REO deal with $30k. MY FIRST DEAL! Please Help!

REO deal with $30k. MY FIRST DEAL! Please Help!

Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes

This is my first potential deal. A family member is working at a bank that is elimintating their home lending program. They have one loan left that is foreclosure and going to auction in January. Selling for $45k and has $30k equity in it. House has been recently rehabbed and appraised at $70k. I have unofficially comped houses around the area max $85k. I have yet to see in nor have any other info as in beds/baths. I will have pics soon. 

Is wholesaling the best approach? Or should I do a JV deal for sweat equity?I have no capital to invest of my own to buy and sell the property. I also am in a family of contractors and will have my real estate license in a couple of weeks.

If wholesaling,  where do I find a legal purchase agreement? Can someone help with my next steps please?? 

Thank you! 

" You're only one deal away from changing your life". - Unknown

Brittany 

0Reply
17 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    Banks typically will not allow transfer of title for 90 days minimum or assignment. Line up cash to purchase it yourself. You MAY be able to purchase the NP loan and then foreclose if that is your intention. Of course, foreclosures are typically done at auction and the high bidder gets title. 

  • Flipper · Fort Myers, FL · Member since 2017 · 182 posts · 98 votes
    7y

    Get a hard money loan to take the house down.  And cash out refi 6 month later.   You are saying it is recently rehabbed and appraised at 70k ?  So where is that 85k number come from though.  It is not really a deal for me if it is valua at 70k. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.