Greetings wholesalers in the Atlanta area!

Greetings wholesalers in the Atlanta area!

Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes

Hello BP wholesaling friends,

My name is Daniel Haynes, and I am excited to meet you all! I am an Atlanta area (Gwinnett County) family-man and college teacher who wishes to take more control of my financial independence so that I can spend more time and money on developing my ministry. If you are like me, often working for money severely reduces the amount of time I can spend on the things I am passionate about, which in my case is development of a Christian monastic community. I might be the first investor monk on the forums!

I am fairly new to real estate investing. I say “fairly” because my wife and I were landlords for 10 years, but it was basically renting out our first starter home. It was a cute 100 year old cottage near the town square of Marietta, GA, my favorite place I have lived outside of Europe.

The last 5 years rented out the place for less than the mortgage because I had a solid long term paying tenant. After a plumbing, AC, a giant dead 200+ year old oak tree removal, and the "good" tenant leaving 6 weeks of repair and cleaning work, we had to unload the property. We made 24k from the sale but after all the CapEx costs the net was only 5k.

I spent the last couple of years discouraged from real estate investing, but after re-reading “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” again I want to get back on the FI trail by building cash flow streams. After listening to many BP Podcasts, I am leaning towards starting with wholesaling to build capital. So, my goal to meet some fine folks here’s on BP whom I can learn from and bring a value add to their business, in particular I want to learn about wholesaling in the Atlanta area. So I can’t wait to get to know some of you in that market.

Best,

Daniel

0Reply
19 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    7y

    Daniel,  welcome to Bigger Pockets. Good luck and let me know if I can be of assistance.

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Bill Hampton Hi Bill, it is a pleasure to meet you! Are you a CPA?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    Get a website. Make it credible. Do SEO, and the leads will flow in.

    Once this happens, you WILL become filthy..

    rich

    I know this is very broad advice and it seems far fetched but BELIEVE ME do this and you WILL thank me!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.