House tour for potential first deal what should I be asking agent

House tour for potential first deal what should I be asking agent

Member since 2021 · 20 posts · 1 vote

My partner and I found a good potential deal to wholesale in our area, though with lack of pictures of the inside of the property, we are going to walkthrough the property. Wondering what type of questions we should ask the agent upon walkthrough, What to look for specifically, and how to estimate cost of rehab?

Thank you for your feedback in advance!

0Reply
16 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Gene HackerPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Lake Isabella, CA · Member since 2011 · 969 posts · 488 votes
    5y

    Agents all have different levels of experience and knowledge. I would walk the interior and takes lots of pictures and take lots of notes. Bigger pockets has a good book on estimating rehab costs. That would be worth reading. Once you have an accepted offer you can get a home inspection which will give you a good run down on issues.  You can also try to get contractors to walk the property and give estimates, but this can be hard if your market is hot.  In my area, it is hard to find a contractor that return a phone call let alone meet someone at a property for free.  

  • Member since 2021 · 20 posts · 1 vote
    5y
    Originally posted by @Gene Hacker:

    Agents all have different levels of experience and knowledge. I would walk the interior and takes lots of pictures and take lots of notes. Bigger pockets has a good book on estimating rehab costs. That would be worth reading. Once you have an accepted offer you can get a home inspection which will give you a good run down on issues.  You can also try to get contractors to walk the property and give estimates, but this can be hard if your market is hot.  In my area, it is hard to find a contractor that return a phone call let alone meet someone at a property for free.  

     Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! I'll make sure to take pictures and write notes on the stuff I find fishy.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.