Free Yellow Letters and Postcards

Free Yellow Letters and Postcards

Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes

I want to help someone either jump start their career or continue it.

I'm offering to send out 3000 Yellow Letters and 3000 Postcards over the next 3 months, answer your phone, review each call with you and help you put the deal together.

And I am willing to do this for Free.

If you would like to do this with me please reply with your resume of sorts. The candidate should be able to commit to this with their time, energy and willingness. Ill be selecting the person who posts the best resume for the opportunity for success.

I will also take into the decision process the person with the most "votes" on their resume.

@Joshua I hope this is acceptable..

14Reply
113 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Hackettstown, NJ · Member since 2011 · 206 posts · 62 votes
14y

Hi Michael Quarles & fellow BPers,

Wow, another incredible opportunity from Michael. Thank you Sir!

In full disclosure, I have already won his past promotion to the very first BP REI Summit, where he not only paid for the ticket, but also allowed and extra $500 for flight/expenses or whatever! Needless to say, I learned a lot. If memory serves me correctly, their were three winners (and no losers!). I was hoping to meet him, but business kept him away! I also must say to my best friend, my wife, who had serious doubts about this, and thought it was some sort of scam. I must say she was truly shocked to see the check come in from California!

So, I am not sure if the rules will exclude me from winning again, but I will try again.

Well back on my New Years Resolution, I had hoped to get something going small like the Little Train that could, with some Bandit signs. Well I did that but have had no deals from it. (a lot of people wanting to get rid of land in NJ). Anyway, I started concentrating on three different REI groups around NJ and collecting a couple good "rehabbers" & "investors" cards. I also felt a weakness with knowing the Rehab costs, so I invested in two one day seminars on estimating the cost of a rehab, and an actual bus tour with two rehabbers. Now I am feeling so much more confident, when I estimate the cost. This will help propel my Wholesale business, which I want to eventually turn into a rehab business. I really love some of these old homes here in NJ! I also (in the last two weeks) acquired my NJ RE License, so now I have access to comps!

Here comes the dilemma... $Money$. While I make OK money @ 45 years of age, without a college degree, just some IT certifications, I have three kids... live in NJ (pretty expensive), and a stay-at-home wife! All that, and I work in the Print industry, and my job is now being "off-shored", so only a matter of time, if you know what I mean! We also just got hit hard with some Medical bills (deductable stuff), and had our Orthodontist skip out of town, so we had to start over with another one. No excuses, I know! But my wife does the bills, and their is just not enough to spend extra on postcards & postage! So bandit signs and MLS it is till I find that first deal!

As I stated in a previous thread... "REI and truly realize that is where I can (will) become financially independent. (no not looking to make millions). My ultimate goal would be to have enough passive income to cover my life expenses and have no debt. (now that should be the "American Dream"!). I am lucky enough to have three great kids & wife, and an un-paid roof over our heads!"

Now that I have the some education (BP & local REI), and some tools (MLS), I just need the means! Please cast a vote my way and I promise to pay it forward!

Bigger Pockets, Yeah Baby!

~ Keith

See this reply in the discussion

38 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2011 · 673 posts · 360 votes
    14y

    Congrats Keith Lutz hopefully this is the jumpstart for something big for you!

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles/Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2011 · 102 posts · 14 votes
    14y

    Congrats Keith Lutz!! I wish you great success.

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2011 · 36 posts · 9 votes
    14y

    You, sir, are awesome.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bakersfield, CA · Member since 2008 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    14y

    Jessica. I think the awesome ones are people like Joshua who built this thing or those that spend hours answering questions they've answered before many time without belittling the poster.

    The new people who launch in even when feeling a little crazy. Or the first time poster.

    The guy or gal who has committed themselves to this great profession or the one who can't wait.

    Those are awesome people. Myself I've just been lucky and think the best thing to do with money I'll never spend is give back. It doesn't make me awesome. and frankly it helps me understand the question of "why".

  • Real Estate Broker · United States · Member since 2012 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    14y

    Michael Quarles,

    Thanks for the investment and potential opportunity. I am driven to get my business of the ground and get a deal done. I am reaching out to you because I would cherish the investment on your end. The success that will come from this will be life changing for my wife and I. We are late 20s and have had a journey to get to this point. I believe that I have sincere intentions and a solid work ethic toward this venture.

