New to real estate investing, and have not made any deals yet. I have started looking into Akron Ohio and was wondering if anyone had a map with some neighborhood grades. I am also looking into surrounding areas such as Ellet. Any information on these areas would be great!
Rental Property Investor 路 Wooster, OH 路 Member since 2014 路 72 posts 路 41 votes
6y
Hey Matt. Would love to help you out with this. I don't have a map but can kind of give you an idea on the good/bad areas.
Some of the nicer areas include Firestone Park (44301), Wallhaven (44313) and Ellet (44312).
Some decent rental areas would be parts of East Akron (44306), Goodyear Heights (44305), parts of North Hill (44310), Kenmore (44314), parts of West Akron (44320)
Some of the rougher areas are around the zoo (44307) and south akron/summit lake (44301) and the areas right around downtown are typically a little rougher although you can find some good spots here and there.
Engineer 路 Fawn Grove, PA 路 Member since 2015 路 93 posts 路 10 votes
6y
Matthew,
i have a 4 plex in akron, down the street from St. Vincent's school. This area is in a UD40A development zone, meaning they are looking to repopulate the area with small / home based businesses.
reach out and let me know if you have any questions
Rental Property Investor 路 Wooster, OH 路 Member since 2014 路 72 posts 路 41 votes
6y
Hey Matt. Would love to help you out with this. I don't have a map but can kind of give you an idea on the good/bad areas.
Some of the nicer areas include Firestone Park (44301), Wallhaven (44313) and Ellet (44312).
Some decent rental areas would be parts of East Akron (44306), Goodyear Heights (44305), parts of North Hill (44310), Kenmore (44314), parts of West Akron (44320)
Some of the rougher areas are around the zoo (44307) and south akron/summit lake (44301) and the areas right around downtown are typically a little rougher although you can find some good spots here and there.
i have a 4 plex in akron, down the street from St. Vincent's school. This area is in a UD40A development zone, meaning they are looking to repopulate the area with small / home based businesses.
reach out and let me know if you have any questions
I'm looking at a 14 unit down the street from St. Vincent high school.
its actually behind the "I promise school".
any idea on that area or what I can expect for a newly renovated 1br?
I just purchased a 12 unit apartment building about 4 miles away from St. Vincent high school. My appraisal said market rent for the area is $900 for 1 bed and $1000 for 2 bed units. Although I am having my property manager and agent list them at $850 for the 1 bed and $1000 for the 2 bed. So far, no push back for the $850 for the 1 bed units. We'll see what people say once the 2 bed units are ready to market. In the process of renovating all units and exterior of building to help justify the increased rental rate. Apparently Akron prices are going up very quickly due to the new Amazon distribution center.
I just purchased a 12 unit apartment building about 4 miles away from St. Vincent high school. My appraisal said market rent for the area is $900 for 1 bed and $1000 for 2 bed units. Although I am having my property manager and agent list them at $850 for the 1 bed and $1000 for the 2 bed. So far, no push back for the $850 for the 1 bed units. We'll see what people say once the 2 bed units are ready to market. In the process of renovating all units and exterior of building to help justify the increased rental rate. Apparently Akron prices are going up very quickly due to the new Amazon distribution center.
Investor 路 Youngstown, OH 路 Member since 2017 路 2k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
3y
I run a meetup in the greater Akron area. If you'd like to attend and get firsthand knowledge of the market, let me know and I'll PM you more info! Meetups are easily the best place to learn about a market.
i have a 4 plex in akron, down the street from St. Vincent's school. This area is in a UD40A development zone, meaning they are looking to repopulate the area with small / home based businesses.
reach out and let me know if you have any questions
I'm looking at a 14 unit down the street from St. Vincent high school.
its actually behind the "I promise school".
any idea on that area or what I can expect for a newly renovated 1br?
thanks a lot.
@Derek Bishop was that the Oakdale property? I see that it is still listed. Can you tell me what turned you off of the property?