Prop stream or Deal Machine?

Prop stream or Deal Machine?

Wholesaler · Lehigh Valley, PA · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 11 votes

Been thinking about investing in one of these sites, but want to hear which other wholesalers have had more success with and which offers the most benefits versus the cost. Thanks!

5Reply
304 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Purcellville, VA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 841 votes
6y

@Abrahm Dimmitt,

PropStream has a lot more data in it.  It's great for doing research, comps, etc.  Deal Machine is good mainly for D4D.  I think PropStream is a must have.  If you're going to do a lot of D4D, then you might want to have that, too.

When I do D4D, I use PropStream to locate a number of properties in a small geographic area.  I download those into Geo Batchcode so I can plan an efficient route to check out those properties, and of course I take note of any others of interest that I see along the way.  

See this reply in the discussion

37 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Denver Metro · Member since 2020 · 21 posts · 13 votes
    4y

    I used PropStream for about a year and recently parted ways. 

    PropStream was good with property, title, and tax data. They also offer a cheap and efficient way to skiptrace and send post cards, you can even design your own with their creator. Ultimately it was the customer service and poor quality of my post cards that caused me to leave. I have my own designs and after uploading them and sending them out for a few rounds of marketing I eventually received some un-deliverables and they were barely legible along with their being major defects during printing. When I brought this to their attention no attempt was made to correct it and I decided to unsubscribe. 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2019 · 117 posts · 57 votes
    4y

    @Abrahm Dimmitt we found Deal Machine had a better user experience while driving. PropStream is better at most everything else.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Lawrence, MA · Member since 2020 · 216 posts · 157 votes
    4y

    Propstream - Data creation + stacking

    Deal Machine - Driving for Dollars

    Open Letter Marketing - Mail Provider

    Using these 3 platforms, you will be able to create lists, research properties, and market to them effectively.

  • Investor · Atlanta GA · Member since 2018 · 188 posts · 71 votes
    4y

    Propstream - Data creation + stacking

    Deal Machine - Driving for Dollars

    Open Letter Marketing - Mail Provider

    Using these 3 platforms, you will be able to create lists, research properties, and market to them effectively.

    @Jake Soper - what do you recommend for calling ? Any VA service firms ? Any other automation tools you suggest ?

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jake Soper:

    Propstream - Data creation + stacking

    Deal Machine - Driving for Dollars

    Open Letter Marketing - Mail Provider

    Using these 3 platforms, you will be able to create lists, research properties, and market to them effectively.


     Is this still the case? I am wanting to START wholesaling so any advice is appreciated.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Lawrence, MA · Member since 2020 · 216 posts · 157 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Mathew McGhee:
    Quote from @Jake Soper:

    Propstream - Data creation + stacking

    Deal Machine - Driving for Dollars

    Open Letter Marketing - Mail Provider

    Using these 3 platforms, you will be able to create lists, research properties, and market to them effectively.


     Is this still the case? I am wanting to START wholesaling so any advice is appreciated.


     Yes, let me know if I can answer any more questions

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    @Jake Soper do you use a CRM? Currently I'm trying hubspot integrated with dealmachine but it doesn't click with Open Letter Marketing who recommend Invelo instead.

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    1y

    I know this is an old thread.

    I'd like to get a more recent opinion of these apps.

    I think the DFD options is very interesting.

    What we want to do is endorse one of these for our Real Estate Club in Greenville, SC and have a contest for our members to see who can find the most deals with the software.

    Maybe try and get a rep from the company we choose to come and speak at one of our in person meeting and also negotiate a longer trial window if possible for our members.

  • Real Estate Agent · Greenville, SC · Member since 2021 · 210 posts · 142 votes
    1y
    Quote from @John Underwood:

    I know this is an old thread.

    I'd like to get a more recent opinion of these apps.

    I think the DFD options is very interesting.

    What we want to do is endorse one of these for our Real Estate Club in Greenville, SC and have a contest for our members to see who can find the most deals with the software.

    Maybe try and get a rep from the company we choose to come and speak at one of our in person meeting and also negotiate a longer trial window if possible for our members.


     I know propstream will do a webinar for your group.  Not sure if they would do in person or not.

  • Jacob CamhiBusiness Member
    Hinton, WV · Member since 2026 · 132 posts · 40 votes
    5mo

    Great question. A lot of us have gone down the rabbit hole trying to pick “the one” site and it is usually not as simple as the marketing makes it sound.

    What I have found helpful is to treat it like a mini experiment instead of a guessing game. Pick two options you are seriously considering, pull the same type of list in the same market and time frame, and run a small, focused test batch from each. Then track just a few simple numbers: how many leads you loaded, how many actual conversations you had with decision‑makers, and how many real opportunities/contracts came out of that, plus your total spend. That will tell you which site is giving you more real shots on goal per dollar, not just more data.

    Also pay attention to how each one fits your workflow. If the data is decent but the interface is clunky and you dread logging in, you will not be consistent with it. In most markets, the difference between sites is smaller than the difference consistency and follow‑up makes, so I would use the test to pick one stack that feels good to use, gets you enough conversations at a cost you can live with, and then go deep on that instead of bouncing around.

  • Member since 2026 · 119 posts · 44 votes
    5mo

    both pull from similar national aggregators, so the underlying data quality is closer than the marketing suggests. propstream has better skip trace and comps built in. deal machine is stronger for driving for dollars with the pin-drop flow. if you're doing list-based outreach from a desk, propstream. if you're actually out in the car, deal machine.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.