letter has only one, single job, and that is to get the reader to take a single action. For a personal-type piece it should be a phone number and should be very simple. Don't give them multiple options. Just one way to reach you thru a single method. 

    Also, you can use a call center with scripted operators to capture caller info live.

  • Specialist · Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 231 votes
    9y

    It's been a few months since you posted your question @Allan Smith but all you need to do is go down to the Davidson county probate court. I have sourced 100's of probate records there in the past. They have most of the probate cases along with the documents available via computer terminals. Just search for the probate filings in the date ranges you are looking for. Ask the clerk if you have any issues. Once you open a probate case look for the "petition to probate" document, open it and it will have the information you are looking for... executor and heir addresses, even attorney contact info if you choose to go that route. 

  • Broomfield, CO · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    A lesson to be learned from my own bungled experience. I sent out a batch of letters to PR's and beneficiaries expressing my condolences for their loss of loved ones as well as my desire to buy the property. I received a couple of phone calls from people who's loved ones hadn't yet passed. Ummm... I felt like sh** and it was my own dumb fault. I'm more careful about my list and I have shied away from expressing my condolences or any mention of passed loved ones. I think a simple message about buying property fast in "as-is" condition is what works best for me. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.