    A break such as this is something that you can't always explain why you were chosen but you can always look back and know it was a difference maker. 3000 yellow letters can result in helping my wife out, family, and church out.

    Thank you for your consideration.

  • Real Estate Investor · Grand rapids, MI · Member since 2013 · 96 posts · 10 votes
    13y

    Wow Michael Quarles..... All I have to say is I just gained a lot of respect for you. I know this is an old thread but I ran across it from a google search for cheap direct mail yellow letters. I just started wholesaling this year on March 9 because of my cousin happened to tell me about it on March 7. At that time I had an alright job and didn't really pay any mind to it because I recently learned I was going to be a father in the every near future! Needless to say on my birthday March 9 I got laid off. So now with very little money, no job, and a baby on the way I said what the heck and dove in. I just crossed my one month anniversary with wholesaling and must say I love it. I also love I get to encounter people like you that I would have probably never crossed paths with otherwise. Now a days it is rare for people to have a heart for others anymore and it seems like they are forgetting their calling from the lord. Anyways enough about the rambling. I just had to say that as soon as I can save enough money to use your product you will have a customer for life. Hats off to you have my respect Mr. Quarles. Thanks for giving me the proof that people are still good out there. Keep on rocking it Michael and I appreciate all of your information and responses you have shared with us all! God Bless

  • Rehabber · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2013 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    Cameron,

    I do agree with you, that was a pretty awesome gift to give someone out here on Bigger Pockets. I have been reading a ton of marketing material from Michael Quarles and learning a lot.

    I am fairly new to Bigger Pockets as well, and like you I am going to be a new dad soon. So the best of luck to you Cameron, and hopefully I will run into you again.

    And ya never know, maybe Michael will do that awesome give away again to help someone out.

  • Midvale, UT · Member since 2013 · 60 posts · 10 votes
    13y

    @michael Quarles this was a very cool thing. I know you said you weren't going to do a "diary", but how about a general update?

    You are one of the many reasons that BP is such a great community and resource!

  • Real Estate Agent · Hackettstown, NJ · Member since 2011 · 206 posts · 62 votes
    13y

    It might be better, if I gave a reply. Michael Quarles, was so down to earth and a very humbled person. Every day in the beginning we would talk for a half hour or so, and he would teach me awesome stuff, not just about Real Estate but about dealing with people and things he has seen over the years. I'm pretty sure I said it, but a big, THANK YOU Michael!

    Yellow Letters definitely gave over a 10% response rate, while postcards in my area, I do not think hit even the .5% response rate that can be considered normal.

    As far as actual deals go, well I am hopefully about to close on one from this mailing on May 2nd. Also because I have my real estate license, I have acquired a listing from someone that would not go for the low offer. Also I should be getting another listing off of these mailings real soon.

    It was a great experience, and I hope to be able to pay forward someday myself.

  • Rehabber · Minneapolis, MN · Member since 2013 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    13y

    Keith Lutz, That's awesome. Thanks for the update. The longer I am in this business, the more I realize, It's a people business. That's why one of my favorite Books / Audio program is "How To Win Friends & Influence People". It's so powerful.

    So you had great luck with the yellow letters? Sounds like it. What a great response rate. Best of luck on that deal your working on. Way To Go!

    I also see that you are getting listings as an agent, when you run into sellers who don't go for the lower price, Great Idea. Would love to hear more about that in the future.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Santa Barbara, CA · Member since 2012 · 233 posts · 45 votes
    13y

    What a great opportunity offered by a stand up guy! Too bad I didnt see this thread until now! Congrats to the winner...

  • Matthews, NC · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Wow, this was an amazing offer. I am just getting started myself and this would have been perfect. Maybe Michael will do it again.

  • Wholesaler · West Chester, PA · Member since 2012 · 14 posts · 19 votes
    11y

    Michael,

    Not sure if you are still interested in doing the 3,000 postcards but if you are, I'd love to talk with you.

    Please call me at 484-467-6288

    Thanks -

    Jason Stackhouse, Stack Investments, LLC

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.