Does Arizona have a good marketplace for wholesaling?

Does Arizona have a good marketplace for wholesaling?

Woodside, NY · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 1 vote

I live in New York City but everything is too expensive there. Would Arizona be a better starting spot?

0Reply
17 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Basit SiddiqiBusiness Member
    Accountant · New York, NY · Member since 2015 · 8k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Arturo Andres Lara

    First of all Arizona is a big state - have you drilled down to a specific city?

    Why did you pick Arizona out of all the states - did you grow up in the state, do you have family there, did you go to college there? If any of the previous questions are yes - you may have a competitive advantage over others as you may be aware of what streets are good and upcoming.

  • Woodside, NY · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Basit Siddiqi ahh yes I do have family that lives in Arizona. Actually around the Phoenix area. So I’d say probably Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Queen creek. I know homes here are much more reasonable for a working family. In nyc a home around my area is min 800k- 1M

  • Realtor / Attorney · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2018 · 388 posts · 265 votes
    7y

    We certainly have MUCH lower entry price points than you'll find anywhere on the East Coast! Feel free to PM any questions about specific areas, properties, etc. Would love to help you out with any AZ info you need! 

  • Lender · Texas; Arizona · Member since 2019 · 276 posts · 282 votes
    7y

    @Arturo Andres Lara

    There are opportunities in Arizona, specifically the Phoenix valley, but also a lot of wholesalers and investors. The population continues to grow and the market has had decent growth in recent years. With all the wholesalers I wouldn’t let it deter someone from entering this market. There are many private money lenders that are established that will work with newbies, contractors that have completed flips looking for more work, and some great real estate groups (AZREIA) where you can meet other investors willing to share knowledge and success stories. DM me if you questions about specific cities, active wholesalers, and private money lending.

  • Real Estate Agent · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2012 · 640 posts · 457 votes
    7y

    @Arturo Andres Lara you'd be coming to a crowded pond with many wholesalers doing dozens of deals a month, or even per week. They spend thousands on advertising mailers, calls, bandit signs, etc to keep that deal pipeline full. 

    I've seen a few of them are even hiring for entry level type work, but with lots of potential. Basically hustling making calls, following up with leads, going to seller appointments. That could be a good way to get your foot in the door. 

  • Woodside, NY · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Ryan Swan I figured I’ve noticed a lot of people have started to do wholesaling! I was interested that because I’m just beginning to do my research and learn more about real estate. However, my main focus is now on finding a good market to purchase good property for positive cash flow. I was looking into the east valley here in Arizona and I’m going to start to do some research in houston Texas as well! I appreciate all the insight with wholesaling though!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.