Interior Designer/Home Stager · Dallas, GA · Member since 2013 · 202 posts · 9 votes
Hi all, I am looking for updated information on list services. I have been researching the forums and see listsource, realtytrac, foreclosures.com, Melissadata, etc. My questions are:
1. Do you all obtain leads for both absentee owners and probates from these services? Can you get both? or can probates ONLY be accessed from your local court? Is there a way to differentiate between the two types of leads?
2. I've read some old posts, looking for the LATEST consensus on these listing services. At one point, listsource was great, now not so much??
3.Is there a way to pull pre-foclosures, absentees and probates from one source listing company?
I would appreciate EVERY one's input! Michael Quarles, Sharon Vornholt, @K. Marie Poe, What are you're thoughts! :)
Goshen, KY · Member since 2009 · 835 posts · 683 votes
13y
Nichole - Don't over think it. Get someone on the phone at listsource and talk to them. You will need to do that anyway to get them to plug in the equity piece. You don't have to commit to buying a list to talk to them.
-Ask how many contacts there would be for a list in these counties: then tell them the counties in your city with this criteria then lay out your criteria:
-Start with out of STATE absentee owners.
-50% equity or more
-I get homes with values between 50K and 225K. This will change with every area. My median house price is about 140K here. You will decide the range. You want mid range houses; nothing too expensive to sell easily.
-I omit bad areas by omitting zip codes in these areas.
Just make the decision to call them today. If you can get a list with 800-1200 names that is a good number to start with.
Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
13y
Did you ask them if they have online access to the deed and probate records? Even if only one of them is online (they are typically two different search sites even when both are online), you can then do that look-up from home or some place more convenient for you. Then you can spend time in the courthouse just researching what isn't online.
Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2023 · 27 posts · 16 votes
2y
@Sharon Vornholt , @Nichole Gabriel, @Steve Babiak, and everyone else. I'm just in love this thread. Wow three pages and the thread kept going. I wonder what are you guys now into, 11 years after. I was reading through the thread and I am like thank god, technology changed things now a days.
I wonder how things went with Nichole.
Sharon, do you still think listsource is as efficient as it was?
Is Absentee owner still as good as it was with the same criteria Sharon was mentioning? I am fresh in the market and would love to hear from y'all :)