is Propstream a good place to skip trace?

is Propstream a good place to skip trace?

Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 2 votes

Hey there,

I recently signed up for Propstream and I am curious what people think about its skip tracing service. If not what is the best one out there?

0Reply
267 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler · Louisville · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 9 votes
6y

@Jonah Korchin

I love propstream!!

Now with that said, I DO NOT TRUST THEIR SKIP ABILITIES.

Why?

They started as a data company and I believe that’s what they are great at. You will notice they are adding features like skip tracing to be more competitive in the software industry. Which is fine.

However, you have to ask yourself where the data is coming from while also weighing other factors such as price/accuracy.

To me accuracy is most important because you don’t want to pay for bad data or waste your time/ money marketing to the wrong people.

The other person that replied said they tried it and got 30 accurate number out of 100, YIKES!!

Personally the only service I will ever use is batch skipping tracing. I have used a few others like rei skip (Max maxwells skip service) and true people search (free service) with no luck. I was actually pretty upset with how bad rei skip was in my market, i still have credits that I’ll probably never use with them... you can have them.

Batch has given me great success and they gave me a discount code after my first batch of skips for .15 cent skips. I believe they have a minimum of 50 skips per batch.

Hope this helps! Best of luck!

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    I've been using Propstream for a few weeks. If I skiptrace 100 numbers, about 20-30 of them will be the correct number. That's not terrible given what you're doing, but I've gone to truepeoplesearch.com and have found correct numbers there. I'm by no means saying Propstream skiptracing is bad, but a backup is never a bad idea. 

    Also, truepeoplesearch.com is free. So there's that.

  • Wholesaler · Louisville · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @Jonah Korchin

    I love propstream!!

    Now with that said, I DO NOT TRUST THEIR SKIP ABILITIES.

    Why?

    They started as a data company and I believe that’s what they are great at. You will notice they are adding features like skip tracing to be more competitive in the software industry. Which is fine.

    However, you have to ask yourself where the data is coming from while also weighing other factors such as price/accuracy.

    To me accuracy is most important because you don’t want to pay for bad data or waste your time/ money marketing to the wrong people.

    The other person that replied said they tried it and got 30 accurate number out of 100, YIKES!!

    Personally the only service I will ever use is batch skipping tracing. I have used a few others like rei skip (Max maxwells skip service) and true people search (free service) with no luck. I was actually pretty upset with how bad rei skip was in my market, i still have credits that I’ll probably never use with them... you can have them.

    Batch has given me great success and they gave me a discount code after my first batch of skips for .15 cent skips. I believe they have a minimum of 50 skips per batch.

    Hope this helps! Best of luck!

  • Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Thank you guys!

  • Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2019 · 95 posts · 65 votes
    6y

    Hey @Jonah Korchin , I have an in-house skip tracing team that I run all my data through for my wholesaling business. Feel free to connect if you want to run your lists through our system! As long as the list is above 100 records we can do it for ya!

  • Realtor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Paul Logsdon omg thank you! I thought I was the only one not happy with REI SKIP! Smh I had high hopes and was really getting discouraged. But thank you for letting us know!

  • Wholesaler · Louisville · Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @Shayleen Minott I can not stand REI skip! I still have unused credits with them, such low quality data. I use batch skip tracing and I honestly believe it is the best there is, I have had great results with them.

  • CA · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Hi Jonah. Do you still have your skip tracing service? How accurate is it and how much is it per lead? Thx

  • Specialist · Denver · Member since 2021 · 159 posts · 101 votes
    5y

    I'll try to be objective here but I think you'll find that Sherpa has very high quality skip tracing as well. It produces credit bureau level data, skip traces LLCs, corporations, individuals and trust, while only charging you for only the data that you actually get back as new. 

    It may sound bias but my suggestion is also coming from understanding what happens backstage.

  • Rental Property Investor · Napa, CA · Member since 2016 · 68 posts · 57 votes
    5y

    Hi everyone - resurrecting this old thread.

    I've used Propstream for skiptracing the last year or two with relatively good success. Mostly for now-and-then cold seller reach outs for specific properties. Recently I've started ramping up my cold calling with a VA and have invested in an outbound dialer platform, Batch Dialer. I'd also heard that Batch Skip Tracing provided more accurate phone records, so it seemed like a perfect time to switch over to that service as well.

    However, I'm having issues with my connection rate of the lists pulled from Batch Skip Tracing. The pickup rate is at about 16% versus some of my Propsteam list are above 30% hits. Which seems strange because I keep hearing feedback that Batch is more accurate than Propsteam. I'm trying to weed out all of the variables here. Right now my VA is spending too much time waiting for sellers to pick up and something seems off. Has anyone else run in to this sort of issue?

  • Jp KilduffPro Member
    Wholesaler · Brevard Co. Florida · Member since 2016 · 395 posts · 76 votes
    5y

    Be sure to use a texting campaign with those wireless numbers. Find a skip tracing company that also has an affiliate referral program too.

  • Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 48 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    I started using Batch last year and had success.  I paused and have recently resumed but am trying Propstream.  Jury is still out but after two weeks, the Live call stats are low compared to my skips from Batch.  You get what you pay for sometimes!

  • Wholesaler · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
    5y

    Take this how you will. One list of highly targeted leads (so a small number) in Propstream left me with a lot of bad numbers (disconnected / wrong person). I put that same list in Batch skip and I had more pickups and connections from those same people. I pay for both I love the Propstream UI, but I export all of my lists to be skipped in Batch.

  • West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Daeshawn Ballard how many deals are yo u closing a month using batch?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.