Wholesaling in Todays Market

Wholesaling in Todays Market

New to Real Estate · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 55 posts · 30 votes

Hey everyone, 

My wife and I are trying to get into real estate but we don't have a lot money. We were planning on obtaining a conventional loan and were going to put down 3 - 5%, live in the unit for 1 - 2 years then rent it out but we were unable to find a solid property. I am located in Charlotte, NC and my market is HOT!! We put in multiple offers way over asking price but we keep getting outbid. We decided to wait and figure out a new strategy. in the mean time, we are going to keep reading, listening to podcasts and try to gain more information which is why i am looking at wholesaling. 

I am interested in wholesaling but i have zero experience. I know its not easy and there is a lot of work and time that is associated with it but i am ready to learn. over the next week, my goal is to fully understand the wholesaling process and which market(s) i should be focusing on. I don't think Charlotte will be a focus of mine so i will be looking into the surrounding areas such as Rock Hill, Columbia, Kannapolis, Salisbury, etc. I know this is a general forum but if you are familiar with these areas, feel free to reach out!

Anyways, my questions are.. 

1) What resources are good for understanding wholesaling?

2) the do's and dont's of wholesaling

3) is there a workflow chart around that i can look at?

I have a lot more questions but i'm sure they will be answered once i find some solid reading/listening material. 


thanks for your time! If you are an investor in or around Charlotte, North Carolina feel free to reach out!


Best, 

Eugene Rabinovich 

0Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
5y

You are just going to end up down a rabbit hole of click funnels and BS about how much money people make wholesaling when the truth is almost everyone fails at it. The reason why is because people think it's easy and think it's a way to make money to then start investing. It almost never works like that. Wholesaling is a full-time job, done right, and you have to kiss hundreds of frogs and spend money to get anything worthwhile on your plate. The best book on it is If You Can't Wholesale After Reading This, I've Got Nothing for You by Todd Fleming. But don't do it, you are going to waste six months trying to figure out how to do it just to realize almost all investors hate most wholesalers (the good ones are few and far between but they do exist).

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 691 votes
    5y

    @Eugene Rabinovich I'd encourage you to go to Youtube University and you can find so much free content on how to learn wholesaling. I can recommend specific channels, but wholesaling channels tend to have similar info. 

    Good luck!

  • New to Real Estate · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 55 posts · 30 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Jeffrey Donis:

    @Eugene Rabinovich I'd encourage you to go to Youtube University and you can find so much free content on how to learn wholesaling. I can recommend specific channels, but wholesaling channels tend to have similar info. 

    Good luck!

    Thanks! I plan on diving deep into Youtube, Podcasts and all that stuff! 

  • Jonathan GreeneBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Madison, NJ · Member since 2016 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    5y

    You are just going to end up down a rabbit hole of click funnels and BS about how much money people make wholesaling when the truth is almost everyone fails at it. The reason why is because people think it's easy and think it's a way to make money to then start investing. It almost never works like that. Wholesaling is a full-time job, done right, and you have to kiss hundreds of frogs and spend money to get anything worthwhile on your plate. The best book on it is If You Can't Wholesale After Reading This, I've Got Nothing for You by Todd Fleming. But don't do it, you are going to waste six months trying to figure out how to do it just to realize almost all investors hate most wholesalers (the good ones are few and far between but they do exist).

  • Flipper/Rehabber · New York, NY · Member since 2019 · 340 posts · 122 votes
    5y

    @Eugene Rabinovich Hey Eugene it’s a great start, it’s not easy however it is very doable. I do like that you are giving yourself timelines to complete each task of learning. The more you keep moving forward the faster you can get to your goals. People spend way too much time learning first when you can access the less important info as you progress forward. Anyways shoot me a DM if you have specific questions. Not easy to answer all your questions in a post. Also, you should see if you can join local meet ups but beware of sharks selling you programs.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.