Is there any books on wholesaling you recommend ?

Is there any books on wholesaling you recommend ?

Louisville, KY · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 4 votes

Which books would a wholesaler recommend?

2Reply
144 views

Most Popular Reply

Mustang, OK · Member since 2018 · 154 posts · 110 votes
7y

Here are a few books I'd recommend:

  • If You Can't Wholesale After This: I've Got Nothing For You...by Todd Fleming
  • Wholesaling Bank Owned Properties: Learn How to Wholesale and Flip Houses by Lex Levinrad
  • The Book on Investing In Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down: Real Life Strategies for Investing in Real Estate Using Other People's Money by Brandon Turner
See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Gardena, CA · Member since 2017 · 445 posts · 398 votes
    7y

    'The Book OF Hard Knocks' I don't think you will ever find a book about real estate investing that is not 99.89% B.S..

    I want to barf when I read books about real estate investing.  I was recently looking at one of Robert Kiyosaki's books (not Rich Dad, Poor Dad) and the book has some fairly good teachings (not about wholesaling). Can't remember the name of the book, but it is (was) currently on sale at a book store.

  • Rental Property Investor · Mckinleyville, CA · Member since 2018 · 43 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    @Lucas Ritter Great question! I just was speaking with an elderly real estate agent who had not even heard of wholesaling real estate. He was an instructor for a class geared toward studying to pass the state exam (Not investing). He told me that its not legal to make cold calls as an agent in California. He admitted to not knowing everything (and I started questioning his answers). I love soaking up knowledge anywhere I have the opportunity. The bigger pockets community is great for that. Although some people are more helpful than others. 

    A question I had was "do you need a realtors licence to do wholesaling in California?".  

  • Mustang, OK · Member since 2018 · 154 posts · 110 votes
    7y

    Here are a few books I'd recommend:

    • If You Can't Wholesale After This: I've Got Nothing For You...by Todd Fleming
    • Wholesaling Bank Owned Properties: Learn How to Wholesale and Flip Houses by Lex Levinrad
    • The Book on Investing In Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down: Real Life Strategies for Investing in Real Estate Using Other People's Money by Brandon Turner
  • Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Lucas Ritter

    Hello Lucas,

    "You're Only One Deal Away" by Edward Hayes

    Is a great guide.

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Brandon Shoults:

    @Lucas Ritter Great question! I just was speaking with an elderly real estate agent who had not even heard of wholesaling real estate. He was an instructor for a class geared toward studying to pass the state exam (Not investing). He told me that its not legal to make cold calls as an agent in California. He admitted to not knowing everything (and I started questioning his answers). I love soaking up knowledge anywhere I have the opportunity. The bigger pockets community is great for that. Although some people are more helpful than others. 

    A question I had was "do you need a realtors licence to do wholesaling in California?".  

    @Jay Hinrichs  should be able to answer your question. I believe CA has enacted tougher laws on unlicensed brokering.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Willow Grove, PA · Member since 2015 · 355 posts · 104 votes
    7y

    @Lucas Ritter - I would recommend books on marketing and sales if you want to learn about wholesaling. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.