Considering Wholesaling in Houston Curious About Buyers

Considering Wholesaling in Houston Curious About Buyers

Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 0 votes

I currently work as a full time in a technical field but this is a second career, I used to own a small business and gain sales via door to door sales and a ton of cold calling. I’m considering using wholesaling your get myself into real estate investing on the side. My current worry is finding buyers. If I start pounding the pavement and get some deals, where do I sell them? What kind of deal do I need to find for it to sell quickly? Is bigger pockets enough of a resource to not need a larger buyer list? What is the average time a wholesale deal sits before getting a buyer?

0Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Consultant · Houston, TX · Member since 2020 · 206 posts · 944 votes
6y

@Garrett Reed
Honestly, you don't have to find buyers or deals if you join a group of people who have tons of deals and buyers. I'm with a group from the last couple of years. They never had to seek for deals.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Garrett Reed

    Forgive all the typos! It’s eating me alive that I can’t find a way to edit my post! Can you tell I’m new to the app?

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 930 posts · 836 votes
    6y

    @Garrett Reed

    Don’t worry, the app itself needs some improvements I think. That sales background could really help. The basic school of thought is, that if the deal is good enough, finding a buyer is easy. The hard part is finding that deal with the meat on the bone for you, and the buyer.

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 871 votes
    6y

    You won't have any trouble finding a buyer IF you have a deal.  That's your focus.

  • Wholesaler · Houston, TX · Member since 2016 · 42 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    You can always start with me! But seriously, finding buyers is incredibly easy if you have a deal. Join some local real estate FB groups and ask who’s buying, they’ll all send you their email address and boom, you have some contacts. 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Houston, TX · Member since 2020 · 206 posts · 944 votes
    6y

    @Garrett Reed
    Honestly, you don't have to find buyers or deals if you join a group of people who have tons of deals and buyers. I'm with a group from the last couple of years. They never had to seek for deals.

  • Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @David Ginn
    How they are doing?

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Put a day-glo sign on the public right-of-way advertising a house at a stupid price.  When someone calls, tell them they just missed it and qualify/get their number.

    Or you can gin up one of those letters that looks like hand-scrawl and tell people you/your wife are honest hard-working people that are looking to helps others. And that you'd do that by offering them 20% below FMV. You may get some buyers that like that sort of thing.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.