Wholesaling full time at home for 3 months - need guidance

Wholesaling full time at home for 3 months - need guidance

Wholesaler · NJ / NY · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 3 votes

I'm wholesaling from home full time for the next 3 months with a partner. I'm looking for any advice and guidance on what to look into information wise and anything anyone recommends to overall improve.

Some information about where we are at;

We currently have 2 triple line Mojo Dialers

- with four part time in-house cold callers (16 hours of calling done per day)

I launched Carrot Premium, thinking about their SEO service to really nail down the website. Previously had a custom website built but I wasn't a huge fan + Carrot has easy to deal with data. We hired a marketing team to do PPC leads over the next 4 months at around $3,000 p/mo

We use Podio to deal with all of our hot leads and buyers, currently are looking at ways to attack all leads so nothing goes to waste - even if we pass it to another wholesaler / outsource to realtor / etc . And will run comps using Propstream , Zillow , redfin, etc on anything necessary.

At the rate we're going now we can hit 96 hrs of calling p/wk + PPC marketing will begin within a week or two.

From what I understand, every state you enter you generally should contact an attorney to write up a personalized contract? I see some people using very simple forms but meanwhile I'm contacting attorneys and paying $600 for a contract fit to our needs.

I'm looking for any advice or information I should be directing myself towards. I have 3 months to see if this can be end up being something or not. My partner and I personally have funds to protect us and possibly buy a property or two ourselves but as of now we want to wholesale + pass any interesting leads off (which we do get plenty that are out of our hands dealing with)

1Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Austin TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Frank J Miller Jr It sounds like you spent a lot of time getting a system in place. Have you spent any time putting lead lists together? Do you have a marketing plan? A marketing plan is essential if you are going to be successful. Do your callers have a script or have you given them any kind of coaching or direction on what to say? I tell all new wholesalers that they should start by making their own calls because they will get a feel for how they want their callers to talk to sellers. Its very hard to teach someone to do something you have never done. Also, you should be using the contract that was created for your state. Having an attorney draft a contract when there is already one created for your state is unnecessary. Do you have a title company? Does that title company do double closings and assignments?

    It seems like you are almost there.

    Ive been wholesaling for about 6 years and you are one of the most prepared newbie Ive seen so far! Keep up the good work!

  • Wholesaler · NJ / NY · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Lydia R.:

    @Frank J Miller Jr It sounds like you spent a lot of time getting a system in place. Have you spent any time putting lead lists together? Do you have a marketing plan? A marketing plan is essential if you are going to be successful. Do your callers have a script or have you given them any kind of coaching or direction on what to say? I tell all new wholesalers that they should start by making their own calls because they will get a feel for how they want their callers to talk to sellers. Its very hard to teach someone to do something you have never done. Also, you should be using the contract that was created for your state. Having an attorney draft a contract when there is already one created for your state is unnecessary. Do you have a title company? Does that title company do double closings and assignments?

    It seems like you are almost there.

    Ive been wholesaling for about 6 years and you are one of the most prepared newbie Ive seen so far! Keep up the good work!

    Thank you. Yes to the title company and we have been teaching them for 3+weeks. We have an office space and are next to them.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.